NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question I have is, I wonder if manly consulted all their sponsors that are on their jerseys about this?

Kahu went full chad on the bigot Manly players:

i095pj5pk0e91.jpg

Great chance for Segeyaro to play first grade again.

the 7 Manly players have reportedly been told not to attend the game tomorrow night over the concerns for their safety

I agree on principle, but not in practice. I would like to point out that I haven't made any personal attacks on the players or their character, only that what they have done is technically a breach in the code of conduct and no matter how it came to pass, that is what it is. I actually do feel bad for them, but would hope that serious questions were asked in relation to how one chooses an employer.

The same goes for all of us. I think a lot of people are almost forced into a workplace purely out of need.

Furthermore, I think this issue should highlight Manly and the NRL as businesses that can happily write words on pages and then not actively live them. This incident is not the first.

Honestly, nor would I wear one, and I never said they should either. In fact, I voiced my reasons as to why earlier.

I will here point out that this incident highlighted a number of posters who seem to hold rather negative views towards the LGBTQ+ community. I have not been on here screaming about their rights, but rather responding logically to voices which seem to support the view that they do not have equal rights. In saying that, I respect people's right to think that way, but I also have the right to respond in turn and hopefully provide an alternative viewpoint or change a person's mind.

Not sure why I am now a target for pointing out the logical flaws in all the poor arguments here, but I will just leave it. It's not worth more of my time and people are only annoyed with it, so I apologise for being annoying, but certainly not for anything I have said. I do understand how it feels, and maybe people need some time to think more about it, or maybe not.

Peace
All I will say on this is, if the NRL tried to allege that these players had breached the code of conduct by their refusal to wear this jersey, I would love to be the lawyer representing the players.

How about this one:

Hugh Jackman reportedly knew about this jersey two weeks ago, but the players/coaches didn't

All I will say on this is, if the NRL tried to allege that these players had breached the code of conduct by their refusal to wear this jersey, I would love to be the lawyer representing the players.
They definitely would have great grounds for a counter claim.

Judging by the NRL reddit, Manly fans want them out of the team, the issue is bad enough, but for it to be enough for them to not even play over a milktoast pride colouring on the jersey has them angry.

I can understand it, losing half your starters over an issue which seems more political to abstain then just play on, it's going to be more painful for them going this route then not.

Tallis on nrl 360 trying to claim that the titans paid market price for Fifita and that the broncos offered him 1 mil lmao
So we offered overs and that still wasn't market price lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.