Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
In a shock to no one, Bellamy is coaching another year:

“I've done a 180-degree turnaround,”

“Things have got a bit testy over the past few weeks but I finally decided to coach on for another season in Melbourne.

“Eight weeks ago I was gone. Finished. But I've been speaking to a lot of blokes about retiring and I came to realise you are a long time retired.”

Wonder if we'll see a new boat in his driveway soon...or even if he has a new driveway at a new house to put the new boat in.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Well, I guess now he sees the refs are back on his side then he won't have a losing record this year so why not keep the streak going.

I was going to say the same thing. The NRL don't want Bellamy to retire as he's an ornament to what the storm have done (which is of course nothing good for the game).

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
If he ever wants to be in the same conversation as Wayne he needs to win without cam smith. (He actually needs to win at a different club imo), but just to be one of the great all time coaches needs to do it without the goat player.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If he ever wants to be in the same conversation as Wayne he needs to win without cam smith. (He actually needs to win at a different club imo), but just to be one of the great all time coaches needs to do it without the goat player.

I am not sure he can ever be in the greatest coaches of all time conversation really because of two reasons mainly:
1. He MASSIVELY benefitted from systematic cheating
2. He failed BADLY at origin level when both teams were on a more even playing level

There is no doubt he has an amazing ability over a very long time now to get the best out of his players, sometimes and more but the two factors above mean he can never really be up there with the likes of Bennett, who like him or hate him, has taken multiple clubs to premierships, including a very, very average Dragons side.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Not NRL related but Wakefield in the Super League at about the halfway stage in their comp currently has the worst attack in the history of the Super League.

They average 6.41 points per game through 12 rounds and have not won a single game.

This is HALF the worst attacking team in history from 1998 I think at 12ish.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Danny Weidler reporting Griffin is gone. Official announcement expected tomorrow.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Why do you think one club coaching is less of an achievement?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Has Wayne Bennett......??

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
In a shock to no one, Bellamy is coaching another year:

“I've done a 180-degree turnaround,”

“Things have got a bit testy over the past few weeks but I finally decided to coach on for another season in Melbourne.

“Eight weeks ago I was gone. Finished. But I've been speaking to a lot of blokes about retiring and I came to realise you are a long time retired.”

Wonder if we'll see a new boat in his driveway soon...or even if he has a new driveway at a new house to put the new boat in.

Let's see if that causes Ryles to make the mistake of taking the Dragons job

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
They're referring to Hook hooking Sullivan and not bringing him back on for the rest of the game after his sin bin, instead opting to move Mbye to hooker and Hunt back to halfback.
Especially when the sin bin wasn't even his fault.

There is no way that it was the plan from the start of the game either, because then he surely would have been on the bench like last week to come on later.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
They're referring to Hook hooking Sullivan and not bringing him back on for the rest of the game after his sin bin, instead opting to move Mbye to hooker and Hunt back to halfback.

Thanks. I guess you couldn't blame Griffin for screwing the team around like he's been.

I also generally don't watch neutral games if something else like the AFL is on.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Yep, was clear from watching him that he is a control freak. Probably blurred the lines between his job and home life by getting so worked up for a living.

What annoys me is that commentators turn this sort of thing into an appraisal, obviously not in the case of Paul Kent when you domestically abuse someone but in terms of NRL. For example, Josh Reynolds.. gets branded as having lots of passion after he gets sent off and kicks the shit out of a chair or gives it to a ref, etc.

That's not passion, that's having no self control.

It's like many things in life, it starts off as a little thing like kicking a chair and then turns into something which results in you doing time because these people never address the core of the issue.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Apparently 360 will be Anasta and Cronk. Looking forward to seeing how they deal with it, if at all. Can't wait to see someone call Cronk Kent by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • Johnny92
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Rowdy124
  • Fozz
  • davidp
  • Manofoneway
  • Jedhead
  • Old Mate
  • Justwin
  • Rambstien
  • Battler
  • Aldo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • Mr Fourex
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.