NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He must have been told he has the job and if not that is just salty from the Rorters, you can't be angry at a coach wanting to take a NRL gig.

Their last 2 Assistants before him are coaching an NRL team right now.

He must have been told he has the job and if not that is just salty from the Rorters, you can't be angry at a coach wanting to take a NRL gig.

Their last 2 Assistants before him are coaching an NRL team right now.
think tallis said it best you want your assistant coaches to be challenging for a head coaching gig its the sign of a good system

I think paps just leaked a Netflicks/stan doco on Bellamy for this year, team are ***** but would be interesting to watch still.

Dumb question potentially but why are byes worth 2 competition points?

Why not 1 or 0? Or just give everyone their bye points at the start of the season? Why do it in a way that impacts the table all season?

Dumb question potentially but why are byes worth 2 competition points?

Why not 1 or 0? Or just give everyone their bye points at the start of the season? Why do it in a way that impacts the table all season?
It wouldn't make a difference. If they were worth 0 the team on the bye would fall behind on bye weeks. If everyone got 6 points up front the same applies as the situation now, just with an early +6.

I don't think there's a better way to do it but I haven't given it much thought either.

Hooper reporting that the Roosters have terminated Ryles contract from the end of the season
I was always under the impression that if an assistant coach got the opportunity for a head coach position, he was allowed to leave almost immediately no problems?

I was always under the impression that if an assistant coach got the opportunity for a head coach position, he was allowed to leave almost immediately no problems?
That's pretty much the case all the time... Panthers lost both their assistants last year.

For some reason the media are kicking up a stink because it's rorters.

If rorters are trying to block the move then that's where the story is... why would an assistant with aspirations of being a head coach go to a club that might block him from progressing.

Maybe it's the influence of former rorters players and affiliates being all over the two major media stakeholders... Anasta, Cronk, Gould, Fletcher, etc.

The inability of NRL media to be impartial is ridiculous

That's pretty much the case all the time... Panthers lost both their assistants last year.

For some reason the media are kicking up a stink because it's rorters.

If rorters are trying to block the move then that's where the story is... why would an assistant with aspirations of being a head coach go to a club that might block him from progressing.

Maybe it's the influence of former rorters players and affiliates being all over the two major media stakeholders... Anasta, Cronk, Gould, Fletcher, etc.

The inability of NRL media to be impartial is ridiculous
cleary going to the riff from the tigers was a similar situation to the rooters,tigers got compo to release him i think the rooters should too

cleary going to the riff from the tigers was a similar situation to the rooters,tigers got compo to release him i think the rooters should too
That was head coach though... head coaches don't typically change teams like that.

I don't recall Souths getting compo when we stole Seibold from them

That was head coach though... head coaches don't typically change teams like that.

I don't recall Souths getting compo when we stole Seibold from them
think it was a straight coach swap right?

But Cleary was head coach at Tigers?
id imagine a contract is a contract they could just say no we will keep you for next year too,nothing wrong in wanting to get something back on your investment

most clubs wait until their assistant gets a head coach job then wish them all the best and allow the to leave.

in the Roosters case they don't care if he even gets the Dragons job. Ryles is gone regardless.

and the Roosters acting so soon is not a good thing for Ryles. it puts him in a weaker position when negotiating with the Dragons, especially given the big demands Ryles has been reportedly making to the Dragons.

if negotiations fall through Ryles will be unemployed

most clubs wait until their assistant gets a head coach job then wish them all the best and allow the to leave.

in the Roosters case they don't care if he even gets the Dragons job. Ryles is gone regardless.

and the Roosters acting so soon is not a good thing for Ryles. it puts him in a weaker position when negotiating with the Dragons, especially given the big demands Ryles has been reportedly making to the Dragons.

Thanks Foordy :)

The Roosters would need a good reason to terminate him .. or he could sue them?

He'll be unemployed for about 5 seconds... a team would be straight on the phone to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.