NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox Sports: Luai ‘in the mix’ for Kangaroos as Meninga aims to get Samoa star to defect. https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...1/news-story/47a76d95314a23da0b71bd79f1406a2a

This is absolute rubbish by Meninga/Australia.

FFS you dumb *****, a strong international game is key to the games long term growth. Taking every good player for Australia is dumb as shit. Hopefully Luai rejects him.

As always I will cheer whoever plays against Australia for as long as the international game is rigged.

True...but he's also a fuckwit and I'd rather not see him in the green and gold.

Kunt says that Jason Ryles has signed a 3 year deal to become an assistant at the Rorters

With no clause to get out to be head coach either and of course, all this was instigated by Ryles.
You gotta give it to the Roosters. They know how to recruit.

You gotta give it to the Roosters. They know how to recruit.

Helps when you 'are approached' though by your recruit doesn't it. Something smells off about this. Why wouldn't he go back to Melbourne? His pathway to head coach is less blocked there if Bellamy does it give it away after one more season and he doesn't have the ridiculous non-get out clause in his contract.

Helps when you 'are approached' though by your recruit doesn't it. Something smells off about this. Why wouldn't he go back to Melbourne? His pathway to head coach is less blocked there if Bellamy does it give it away after one more season and he doesn't have the ridiculous non-get out clause in his contract.

he was reportedly at Melbourne ... although not in a full time capacity

he was reportedly at Melbourne ... although not in a full time capacity

He was reportedly their post-Bellamy succession plan and left to go to England to learn before coming back to replace Bellamy but had visa issues or something. So how does he go from that to giving Roosters a begging please take me no conditions at all plead?

Ryles to take over from Robinson when Robinson comes to the Broncos in 2023 .

Jizz

Is the rumour that he actually has no get out clause? That would seem unusual for an assistant coach to not have a pathway to head coaching if offered.

Is the rumour that he actually has no get out clause? That would seem unusual for an assistant coach to not have a pathway to head coaching if offered.

Unusual but not strange, if Ryles is going to change I think it would be just that a change. Assistants very rarely stay at one club for their whole career if they're assistants long term and Ryles may be thinking his CV will look better in three years if he's been at two clubs and had success- three years the Storm job comes up and Ryles has been part of success at the Roosters and goes back.

The no leaving thing is common with the Roosters, I assume after losing two assistants in quick time they want to know they have an assistant for three years.

It won't matter what job isn't going to be around in three years?

O'Brien did the same thing left the Storm for the Roosters and he was at the Storm for 11 years and life member.

Unusual but not strange, if Ryles is going to change I think it would be just that a change. Assistants very rarely stay at one club for their whole career if they're assistants long term and Ryles may be thinking his CV will look better in three years if he's been at two clubs and had success- three years the Storm job comes up and Ryles has been part of success at the Roosters and goes back.

The no leaving thing is common with the Roosters, I assume after losing two assistants in quick time they want to know they have an assistant for three years.

It won't matter what job isn't going to be around in three years?

O'Brien did the same thing left the Storm for the Roosters and he was at the Storm for 11 years and life member.
You'd think if Roosters continue to do well Ryles will be the most wanted coach on the market in 2025.

You'd think if Roosters continue to do well Ryles will be the most wanted coach on the market in 2025.

Which I imagine is pretty smart by him, pads out his CV, looks experienced and knowledgeable and his stock goes up and up.

Perception too that Storm guys like Wonka, no one knows what goes on in there or how it goes on- if you come out of the factory and work somewhere else you show you're versatile and adaptable.

Which I imagine is pretty smart by him, pads out his CV, looks experienced and knowledgeable and his stock goes up and up.

Perception too that Storm guys like Wonka, no one knows what goes on in there or how it goes on- if you come out of the factory and work somewhere else you show you're versatile and adaptable.

Behind the scenes in Melbourne....

violet GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • Culhwch
  • john1420
  • Big Del
  • HarryAllan7
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Ondi
  • mrslong
  • Justwin
  • Santa
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.