NRL Injury Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
TMM also gone for 8 weeks and Doueihi gone for the season confirmed.

TMM also gone for 8 weeks and Doueihi gone for the season confirmed.
Doueihi done a partial tear of the ACL... has it since been confirmed that he's done for the year??

JT is gone for 4 to 6 weeks. Cows season is all but done.
I just can't see them turning this start around.
Ah well, there's always next year .

Meanwhile, after not getting salary cap dispensation, Angus Crichton has made a miraculous and 'unexpected' recovery to be available this weekend but most likely through second grade.

Dunno about miraculous recovery ?
I read on Fox NRL he is diagnosed with bi polar disorder .

Doueihi is out for 12 - 16 months apparently, needing "revision" ACL surgery. Is that the poor bloke done?

Doueihi is out for 12 - 16 months apparently, needing "revision" ACL surgery. Is that the poor bloke done?
That's about the longest time frame I've seen for an ACL. Ouch, poor fella. Lucky he's signed for next year so he'll have a few games to prove himself for a new contract.

All the Roosters players are bi polar. They all have two personalities, costing $1,000,000 or costing $100,000.

Didn't you hear? They don't want a million dollars as there is too much pressure and salary sacrifice in the presence of anyone who is bilingual.

JT is gone for 4 to 6 weeks. Cows season is all but done.
I just can't see them turning this start around.
Ah well, there's always next year .
They just can't take a trick and really goes to show how a team's fortunes rest on a knife's edge. I don't think they're playing that much worse than last year, they just don't have the depth to cover their injuries and when they get a player back they tend to lose another.

Nobody is playing their best footy at the moment, which is a stark contrast to last year where Chad Townsend had taken his game to new heights.

The top four is certainly looking dicey right now. I still think they can pull a Roosters/Rabbits circa 2022 and get it right in the back end of the season. If they can unearth a couple of players they should be able to bounce back in 2024.

They just can't take a trick and really goes to show how a team's fortunes rest on a knife's edge. I don't think they're playing that much worse than last year, they just don't have the depth to cover their injuries and when they get a player back they tend to lose another.

Nobody is playing their best footy at the moment, which is a stark contrast to last year where Chad Townsend had taken his game to new heights.

The top four is certainly looking dicey right now. I still think they can pull a Roosters/Rabbits circa 2022 and get it right in the back end of the season. If they can unearth a couple of players they should be able to bounce back in 2024.

Where are your thoughts on Drinkwater v Chester? For me, I’ve been saying it for some time that I just don’t rate Drinkwater as much as others but there is no doubt he was great for them last year. They just look serious X factor in their spine.

They're really missing Leilua and a few players are down on form.
Cotter has been awful along with Chad compared with last year.
Throw in a few suspensions/injuries and it's all combined to interrupt their season.

Where are your thoughts on Drinkwater v Chester? For me, I’ve been saying it for some time that I just don’t rate Drinkwater as much as others but there is no doubt he was great for them last year. They just look serious X factor in their spine.
I'd persist with Drinkwater. Like you I didn't rate him as highly as others did but there's no denying he was one of the best players in 2022. He's made a slow start where he's taken some bad options but he's only two games back from suspension.

I don't mind Chester, has plenty of ticker and is always looking to get his hands on the footy. If he can develop his game he could be a really good fullback/five-eighth.

Their biggest issue right now is injuries/suspensions. No Leilua, Luki, Neame, Tamou and they've been without McLean, Cotter, Nanai etc. as well. Factor in that Taumalolo has been playing with a busted ankle for weeks and held off surgery because they were desperate and it makes sense.

They're just missing that roll on through the middle. It means their playmakers have less time, the backs have less space and they're all missing tackles they'd normally make.

I'd persist with Drinkwater. Like you I didn't rate him as highly as others did but there's no denying he was one of the best players in 2022. He's made a slow start where he's taken some bad options but he's only two games back from suspension.

I don't mind Chester, has plenty of ticker and is always looking to get his hands on the footy. If he can develop his game he could be a really good fullback/five-eighth.

Their biggest issue right now is injuries/suspensions. No Leilua, Luki, Neame, Tamou and they've been without McLean, Cotter, Nanai etc. as well. Factor in that Taumalolo has been playing with a busted ankle for weeks and held off surgery because they were desperate and it makes sense.

They're just missing that roll on through the middle. It means their playmakers have less time, the backs have less space and they're all missing tackles they'd normally make.
And honestly, it's fucking glorious. I have had no love for the Cows since 2015. And not just that loss, but the arrogance of not a small portion of their fan base against the Broncos ever since. Insufferable.

Drinkwater is basically what TMM was for us.

He'd be a better 5/8 but the team needs a fullback and he does a serviceable job.

Big news for Melbourne (if he comes back at his best)

Big news for Melbourne (if he comes back at his best)

Think again.
RDT 20230607 1801105033352131657044570

I personally think a shattered knee is not something you can came back from especially one who uses their running as a crucial part of their game, If he was to come back at a high level it would honestly be a miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.