NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray Hadley is reporting that the divide at Manly started long before the pride jersey fiasco. He says it started because DCE was not subjected to the same bubble conditions as the rest of his team mates last year:

Ray Hadley on 2GB:

“We all know that last year, first of all the players went into a bubble and a number of clubs went into Twin Waters in the Sunshine Coast,” Hadley revealed on 2GB.

“I think Penrith were among the clubs that went there, Manly certainly went there, Newcastle went there and maybe the Roosters were there at a time as well.

“Manly were there as well, they went there, when restrictions were eased the families were exported from New South Wales to spend time with the players and be housed in I guess a location where fathers had access to children and their wives, partners and things like that.

“On the Sunshine Coast Manly there with other New South Wales based teams there was apparently special dispensation given to the skipper Daly Cherry-Evans to live away from the bubble in a house.

“Completely legal but that didn’t go down too well with other players, whose wives and family were living in close vicinity to where they were.

“You had the coach allowing the captain to be special and live in a house away from the rest of the players and that created a divide and I’ve confirmed that with a number of players.

“They tell me that it created a divide and that divide was well before the rainbow jumper round, well before it.

“To try and trace it back to happening around the rainbow jumper round is ridiculous, it happened when Des Hasler decided as the coach to allow the captain to live elsewhere and some of the players were upset about it and continue to be upset about it.

“I don’t quite understand how this all happened but it did, there’s talk today Tony Mestrov the new CEO will solve all the problems, well he can’t be that good Tony.

“No mistake about this, any change at Manly will simply be someone carrying out the wishes of the owner of Scott Penn that’s how it works.

“If you own the club you make the decisions and he owns the club and he’s back from New York at the moment and he’s taking ownership over what happens I imagine.”

As much as I don't believe much from journalists, the way DCE went about his contract was absolute scummery and it was obvious Manly would have to throw him so many dispensations in order to get him to sign. Legally he did nothing wrong, and all he did was expose and leverage the stupidity of the NRL rules at the time, but Blind Freddy could see that he didn't want to leave Manly and was only using the Titans as a bargaining chip. I can't imagine what they threw at him in the final hours that they had to get him to backflip, but special treatment was always going to be expected, if not demanded.

HOW?!?!?!?!? What possible justification can they have?
In proposing the timing of the match suspension, the NRL considered a number of factors including when the incident took place, the date at which the proceedings were finalised and the impact of a match suspension at this time of year.

Can't suspend a bloke for the finals, c'mon now have some common sense Morkel.

In proposing the timing of the match suspension, the NRL considered a number of factors including when the incident took place, the date at which the proceedings were finalised and the impact of a match suspension at this time of year.

Can't suspend a bloke for the finals, c'mon now have some common sense Morkel.

Stop teasing me Pete. Are you on this bandwagon or not? You are one if the least biased and most reasonable person on this forum. But surely even for you this is dodgy, right?

Stop teasing me Pete. Are you on this bandwagon or not? You are one if the least biased and most reasonable person on this forum. But surely even for you this is dodgy, right?
Incredibly dodgy.

It's not even like the Auva'a situation where he was guilty as sin but he wasn't sentenced till after the Grand Final.

It's just a poor look and furthers the distrust fans have with the organisation. It seems like there are rules for some clubs that don't apply to others.

What a crock of shit that suspension actually is. I mean with a statement like this from the NRL,

" In proposing the timing of the match suspension, the NRL considered a number of factors including when the incident took place, the date at which the proceedings were finalised and the impact of a match suspension at this time of year "

How can they ever ban a player from an important game ever again. Saying they took into consideration the impact a ban at this time of year can have basically is saying if its an important game, we will just push the suspension back and you can take it at another time that suits you. You look at how they treated Milf, which was disgusting imo, and then how they have treated May it does make you wonder how much the NRL are invested in having the Panthers being the top dogs in the game. Milf should sue the fuckers.

Don’t worry guys, Vlandys did that thing that time that everyone else did too but he did it two weeks quicker, he’s got this!

An just as an added insult into injury, the AFL has just announced a massive tv rights deal that is bigger and transparent.

So glad this mastermind of an NRL chairman negotiated a downgraded, totally non-transparent deal during Covid…I guess he got in early there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Broncs1459
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • Battler
  • bazza
  • Dash
  • mitch222
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Ondi
  • phoenix
  • BroncosAlways
  • leon.bott
  • KnToad
  • Fatboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.