NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir Nick .
Roosters chairman Nick Politis.

How are the Roosters second favourites? I haven't been impressed by them at all. Tedesco seems to be slowing down, Keary is one knock away from retirement, Walker is still super young. And so far they've beaten the Warriors (5th admittedly), and the Eels & Rabbitohs, who are 11th and 15th. Plus one bye. Are the betting agencies privy to something we don't know?

How are the Roosters second favourites? I haven't been impressed by them at all. Tedesco seems to be slowing down, Keary is one knock away from retirement, Walker is still super young. And so far they've beaten the Warriors (5th admittedly), and the Eels & Rabbitohs, who are 11th and 15th. Plus one bye. Are the betting agencies privy to something we don't know?

Paper bags.

But also, the Roosters were lucky to beat the Warriors, some seriously fortuitous decisions went their way.

Probably a fair bit of cash went in on them pre-season. Big money signing in the Cheese and their starting pack looked stacked (JWH, Lodge, Crichton, Radley and Tupouniua) alongside the rest of their 1.5m+ in contractual "goodwill" they get over the rest of the NRL apparently.

Cheese hasn't clicked yet and injuries have tested their depth. The Butcher boys and Baker are plodders. Keary is still fragile. I think Robbo is getting stale as well.

Probably a fair bit of cash went in on them pre-season. Big money signing in the Cheese and their starting pack looked stacked (JWH, Lodge, Crichton, Radley and Tupouniua) alongside the rest of their 1.5m+ in contractual "goodwill" they get over the rest of the NRL apparently.

Cheese hasn't clicked yet and injuries have tested their depth. The Butcher boys and Baker are plodders. Keary is still fragile. I think Robbo is getting stale as well.

There has also been a general sense about Roosters ‘being due’ (especially in the media) after a few injury ravaged years. Have the team on paper to be first but they aren’t clearly ahead of the pack even with such a team.

Pre-season I would have got it, but we're 6 weeks in and after their performances I don't see. The conspiracy theorist makes me wonder what the bookies know that we don't, ie, they are on the verge of medically retiring Keary or Crichton and are about to pinch another club's star player with the cash.

I missed the beginning of 360.. does anyone know why Anasta isn't on tonight? Is it permanent? lol

Finucane 3 weeks, Niukore 2 weeks. Okunbor 1 week. All for hipdrops.

Finucane 3 weeks, Niukore 2 weeks. Okunbor 1 week. All for hipdrops.

just out of interest, how do they compare to Patty's from last year that earned him 4 weeks?

just out of interest, how do they compare to Patty's from last year that earned him 4 weeks?
I didn't see any of them but would be keen of the opinion of anyone who saw the incidents.

Thanks so much for the info @BroncsFan <3 .. NEVER THOUGHT I'D SAY THIS, BUT BRING BACK BRAITH! lol. Ginnane is a trainwreck 😆 😝
I hate Ginane in commentary... but I might hate this more... actually no this only lasts an hour and I can switch it off... Ginane commentary usually occurs during a broncos game 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Strop
  • john1420
  • Maroon4life
  • broncoscope
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • FACTHUNT
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • sooticus
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.