NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine a left side combo of Milf, Roberts, and Koribete. I don't know about defence but golly they would be a nightmare to defend.

We might actually score some tries from bombs!

On the Matty Johns show they were talking about James Maloney looking at offers from other clubs despite having a year left on his contract at Cronulla. What interested me was that Maloney is reportedly only on $600 000 at Cronulla.

Good on the Sharks for scoring themselves a bargain...but geez for all the fans and media personalities who act like wannabe accountants how has that contract not triggered any scrutiny? Especially in a post-DCE era.

On the Matty Johns show they were talking about James Maloney looking at offers from other clubs despite having a year left on his contract at Cronulla. What interested me was that Maloney is reportedly only on $600 000 at Cronulla.

Good on the Sharks for scoring themselves a bargain...but geez for all the fans and media personalities who act like wannabe accountants how has that contract not triggered any scrutiny? Especially in a post-DCE era.

When did he sign it though? It was a different environment even 2 years ago. Hunt re-signed at his peak with us at $550k IIRC. And Maloney's premiership was part of the SBW circle-jerk so he wasn't as recognised as he is now.

When did he sign it though? It was a different environment even 2 years ago. Hunt re-signed at his peak with us at $550k IIRC. And Maloney's premiership was part of the SBW circle-jerk so he wasn't as recognised as he is now.

This. The Sharks got a good deal because they paid him his worth. Other dumb clubs over paying for players who might one day be something is wrecking the market.

Hunt re-signed in the 2014/15 off-season after only one good season where the side barely scrapped into 8th and didn't put himself on the market.

Maloney put himself on the market after his stints with the Warriors and Sydney and supposedly the most he could claim was a $100 000 pay-rise? The deal was finalised in June, in a post Foran & DCE climate.

A great bargain, it's just amazing how it's avoided scrutiny.

Hunt re-signed in the 2014/15 off-season after only one good season where the side barely scrapped into 8th and didn't put himself on the market.

Maloney put himself on the market after his stints with the Warriors and Sydney and supposedly the most he could claim was a $100 000 pay-rise? The deal was finalised in June, in a post Foran & DCE climate.

A great bargain, it's just amazing how it's avoided scrutiny.

My mistake, it was actually $400k, but it was just after he came 5th in Dally-M's and was like I said, at the top of his game. Remembering he did it all with Hoffman and Barba next to him in the halves.

It was only half way through the next season that Maloney signed with the Sharks.

My mistake, it was actually $400k, but it was just after he came 5th in Dally-M's and was like I said, at the top of his game. Remembering he did it all with Hoffman and Barba next to him in the halves.

It was only half way through the next season that Maloney signed with the Sharks.

Yeah, I've touched on most of that. The only point that Hunt has over Maloney is that he played for the Kangaroos. However, he wasn't selected for the Kangaroos squad until after he had signed on with Brisbane.

Hunt's achievements at that time weren't comparable to Maloney. Maloney was on a whole other plain, leading his club to three successful seasons, getting the Warriors to a grand final and playing Origin. He was on $500 000 when he signed with Sydney in 2012, in the 3 and a half years it took to sign with Cronulla, his worth only increased by a $100 000? Especially after winning a premiership, leading his side to a minor premiership, playing Origin and so on? And again, Hunt didn't test himself on the open market like Maloney did.

And this all came after Foran signed a $1.2 million dollar per year contract with Parra and DCE had signed a $1 million per year deal with the Gold Coast.

Up Up Cronulla but did Beavis really get the best deal for his client? Is Maloney half the player of Foran?

So you're saying the money should have gone up across the board, just because a couple of clubs are incompetent with their cap spending?

Last edited by a moderator:
So you're saying the money should have gone up across the board, just because a couple of clubs are incompetent with their cap spending?

Two Things...

1. Maloney was worth a lot more than the $600 000 he signed in 2015.

2. The market in 2015 wasn't radically different and I gave examples. I'm sure there's more, Milford was apparently on $900 000 according to the Daily Telegraph.

Two Things...

1. Maloney was worth a lot more than the $600 000 he signed in 2015.

2. The market in 2015 wasn't radically different and I gave examples. I'm sure there's more, Milford was apparently on $900 000 according to the Daily Telegraph.

1. According to rumours and media speculation, yes.

2. The examples you've given are not exactly glowing endorsements of the idiotic clubs who threw that money at them. Do you honestly think the players mentioned were worth what these idiotic clubs tabled them?

1. According to rumours and media speculation, yes.

2. The examples you've given are not exactly glowing endorsements of the idiotic clubs who threw that money at them. Do you honestly think the players mentioned were worth what these idiotic clubs tabled them?

That was the state of the market at the time. It wasn't as if I just plucked those abnormal contracts and misrepresented the situation. A lot of clubs were throwing large sums of cash around, the only reason I focused on Cherry-Evans and Foran specifically is because they were the latest deals at the time and they played the role Maloney did.

The answer here is pretty obvious why this wasn't reported, so I'll leave it with two points.

Up Up Cronulla

History Happens

That was the state of the market at the time. It wasn't as if I just plucked those abnormal contracts and misrepresented the situation. A lot of clubs were throwing large sums of cash around, the only reason I focused on Cherry-Evans and Foran specifically is because they were the latest deals at the time and they played the role Maloney did.

The answer here is pretty obvious why this wasn't reported, so I'll leave it with two points.

Up Up Cronulla

History Happens

I think it's a tin foil hat situation. He was offered a fair contract, the others were just thrown massive figures.

Up Up Cronulla

Let's make history.

Fixed it.

Hard to blame them, Lolohea has been stinking it up in the spine since he got there, I'd say he's more of a centre at this stage in his career.

1. Watson
2. Nofoaluma
3. Lolohea
4. Suli
5. Fonua / Thompson / Milne / Watene-Zelezniak
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks

Strange.

Lolohea was told he would be playing 6 this year and shifted to fullback in 2018. That's the reason why he signed with the Tigers.

We'll see how this pans out..

SKD to the Knights is official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • NSW stables
  • bert_lifts
  • Financeguy
  • Skathen
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hurrijo
  • Rookie Alan
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.