NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come off it, anyone is better than Anasta, I can't stand Ginnane but give me him over Anasta any day.

just out of interest, how do they compare to Patty's from last year that earned him 4 weeks?

I didn't see any of them but would be keen of the opinion of anyone who saw the incidents.

These are all of the hip drops, including Patty's.

First off, Patty's.

Now Okunbor's.

Niukore's.

And Finucane's.

I don't think there's much wrong with the suspensions. You could probably make an argument that Niukore's only deserved a week and Okunbor's should have been two weeks.

When it comes to Patty's, it's important to remember his hip drop tackle led to Hastings getting a broken leg so the punishment was always going to be more severe. It would be pretty unreasonable to expect every player guilty of a hip drop that doesn't result in injury to receive the same punishment.

First off, Patty's.

Now Okunbor's.

Niukore's.

And Finucane's.

I don't think there's much wrong with the suspensions. You could probably make an argument that Niukore's only deserved a week and Okunbor's should have been two weeks.

When it comes to Patty's, it's important to remember his hip drop tackle led to Hastings getting a broken leg so the punishment was always going to be more severe. It would be pretty unreasonable to expect every player guilty of a hip drop that doesn't result in injury to receive the same punishment.

Good job compiling this.

I'm pretty sure Lolo was faking injury for the penalty and it got a player binned in the process... so be prepared for this to be the new dive of choice in the league.

CNK's was also a pretty clear dive... mainly because their player had ready been binned earlier and he wanted precedent to get him binned as well... although Finucane's was the most blatant from the weekend

I'm not sure what else Niukore is meant to do in his, but he gets binned anyway.

We play Saturday so here's hoping the media kick up a stink and the crack down is rescinded by then

Come off it, anyone is better than Anasta, I can't stand Ginnane but give me him over Anasta any day.
Was just joking with the Anasta comment. lol. I must have tuned in when Ginnane was ranting. He sounded like a raving lunatic XD

First off, Patty's.

Now Okunbor's.

Niukore's.

And Finucane's.

The injury no doubt played a role but he's also the 3rd man in, probably didn't help him too much.

First off, Patty's.

Now Okunbor's.

Niukore's.

And Finucane's.

he was also 3rd man in on someone already wrapped up , it was pretty careless

Wests new ANZAC jersey to commemorate the ADF features American troops.....

What a useless club.
FsxmPQAXgAE1xgL

Kent is losing the plot... he's now going after the international game due to the injury crisis occurring at clubs.

It's likely him being a megaphone for Ricky again, because he was complaining about players getting increased time off over the preseason... but he's a fucking moron if he seriously thinks we should be looking to reduce the international game.

The rise of Tonga, Samoa, etc. and subsequent rise in international league has been one of the major highlights over the last 5 years or so... maybe even longer

The bloke is a deadset moron at this point

How exactly are they American troops?

We don't have Apaches yet as far as I'm aware, which while not being definitive either way would tend to support the theory they're not Aussie troops either.

It's a wicked photo though to be fair, and orange at that. But ANZAC round, really, if you're going to do something in memory at least get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • barker
  • BruiserMk1
  • Alec
  • Porthoz
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lozza
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.