NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FUN FACT: Ankle Taps are actually illegal under the NRL rules they are considered a "dangerous tackle" lol.
I knew the AFL saw them that way, but they are often lauded in the NRL. Will they ever call them up?

FUN FACT: Ankle Taps are actually illegal under the NRL rules they are considered a "dangerous tackle" lol.
when did this happen?

This is insanity.

when did this happen?

This is insanity.

no idea .. but here it is from the rulebook

Screenshot 2023 08 25 220944

This is the stupidest shit I think I have ever seen, to take away a last line of defence away from the playbook that has had no noticeable big injury risk is just pure bullshit.

The big question is ... has this rule ever actually been enforced? I've been watching rugby league since the late 80's and i can't every remember seeing a player pinged for an ankle tap

The big question is ... has this rule ever actually been enforced? I've been watching rugby league since the late 80's and i can't every remember seeing a player pinged for an ankle tap
has the rule been there the whole time?

maybe it's the case of too many rules they haven't actually looked into what shit they have banned lol.,

Anthony Mundine is at again......busily talking out of his arse.

Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker have earned the right to have a bigger say at South Sydney, says NRL great and former boxing world champion Anthony Mundine.

Amid the unrest that has engulfed the Redfern-based club, which has seen the Rabbitohs in danger of missing the finals, assistant coach Sam Burgess left this week as speculation around the club and it's reported preferential treatment of Mitchell and Walker made headlines.

Speaking to The Sydney Morning Herald, Mundine said the reason there's been such a fuss over Indigenous stars Mitchell and Walker, is due to "the system not handling two black fellas being the best at what they do".

He is the single reason why the indigenous people of this land are talked down in this nation

Still waiting for Mundine to respond to the allegations made over a decade ago by the CM, where they stated that the Government gave Mundine millions and millions of dollars to benefit a particular community that he had some sort of association with. He set up an administration, or council to distribute the funds where they saw fit and necessary.

But we didn't get to the distribution point, Anthony, did we?

According to the CM .. the council was made up of 13 of Mundine's family and friends. After that council was formed, there was no money left for the community .. because all of it went towards wages and costs for the relo's. Right Anthony?

Disgraceful really feels like an understatement to be honest.

STFU and GTFO Anthony.

Why?

How is an ankle tap dangerous?
They’re banned in touch footy. I have 2 mates who have both shattered their collar bones being ankle tapped in a touch game (separate incidents). They both literally cartwheeled a couple of times down the field. Spectacularly dangerous.

They’re banned in touch footy. I have 2 mates who have both shattered their collar bones being ankle tapped in a touch game (separate incidents). They both literally cartwheeled a couple of times down the field. Spectacularly dangerous.

Fair enough....I can see the possibility of shoulder injuries.

..and understandable in touch. I know there's rules about what constitutes a "touch".

Haven't you gotta grab a "tag/towel" or somethin' these days in touch (?)

Still waiting for Mundine to respond to the allegations made over a decade ago by the CM, where they stated that the Government gave Mundine millions and millions of dollars to benefit a particular community that he had some sort of association with. He set up an administration, or council to distribute the funds where they saw fit and necessary.

But we didn't get to the distribution point, Anthony, did we?

According to the CM .. the council was made up of 13 of Mundine's family and friends. After that council was formed, there was no money left for the community .. because all of it went towards wages and costs for the relo's. Right Anthony?

Disgraceful really feels like an understatement to be honest.

STFU and GTFO Anthony.
Where is this article? Can't find it. How many years ago? Wasn't Warren Mundine?

Speaking to The Sydney Morning Herald, Mundine said the reason there's been such a fuss over Indigenous stars Mitchell and Walker, is due to "the system not handling two black fellas being the best at what they do".

Did Thurston ever have these issues? He was legitimately the best at what he did, unlike Walker and Latrell, and I don't recall the 'system not handling' him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  • sooticus
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.