NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrigan also doesn't land on the legs of Hasting.

Specs Savers ?

In the what`s a hip drop video .
Patty`s right hip drops with force on Hastings right foot / ankle breaking it .

Specs Savers ?

In the what`s a hip drop video .
Patty`s right hip drops with force on Hastings right foot / ankle breaking it .
agree hard to argue a case for that one could use it for what a hip drop looks like to show the bunker so they dont **** it up

agree hard to argue a case for that one could use it for what a hip drop looks like to show the bunker so they dont **** it up
Yep, it was a bad one. Unlike the Haas/Mam hip drops this season which the NRL could hand out season long bans for and it still wouldn't change the frequency at which they occur because they are total accidents happening in a split second.

Heard on the radio this morning that today the Brisbane Tigers will be officially launching their bid to become the NRLs 18th team.

The issue is Redcliffe- they were so ready and organised now the NRL think a new team will be the same but you can't replicate their junior base, ground, all grades ready having a shopping cetre for income.

Easts would be close but it's going to be harder for anyone else.

With news of Bellamy going around again next year he's got the media sucking him off again and feels confident enough to have another whinge about the salary cap rorting and their deleted premierships:

"“The treatment we copped as a club and as individuals was to me, really unfair but it was what it was,” Bellamy said."

**** you, you absolute piece of shit. Your club was literally running two sets of books for years to systematically rort the cap and assemble an almost unbeatable roster of superstars in key positions. "Unfair"? What about every other club trying to play on a level playing field? How fucking dare you mention fairness you cuntwallop!!!

This is why Melbourne should be every other club's most hated. This is why it burns the **** out of me that we are the Storm's bitches and have been ever since that shitstain of a club rorted the **** out of the cap. Zero remorse, even over a decade later, from anyone involved. A complete and utter disregard for the rest of the competition, or the fans. It's all about them. **** I wish the NRL would treat them the way we get treated, they'd fold within the decade. Plastic club propped up by dubious techniques right the way through the club from top to bottom. Rotten to the fucking core.
Spot on, when you blatantly cheat and get caught, there is at least a little bit of respect to be gained from admitting it, apologizing, and moving on.
But these self entitled pricks still lay claim to the premierships and claim they were hard done by.
I have zero understanding how anybody could have been a league fan throughout those years and not have the Storm as the most hated team now and forever.

The issue is Redcliffe- they were so ready and organised now the NRL think a new team will be the same but you can't replicate their junior base, ground, all grades ready having a shopping cetre for income.

Easts would be close but it's going to be harder for anyone else.
It proves how disorganised the Titans entry was and should have used a similar model with an existing Qcup team etc.

I think the answer for a new team not in the east coast is to use either a relocated team with an existing structure like North sydney or similar etc or make a 2nd tier team asap for a join date a few years after so there is something to build off(this would be the best solution for a 2nd NZ team imo).

It's also possible that St George splits from Illawarra in the near future as there is alot of talk about it already and I can't see the NRL being okay not having a team in Wollongong.

What's the plan for Brisbane and the surrounding areas long term? Are we just going to go the Sydney route and cram in teams for the sake of?

I don't really care if they bring in another Brisbane team but I'm wondering what the end goal is. Or is just teams = more money

What's the plan for Brisbane and the surrounding areas long term? Are we just going to go the Sydney route and cram in teams for the sake of?

I don't really care if they bring in another Brisbane team but I'm wondering what the end goal is. Or is just teams = more money
We will know if the NRL accepts them, as of right now it's just a bid, they also competed for a bid last time.

We will know if the NRL accepts them, as of right now it's just a bid, they also competed for a bid last time.
Yeah I know this is just the club saying they're bidding rather than the NRL, but my comment does parlay into expansion in general - is there a long term plan or are they just going yeah show us the money and we'll have a think.

Like in 20 years, what does the NRL look like? Do we have representation on the western seaboard? The pasifikas (apart from NZ1)? Does Sydney still have 8/9 teams?

Yeah I know this is just the club saying they're bidding rather than the NRL, but my comment does parlay into expansion in general - is there a long term plan or are they just going yeah show us the money and we'll have a think.

Like in 20 years, what does the NRL look like? Do we have representation on the western seaboard? The pasifikas (apart from NZ1)? Does Sydney still have 8/9 teams?
All we know is there has been talk of a 20 team competition, if that is to happen we at the bare minimum need a team in Perth by that stage and ideally a second NZ team.

I don't think Sydney having soo many teams will be an issue if we do become a 20 team comp and it's sustainable.

I think the thing that might change that is how the Dolphins effected the ecosystem, people suspected it would result in them taking fans away from Broncos, but the numbers suggest it's new fans or fans based in Brisbane who followed clubs other than Broncos, the crowd attendances and TV numbers basically prove it.

All we know is there has been talk of a 20 team competition, if that is to happen we at the bare minimum need a team in Perth by that stage and ideally a second NZ team.

I don't think Sydney having soo many teams will be an issue if we do become a 20 team comp and it's sustainable.
I suspect long term they'll look at the conferences. 22 teams, 11 a conference, play each other twice. So that's another 5 sides, nz2 and perth, who takes the other 3? central coast? central qld? sa?

I suspect long term they'll look at the conferences. 22 teams, 11 a conference, play each other twice. So that's another 5 sides, nz2 and perth, who takes the other 3? central coast? central qld? sa?
I don't think we will have over 20 teams, atleast in the next 25 years.

Hooper reporting that the Roosters have terminated Ryles contract from the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Evander
  • Justwin
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Dazza 92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bongo
  • Lozza
  • Fitzy
  • ostin86
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.