NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it'd be great if the wrestle was gone. That's not the point I was making at all.

I know, but that was the point of the story you were referring to.

The point is Bennett and many many many others have been whinging about it for years, in fact over a decade. Why now? Why now that souths have a problem with it is it a problem that it needs immediate action? It's not as if the nrl needed a 21 page dossier to see the fucking problem, everyone saw it and commented on it. Why wasn't it clamped down on when Bennett wanted it out of the game when he was at the broncos and had a team built around it.

The NRL have responded to complaints, that's why we have a two referee system and penalties were introduced to help police the ruck. They haven't gone far enough, so Souths put it upon themselves to study the ruck and put together an idea to the NRL that they're going to try.

Souths aren't the first club to suggest an idea and have it approved by the NRL.

Last edited:
There will be a crackdown on wrestling...for about 5 rounds, like always.
Exactly... and then the intellectual rugby league mind of Slothfield will pipe up with his

"there's too many penalties 😫😫😫... they're ruining the game with penalties"

Some more details coming out regarding Fox League: Cronk & Finch contracts not renewed.

Not surprised by the Finch news, apparently he never even went to rehab last year, despite the media reports, and that was part of the reason he wasn't renewed.

Some more details coming out regarding Fox League: Cronk & Finch contracts not renewed.

Not surprised by the Finch news, apparently he never even went to rehab last year, despite the media reports, and that was part of the reason he wasn't renewed.
Cronk surprises me. They were spruiking the shit out of him all season.

No Cronk, but we still have to suffer with Braith Anasta. Maybe Cronk turned them down? Would explain why he's working with the Storm now? I think he had potential.

Since it's Fox we're talking about, it probably amounts to nothing more than someone like Anasta being a yes man, while Cronk isn't.

I still have nightmares.

Cronk is a huge loss. Rugby League media is in need of a huge shake up and Cooper Cronk is one of the most well spoken personalities in the game and easily one of the most likeable. He would know how to lead a panel and address some of the finer talking points that get lost in all the soft ball surface level questions.

It's sad, but there's very little seperating 9 and Fox.

Do we know if he has been let go by fox or is that typical Weidler making shit up considering cronk's wife also works for fox sports and you would think the head honchos at fox would love to keep both of them? I assumed cronk is more just analysist role and was never hosting any of their coverage considering yvonne sampson pretty much hosts fox leagues coverage

I still have nightmares.

Cronk is a huge loss. Rugby League media is in need of a huge shake up and Cooper Cronk is one of the most well spoken personalities in the game and easily one of the most likeable. He would know how to lead a panel and address some of the finer talking points that get lost in all the soft ball surface level questions.

agree, but also doesn't his mrs work for Fox, which makes the decision a bit stranger

Maybe Uncle Nick isn't subsidising his media career anymore? Or his AFL job clashed?
I'm sure it's just a coincidence that as soon as he left the Roosters he was cut from Fox. 🙄

So clubs had to finalise their squads on March 1st which means in the coming days we should see some new signings from Canberra, Newcastle, Warriors, Parramatta, St George Illawarra and Sydney. The last two clubs in particular have to announce two signings which should be interesting, although in the case of Sydney, it appears that Max Bailey and Sam Walker will be a part of the squad if the official site is anything to go.

The 2020 Season Guide was also released today. My personal collection only spans to 2006 but it's easily my most anticipated purchase of the year. It reminds me of buying school books, it's not long now until the year truly begins.

I still have nightmares.

I don’t understand the Cronk love at all. The bloke has to be one of the most boring personalities out there. Broomsticks have more personality than Cooper Cronk.

Last edited:
I don’t understand the Cronk love at all. The bloke has to be one of the most boring personalities out there. Broomsticks have more personality than Cooper Cronk.

Because the guy knows his football, can talk about the finer details without alienating the audience and he's beloved on both sides of the Tweed.

I don't think he'd be an effective commentator, but as somebody leading a discussion and breaking the games down the only person who compares is Sterlo and he has over 30 years experience.

A show each week by Sterlo and Cronk breaking down each game of the round would be immense and something the Fox Sports coverage desperately needs.

There's no analysis shows. I think the Big League Wrap was meant to be that? If it was, they have failed.

A show each week by Sterlo and Cronk breaking down each game of the round would be immense and something the Fox Sports coverage desperately needs.

There's no analysis shows. I think the Big League Wrap was meant to be that? If it was, they have failed.

and it would kill all the other footy shows on TV in the ratings

Because the guy knows his football, can talk about the finer details without alienating the audience and he's beloved on both sides of the Tweed.

I don't think he'd be an effective commentator, but as somebody leading a discussion and breaking the games down the only person who compares is Sterlo and he has over 30 years experience.
I've always rated Andrew Johns as one of the best when it comes to analysing games and moments in them. And he sees it straight away, unlike most of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • peter09
  • Browny
  • Santa
  • barker
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • lynx000
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.