NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if i have ever disliked a footy player as much as i do Fatrell.

Maybe Coates for defecting to the storm, but thats a distant second place.

Melbourne and the Warriors now hitting up the NRL for a reduction in the bans of Smith and Walsh as both would have played in that rep game. I hate to say it in the case of the Storm, but they have a valid point here. There is no way the NRL can pick and choose both what games and what incidents count to bans being upheld. They have to be consistent.
Lol.

Vossy made a good point on his Breakfast Radio show. Both Dylan Walker and Jordan Rapana were allowed to play despite being suspended for Round 1, so why wasn't Latrell allowed to play? On top of that, Canberra will now be without Rapana for another game because of the shoulder charge suspension from that game.

Vossy made a good point on his Breakfast Radio show. Both Dylan Walker and Jordan Rapana were allowed to play despite being suspended for Round 1, so why wasn't Latrell allowed to play? On top of that, Canberra will now be without Rapana for another game because of the shoulder charge suspension from that game.
Wasnt it something to do with the grading of his charge or something?
Either way pretty stupid shit from the nrl.

Yeah this. If there is leeway, it just gets abused. At the moment the ref's failure to call forward passes is allowing plays to happen that shouldn't. Where defenders have defended well and positioned themselves effectively and they are punished by an illegal play that doesn't get called, even if that is a fullback that gets beaten by a forward pass after the initial break. It's no different to an illegal block play that takes out defenders, if they can't score within the rules, they don't deserve to.

Teams are just going to have to err on the side of caution when it comes to passes, which is no bad thing.

What I am concerned about is the system they use. If it's only going to be done via a chip in the football, it will be easy to exploit, as the momentum of the runner can not be accurately taken in to consideration. If the passer subtly moves the ball forward in relation to their body before passing it, that initial movement will be used as the base point of momentum (ie, the speed the runner is going) and anything less "forward" than that momentum will be considered "backwards". To make it accurate, they'd want to have something attached to the player to establish the true base point, and that wouldn't be hard since they all already have trackers built in to their jerseys.

And even then, I am still concerned by how "forward" some passes will be that are technically legal. If the passer is running at full speed (around 8-10 metres per second), and they throw a long ball out to their winger that takes 2 seconds to get there, they could legitimately throw the ball from 20 metres out and have it caught a metre from the try line and it will still be considered "backwards" by the momentum rule.
I figured out how to take that out of the equation. I just don't want to disclose it on a public forum.

I don't know if i have ever disliked a footy player as much as i do Fatrell.

Maybe Coates for defecting to the storm, but thats a distant second place.
I prefer “latrine” personally but “Fatrell”works too.

Wasnt it something to do with the grading of his charge or something?
Either way pretty stupid shit from the nrl.
I'd imagine grading or nature of the charge but still the lack of consistency is staggering.

I don't think the NRL could have made a bigger mistake. Let Latrell play All-Stars, but he still misses two NRL games. It seems simple enough but then they'll grant these weird exceptions...

Just like how they allowed Rapana to serve his suspension concurrently but forced Staggs to sit out an extra two weeks.

I'm fine with it, if he's not allowed to play in it, it's fair to count.
Ah, I knew the Ryzens had something to do with this. All part of the plan eh?

The jokes write themselves here.

Former NRL salary cap auditior and current Roosters salary cap "compliance" manager Ian Schubert awarded life membership.

The jokes write themselves here.

Former NRL salary cap auditior and current Roosters salary cap "compliance" manager Ian Schubert awarded life membership.

Schubert clearly for ongoing services to the club.

How did Collins escape a ban for his it. It was pretty ordinary.
Furthest body part away from the head... so naturally the NRL dont care.... but also roosters.

Seriously though I dont know how either him or Tamou arent getting several weeks on the sideline.

Broken legs dont cause CTE I suppose

Furthest body part away from the head... so naturally the NRL dont care.... but also roosters.

Seriously though I dont know how either him or Tamou arent getting several weeks on the sideline.

Broken legs dont cause CTE I suppose

Tamou is getting a 1 game ban by all accounts. Doesnt seem enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Yellowfella
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.