NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clive Churchill's son, Rod, has apologised for his criticism of Latrell Mitchell and offered to stand down from presenting his father's medal at the GF

As mentioned in another thread the Dolphins are specials this week. I doubt you see any of the Warriors better players. Going to be resting alot. Harris already out injured. Bad back.

Clive Churchill's son, Rod, has apologised for his criticism of Latrell Mitchell and offered to stand down from presenting his father's medal at the GF

I thought it was only some of the South's players who were peeved at Rod? Since Souths won't be anywhere near the GF.....why should he stand down?

Did Thurston ever have these issues? He was legitimately the best at what he did, unlike Walker and Latrell, and I don't recall the 'system not handling' him.
Weren't there reports surrounding JT and his falling out with Graham Murray & Neil Henry? I don't think anything was ever officially confirmed or denied but JT's off field behaviour had it's own rumour mill going. Especially in 2006 when the Cowboys suffered a stunning mid-season collapse.

Weren't there reports surrounding JT and his falling out with Graham Murray & Neil Henry? I don't think anything was ever officially confirmed or denied but JT's off field behaviour had it's own rumour mill going. Especially in 2006 when the Cowboys suffered a stunning mid-season collapse.
Yeah I'm pretty certain JT had a minder when he went out... got upto some shit.

Oh I'm certain JT had a minder, and got up to some shit that should not be tolerated in a team sport, and it came straight from Murray's mouth face-to-face. But JT was never an egotistical piece of shit that cycled between lazy indifference to his role on the field, to his main involvement being cheap shots to people's heads. And that's what people are conflating here, it's not personal insults being thrown at him (not publicly anyway, I'm calling him an egotistical piece of shit privately), but criticism of his performance on the field and during training.

Oh I'm certain JT had a minder, and got up to some shit that should not be tolerated in a team sport, and it came straight from Murray's mouth face-to-face. But JT was never an egotistical piece of shit that cycled between lazy indifference to his role on the field, to his main involvement being cheap shots to people's heads. And that's what people are conflating here, it's not personal insults being thrown at him (not publicly anyway, I'm calling him an egotistical piece of shit privately), but criticism of his performance on the field and during training.
All of this I agree with to an extent but the bloke has copped it personally aswell for things not just his doing. The NRLs ad campaign where he was fucking hammered while the nrl hid behind their desks. That was a disgrace. Copped racism a number of times. The whole anthem thing. There is alot of pressure. JT didn't really start to get his act together until about latrells age now. This might not be popular but imo there is still people in this country that let's say don't warm to black men with outspoken views.

Screenshot 2023 08 28 151941

I had to check his actual twitter because surely thats trolling?

Jai needs to either learn how to train his dogs, or rethink what breed he goes for.

Souths pulling out all the trick cards. Basketball and now bring your dog to training. Got to try and lighten the joint somehow I guess. It's pretty funny. Not the whole dog getting mauled part. Prayers up for the cavoodle. Thought he was more of chihuahua man myself

Jai needs to either learn how to train his dogs, or rethink what breed he goes for.

I'm willing to bet he doesn't do any training with the dogs whatsoever, just buys them because of how scary they look like most of the idiots that buy those types of dogs.

Gotta train them.

Want to make a bet his dogs arent treated well and projects its anger onto other things. Bit of a pattern I reckon

surprised you are even allowed a dog after one of yours kills another

Souths pulling out all the trick cards. Basketball and now bring your dog to training. Got to try and lighten the joint somehow I guess. It's pretty funny. Not the whole dog getting mauled part. Prayers up for the cavoodle. Thought he was more of chihuahua man myself
He’s not an innovative coach until he starts cranking the music at training - its a proven Harvard method.

I imagine your joint is the same to be fair. Your coach does not seem like he has much of a sense of humour and the players all seem so serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • Yellowfella
  • Santa
  • Browny
  • Scorchie
  • Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • mrtij
  • Scdeac
  • Foordy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.