CROSS FORUM NRL Finals Week One Discussion

Gotta credit Penriths recruitment too.

Blokes like Garner from Tigers and Alamoti from Dogs come in for cheap and just look right at home.

Having an organised system where players just have a simple role to play helps.

What a shock tonight’s result was.

Closest competition ever.

Didn't watch the second half, but that 1st half performance suggests to me that the rorters are going to be rubbish next year with their outs + Swalker gone for half the season.

I still dont get how players can get away with punching down on other players outstretched arms like JFH just did then.

I hate it, can’t believe there hasn’t been a broken arm from it yet. Happens in the women’s game too.

Simple solution is that the player being held onto is deemed onside or a penalty is blown against the ball carrier for interference on a defender

Only way the NRL will change from this absolute garbage they put on TV is if fans turn away... if panthers are the only team playing people will get sick of it and turn it off.
Like when QLD dominated and they said origin was dead.

This will be penrith's last game at the stadium until the new one is built won't it??

Wonder if the penrith crackheads will loot the place... in true Druitt style
The parra fans burned down the grandstand at old Cumberland oval after the last game there

Cleary played about 10 games of the regular season and then just dials it up in their first final and just like that they're 1 win away from a 4th consecutive grand final. They're going to sorely miss Luai and about 12 months ago, I wouldn't have been saying that. Tigers might have got a good one. However, we were saying the same thing when they lost Koroisau.

You do wonder how many more crucial parts to their team they can afford to keep letting go without taking a hit in their performances, surely missing JFH and Luai brings them back a bit, doesn't it?

How good would it be for all three premierships to be stripped.
If the giants win the AFL we can look forward to at least a few more years of the riffs dominance cos vlando won’t want to be losing anymore fans to that game than they already have

Cleary played about 10 games of the regular season and then just dials it up in their first final and just like that they're 1 win away from a 4th consecutive grand final. They're going to sorely miss Luai and about 12 months ago, I wouldn't have been saying that. Tigers might have got a good one. However, we were saying the same thing when they lost Koroisau.

You do wonder how many more crucial parts to their team they can afford to keep letting go without taking a hit in their performances, surely missing JFH and Luai brings them back a bit, doesn't it?
If ponga can win dally M after missing a shitload of games , Clearys got this in the bag🤔

Whatever happened to Sonny Luke the next big thing behind api? Bitch Kenny hardly missed a game since api departed

I noticed in the set when garner scored, 2 plays where the flog playing the ball pushed themselves into the defence taking out a few like a fucking bowling ball.
Anyone know when this rule was introduced? Or is just one of those riff and storm things 😫💩

After dominating the comp for 5 years including 4 grand final wins and 10 straight finals games wins, surely if you're the team playing the Panthers in the prelim final, you throw something different at them.

I know the old saying "we'll just concentrate on our game and let the opposition worry about themselves" but i don't think you can just go out and play your own game agaisnt Penrith.

I'm still yet to see a team really target Cleary in both defence and attack, that has to be priority. Apart from that, the way the dogs attacked us when they beat us combined with a kick early and kick for the sideline approach I'd like to see. You cant get into that arm wrestle back and forwards flowing situation because they're too good.

I know changing your style of footy this deep is risky but after 4-5 years i just don't think you can turn up and play stock standard game plan and style of footy against Penrith.

*5th consecutive.

I noticed in the set when garner scored, 2 plays where the flog playing the ball pushed themselves into the defence taking out a few like a fucking bowling ball.
Anyone know when this rule was introduced? Or is just one of those riff and storm things 😫💩
I forgot to add - **** the roosters anyhow 🤣

Active Now

• Gaz
  • azza.79
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • Alec
  • kman
  • broncoscope
  • thenry
  • Stix
  • upthebroncs
  • Tristan1990
  • lynx000
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • Shane Tronc
  • Financeguy
  • Old Mate
  • Rambstien
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.