NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoffman ahead of James Roberts? Lolz

Josh Hoffman > James Roberts?

The Gold Coast fans are a stroppy bunch.

I'm surprised they didn't go Hayne. Haha

But seriously...Hoffman. Bahahaha

There are some pretty average names on that list.

I'm surprised they didn't go Hayne. Haha

But seriously...Hoffman. Bahahaha

Fortunately for them, Hayne didn't fulfill the 30 game plus requirement, otherwise he would have been a shoe-in.

Honestly though Luke O'Dwyer & Brad Meyers? I'm glad they received recognition but in terms of on-field achievement Dave Taylor, Nate Myles, Gavin Cooper & Ash Taylor were all better players.

Meyers was instrumental in them going so well in '08 (I think it was that year).

'09-'10.

I'm glad he got to make a list like this, but there were certainly other forwards who played for the Gold Coast who were better players.

I remember Vossy having a hard on for Meyers.

'09-'10.

I'm glad he got to make a list like this, but there were certainly other forwards who played for the Gold Coast who were better players.

Better players, yes. Dave Taylor, Myles, etc were better players. But they weren't as good for the Titans.

Better players, yes. Dave Taylor, Myles, etc were better players. But they weren't as good for the Titans.

The only argument for Meyers is his off-field behaviour and value for money. Otherwise he was the prince of plodders...

The only argument for Meyers is his off-field behaviour and value for money. Otherwise he was the prince of plodders...

IMO he played every bit like the Norse Warrior he looked like. Wasn't fancy but gave his all and outplayed some far more fancied names from opposition teams. Myers, Bailey, Laffranchi and Harrison were awesome.

I'd take my overrated sack of shit over your ginger hermit all day every day.

In all seriousness...if only Chrissy Walker had played 10 more games. We wouldn't even be having this conversation!

With drama still ongoing regarding the collective bargaining agreement and salary cap, Triple M's Paul Kent has said that clubs have been warned that the financial situation is changing.
"The clubs have been told under the strictest certainty that there's no more war chest of money if a club gets into trouble," Kenty said.
"So where we see the Knights and the Titans currently owned by the NRL and we saw the Wests Tigers and St George Illawarra bailed out, that money is no longer there.
"So the next club that can't run its budget and runs at a loss, unless they can go out and find a rich benefactor to pick up their debt, there's no NRL safety net there should they fail.
"That club will more than likely look at the prospect of going to the wall."

Www.triplem.com.au
Interesting. So, any club that goes bust will more than likely have to relocate.

Www.triplem.com.au
Interesting. So, any club that goes bust will more than likely have to relocate.

They are just saying that because right now all the clubs are sweet, they are trying to look tough. If one of their beloved Sydney clubs gets into trouble it won't be for a few years and they will bail them out for sure, hoping everyone forgets they said that. It's the NRL I don't believe anything they say, god forbid the clubs should have to stand on their own 2 feet.

I suspect it's more a way to drive a wedge between the clubs and players. The clubs and players seem to be mostly united about having the highest salary cap possible, because it means the clubs get more with their ~130% grant. But with this latest development, the NRL have basically said "that's fine, but the money has to come from somewhere. So it comes from the War Chest. Are you clubs comfortable with losing that safety net"? Most will be fine with that. Others not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • Fatboy
  • marw
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • mieko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.