NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I guess you couldn't blame Griffin for screwing the team around like he's been.

I also generally don't watch neutral games if something else like the AFL is on.
Nobody in their right mind would willingly watch the Demons smash the Hawks. Life's too short.
What annoys me is that commentators turn this sort of thing into an appraisal, obviously not in the case of Paul Kent when you domestically abuse someone but in terms of NRL. For example, Josh Reynolds.. gets branded as having lots of passion after he gets sent off and kicks the shit out of a chair or gives it to a ref, etc.

That's not passion, that's having no self control.

It's like many things in life, it starts off as a little thing like kicking a chair and then turns into something which results in you doing time because these people never address the core of the issue.
Wasn't Josh Reynolds falsely accused and it turned out his ex was a massive con-artist? Unless there's some other incident, I'm struggling to see the connection.

Nobody in their right mind would willingly watch the Demons smash the Hawks. Life's too short.

Wasn't Josh Reynolds falsely accused and it turned out his ex was a massive con-artist? Unless there's some other incident, I'm struggling to see the connection.

I had a free Grill'd burger riding on that result! But seriously, you are right, the game was awful.

Apparently 360 will be Anasta and Cronk. Looking forward to seeing how they deal with it, if at all. Can't wait to see someone call Cronk Kent by accident.
The show is basically another ex-footy player podcast, but they wear suits.

Wasn't Josh Reynolds falsely accused and it turned out his ex was a massive con-artist? Unless there's some other incident, I'm struggling to see the connection
I don't think they were actually using JR as an example of a DV abuser, but rather as a poor role model who was held up for his passionate outbursts, but really was just a grub and should not be lionised for such outbursts. So, unrelated.

I agree that we should be more critical of violent outbursts and more aware of the fact that simply talking louder over someone and interrupting them doesn't make them right, and it isn't a virtue to aspire to. However, in Kent's case, he is often being portrayed as an authority (he even holds his 1 NRL game over people, e.g., says often "have you ever played NRL?" or the like), but he is simply a domineering blow-hard.

I would say that we really ought to review just who we are raising up as personalities in this sport. I am 100% for reformed characters and second chances, but we can definitely better control the interactions that are being broadcast. It might be a bit more boring, but it brings more benefits to the sport than a bunch of old men behaving poorly for all to see.

Also, Buzz being half drunk all the time on TV is just a bad look. 😅

I don't think they were actually using JR as an example of a DV abuser, but rather as a poor role model who was held up for his passionate outbursts, but really was just a grub and should not be lionised for such outbursts. So, unrelated.

I agree that we should be more critical of violent outbursts and more aware of the fact that simply talking louder over someone and interrupting them doesn't make them right, and it isn't a virtue to aspire to. However, in Kent's case, he is often being portrayed as an authority (he even holds his 1 NRL game over people, e.g., says often "have you ever played NRL?" or the like), but he is simply a domineering blow-hard.

I would say that we really ought to review just who we are raising up as personalities in this sport. I am 100% for reformed characters and second chances, but we can definitely better control the interactions that are being broadcast. It might be a bit more boring, but it brings more benefits to the sport than a bunch of old men behaving poorly for all to see.

NRL media is completely an Old boys club, thats why it's soo fuckin shit.

Apparently 360 will be Anasta and Cronk. Looking forward to seeing how they deal with it, if at all. Can't wait to see someone call Cronk Kent by accident.
Not sure they'll get enough headlines out of those two... is Anasta meant to be host and headline maker now??

They've also doubled up on the rorters conflict of interest, so expect nothing but glowing praise coming out about them, when in reality they should be in the firing line.

I thought Hooper would get the spot and then maybe bring Lara back for his Wednesday spot... but maybe they realised there's only so many "they're all at sea, they don't know whether they're Arthur or Marthur" that can be filled into one week of footy

Not sure they'll get enough headlines out of those two... is Anasta meant to be host and headline maker now??

They've also doubled up on the rorters conflict of interest, so expect nothing but glowing praise coming out about them, when in reality they should be in the firing line.

I thought Hooper would get the spot and then maybe bring Lara back for his Wednesday spot... but maybe they realised there's only so many "they're all at sea, they don't know whether they're Arthur or Marthur" that can be filled into one week of footy

My mail was wrong. Anasta and Gordie....the IQ of the panel right now.

I thought maybe....then I looked at the St George 2010 premiership team.

1. Darius Boyd, 2. Brett Morris, 3. Mark Gasnier, 4. Matt Cooper, 5. Jason Nightingale, 6. Jamie Soward, 7. Ben Hornby ©, 8. Neville Costigan, 9. Dean Young, 10. Michael Weyman, 11. Beau Scott, 12. Ben Creagh, 13. Jeremy Smith, 14. Nathan Fien, 15. Trent Merrin, 16. Matt Prior, 17. Jarrod Saffy. Coach Wayne Bennett.

Look no further than the no.1.

Darius

Wayne has always had the superstars of the game winning him premierships. 😉

It's the only reason I watch 360 if I'm honest. The amount of times that old toss just completely changes the subject by wedging in what he wants to talk about is pure gold.

I know it's a piss take, but **** I think it would be accurate

So basically, if a player gets injured - that's a hip drop - hello more diving - yay.

The video could've shown examples of what were NOT hip drops......

s'pose its only a short video.

No example of the player getting swinged like Haas did at Darwin and Carrigan against Melbourne, the only difference was Haas collected RCG at the end but what is the alternative option he could have taken outside just letting him go and score?

Could they have gotten someone not in witness protection to narrate the video?

So Griffin is sacked huh, Dragons a shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Kev_Guz
  • barker
  • Financeguy
  • Waynesaurus
  • johnny plath
  • Maddy
  • NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • ostin86
  • HarryAllan7
  • davidp
  • Broncs1459
  • mrslong
  • Yellowfella
  • Scdeac
  • winslow_wong
  • Gaz
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.