NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
As long as when we release our pride jerseys there’s a brown stripe on our rainbow, in honour of copropheliacs, another sexually maligned and ridiculed minority who aren’t breaking any laws or doing anything that affects other people. These people have been unfairly marginalised for too long and I want them spoken about and supported. They should also add a c to the whole LGBQIHKOlAXD etc etc, whatever it is next year.
You forgot to mention those who like to have sex with animals......its a surprisingly large community (so I've heard)

Can't the NRL somehow grandiose those forgotten unfortunates. with a colourful pattern of some sorts?

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
You forgot to mention those who like to have sex with animals......its a surprisingly large community (so I've heard)

Can't the NRL somehow grandiose those forgotten unfortunates. with a colourful pattern of some sorts?
Unless they get consent from those animals those people are rapists, not on the same level as innocent people with a simple poo fetish.

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
lucious lyon wtf GIF
It actually makes plenty of sense to me. You just have to look at all the crap that comes up on Australia Day about changing the date and invasion day etc. Another hotbed of political debate in itself, whether you agree with it or not, its always there. The spotlight is always on it. That's why I wish they would have the indigenous All stars vs England on Australia Day and see how it would play out with rugby league as the modern day battle field.

At least if you play the pride game as a stand alone match in Grand final week, it is one of only two matches on, it's the type of game they can take down to Melbourne or Adelaide and draw a huge crowd with, and it takes the religious aspect out of the equation by bringing in Super league based players. Then model it off the NBA all-stars match if need be. Obviously the G.F teams players wouldn't be playing, but they can all show their support however they want.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Hasn’t the battle for large scale general acceptance of different sexual orientation been won or well on the way to being won for some time? unless you plan on rounding up and executing all of the survivors. There is no shame in these lifestyle choices, so what is the need for all of these pride events?
Exactly......in most, if not all civilised countries, a homosexual lifestyle choice is no big deal......no-one really gives a **** anymore. Do what you fucken want, we really don't care. Why the constant attention seeking....

and what the **** has it got to do with Rugby League?

Vlandys.....the ever present grubby politician.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Why is it an issue......?

For a cause thats supposed to be about acceptance......it seems there is none, if you have a different POV
I have acceptance for people to practice their beliefs, however they have breached the NRL code of conduct and should not have signed with the NRL if they're unable to be accepting of LGBTQ+. They have chosen that for themselves, unfortunately.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
The NRL definitely has the right intentions, but i personally think it would work much better as something along the lines of the all-star match, but have it on the Wednesday night of Grand final week, where they can really build into it and make a big statement with it. And possibly even open it up to Super League based players to offset any players that rule themselves out due to religious beliefs.

Could even do something a little lighthearted in terms of selection and have it that Gus plays selector for one side, Buzz the selector for the other for example. Then have the origin coaches coaching.
All stars but gay men get to vote the team selections based on who’s hottest

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Exactly......in most, if not all civilised countries, a homosexual lifestyle choice is no big deal......no-one really gives a **** anymore. Do what you fucken want, we really don't care. Why the constant attention seeking....

and what the **** has it got to do with Rugby League?

Vlandys.....the ever present grubby politician.
Here I agree with you. The NRL should not have engaged in this social justice issue, but now they have they need to play it out, IMO. The only thing it has to do with Rugby League is that the NRL professes that it is a game for ALL and they expect players to respect people regardless.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Unless they get consent from those animals those people are rapists,
Thats a good point.......although, no animal to date, has pressed charges. So.....

Now I'm not saying that those animals were asking for it either by the way they looked, but.....

its complicated man. Best to change the subject......

Emperors New Groove Crying GIF

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I have acceptance for people to practice their beliefs, however they have breached the NRL code of conduct and should not have signed with the NRL if they're unable to be accepting of LGBTQ+. They have chosen that for themselves, unfortunately.
As RL players...why has that choice been forced on them to make.......?

What has it got to do with playing RL?

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
As RL players...why has that choice been forced on them to make.......?

What has it got to do with playing RL?
They weren't forced to sign the contract 😂😂

IMO it's got nothing to do with them playing rugby league, but unfortunately they have now found out that they are unable to show the respect that is expected of them.

It's a shame, but it is what it is and facts are facts, mate. It's there in their contracts and they chose to make this demonstration. Realistically, they should have quit, then it would be on the NRL to change their Code of Conduct in order to retain them.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
The contract stipulated the part about supporting any cause the NRL tells you to did it...?
It is written there in the Code of Conduct . Did Proctor's contract also say "no vaping in toilet cubicles at halftime"?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
It actually makes plenty of sense to me. You just have to look at all the crap that comes up on Australia Day about changing the date and invasion day etc. Another hotbed of political debate in itself, whether you agree with it or not, its always there. The spotlight is always on it. That's why I wish they would have the indigenous All stars vs England on Australia Day and see how it would play out with rugby league as the modern day battle field.

At least if you play the pride game as a stand alone match in Grand final week, it is one of only two matches on, it's the type of game they can take down to Melbourne or Adelaide and draw a huge crowd with, and it takes the religious aspect out of the equation by bringing in Super league based players. Then model it off the NBA all-stars match if need be. Obviously the G.F teams players wouldn't be playing, but they can all show their support however they want.

FFS...why?

Go and join a rally somewhere mate if you're looking for political entertainment......

I came here to watch the footy.....

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
I disagree.......tell Vlandys to EAD, IMO.

I didn't sign up to be a warrior for social injustices. I signed a contract to play RL.....
You're a boss, right? What would you do to an employee if you said you expect him to wear PPE and he told you to EAD?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
It is written there in the Code of Conduct . Did Proctor's contract also say "no vaping in toilet cubicles at halftime"?
You might consider the no-smoking law in public places.....and rethink your question.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
You might consider the no-smoking law in public places.....and rethink your question.
You might consider the various Anti-Discrimination laws in Australia and rethink your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Foordy
  • jarro65
  • Brocko
  • kman
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Jeza23
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  • mrtij
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BooKhaki
  • broncotville
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.