NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
This can’t be true, everyone was telling me Welch was a $800k player

well maybe the offered him unlimited fuel for his boat ... with the current price of fuel, that could make up the difference

Well you've answered how much the second contract is worth then.

Seriously though, Welch for 600k or Haas for $1 million+? - man, wish our guys were happy to stay for way unders. How do Melbourne do it hmmm?
Haas on 900k comfortably over Welch on 600k. They'd be perfect front row partners though.

I agree ... IMO, you can count the number of front rowers in the comp worth 800k a season on one hand
Yeah Payne Haas is one of them. Wouldn’t pay him anything higher than that. Just think how highly rated Klemmer, Tamau, Woods, Taumalolo all were at one stage than imagine being stuck with them now at $1m a season and years left on their deal.

This can’t be true, everyone was telling me Welch was a $800k player

I think its more he is taking a bit less for a longer deal. At 27, When you think he has had a bad ACL injury and multiple concussions which could affect him in the future its a no brainer for him.

Dolphins are set to miss out on all of the targets reported in the media.

It brings into question Wayne's pulling power. Where is it?

Dolphins are set to miss out on all of the targets reported in the media.

It brings into question Wayne's pulling power. Where is it?

How do you know they were actually targets? Apart from Smith and Carrigan, i cant see who else they have actually had talks with.

Hearing Tino to the Dolphins for five years.

At this rate Bennett will be bringing boyd and Glenn outta retirement

I think the Dolphins are being more than realistic by not entering in bidding wars for some of these players even though a top line player would help them. The market is much better in 2024 ( which is when i've always maintained is when they will be more competitive )

I think the Dolphins are being more than realistic by not entering in bidding wars for some of these players even though a top line player would help them. The market is much better in 2024 ( which is when i've always maintained is when they will be more competitive )
Would there not be a similar problem then though? I get that this year managers can play them pretty hard for overs due to their full cap currently, but, if they have a really poor first year because they've got nobody, aren't they stuck in the same position as every other struggling club having to overpay to lure players?

Would there not be a similar problem then though? I get that this year managers can play them pretty hard for overs due to their full cap currently, but, if they have a really poor first year because they've got nobody, aren't they stuck in the same position as every other struggling club having to overpay to lure players?

Yep and this is where your club's decision with Fifita actually made sense. It was WAY overs but they needed to land a big fish. As a result, they became a more attractive proposition to other players, especially youngsters. This was playing the long game even though it leads to short-term pain. The Dolphins NEED to land a big name and they will inevitable NEED to overpay to get whoever it is. They need to be aggressive, find a Ponga / Munster and make them an offer they can't refuse. This will get the ball rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.