NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pryce is such a good player, but i dont think he is going to give himself the best chance of success going to Newcastle.
I completely forgot they signed Pryce - they actually do have a decent back up fullback option after all

DT reporting that the Sharks have reluctantly agreed to release Miller.

He is likely to sign with the Knights on a 3 year deal.

Why the **** do you move Ponga?????? If the halves suck, get a proper half, Ponga is elite at fullback. Also, the amount of time Ponga is injured, it's less disruption to be swapping fullbacks as it is halves. Halves are the key to cohesion, that goes out the door when you chop & change.

This "he's a fullback but can pass the ball = throw them at #6" is just so silly. Lockyer, yes. Munster works (but is still a better fullback IMO). How many others tried & failed? That there is my warning for the Broncos & Walsh. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.

Even when Munster did make the transition to 5/8, Smith, Cronk, Slater and Bellamy tweaked their attacking structure so that he wasn't playing a traditional 5/8 role and playing more like a fullback. It helped him make the transition.

Knights are just throwing Ponga at 6 and wishing him the best of luck. They tried it before, it didn't work. I don't see how this time is going to be any different.

DT reporting that the Sharks have reluctantly agreed to release Miller.

He is likely to sign with the Knights on a 3 year deal.

Good another promising player O’Brien can screw up.

Stephen Crichton heading to the Bulldogs in 2024.

Confirmed he's leaving Panthers at the end of the season. Not yet confirmed he's going to the Bulldogs, but it will be soon enough.

Even when Munster did make the transition to 5/8, Smith, Cronk, Slater and Bellamy tweaked their attacking structure so that he wasn't playing a traditional 5/8 role and playing more like a fullback. It helped him make the transition.

Knights are just throwing Ponga at 6 and wishing him the best of luck. They tried it before, it didn't work. I don't see how this time is going to be any different.

Ironically O'Brien devised that strategy.

Would you have him over Staggs?

No.

He wants to play fullback anyway.

Staggs on his day is the most dangerous centre in the game ... we just need his day to come more consistently.

Last year was an off year from him, I wouldn't be giving up on him just yet, Especially as IIRC, he spent most of the previous year out with knee injuries.

Why the **** do you move Ponga?????? If the halves suck, get a proper half, Ponga is elite at fullback. Also, the amount of time Ponga is injured, it's less disruption to be swapping fullbacks as it is halves. Halves are the key to cohesion, that goes out the door when you chop & change.

This "he's a fullback but can pass the ball = throw them at #6" is just so silly. Lockyer, yes. Munster works (but is still a better fullback IMO). How many others tried & failed? That there is my warning for the Broncos & Walsh. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.
I guess its about taking the best player you have (when you don't have an alternative)....and trying to find a way to get him more time with the ball in his hands.

No.

He wants to play fullback anyway.

Staggs on his day is the most dangerous centre in the game ... we just need his day to come more consistently.

Last year was an off year from him, I wouldn't be giving up on him just yet, Especially as IIRC, he spent most of the previous year out with knee injuries.

More dangerous than Manu?

Would you have him over Staggs?

At the moment, I would keep Staggs.

If we can get him performing well consistently, we'll have a damaging right edge. That whole mess with the NSW side seemed to shake him a bit, but I think he'll be fine.

If at the end of the season it's the same old story with him, I would be looking elsewhere.

Stephen Crichton --> Canterbury till 2027.

Spencer Leniu is tipped to follow him and the Dogs are in discussions with Mitchell Moses.

Moses has reportedly been offered $1.5 million to return to the Tigers.

With the cap increases, it's going to take awhile for these higher values to be normalised.

Stephen Crichton --> Canterbury till 2027.

Spencer Leniu is tipped to follow him and the Dogs are in discussions with Mitchell Moses.

Moses has reportedly been offered $1.5 million to return to the Tigers.

With the cap increases, it's going to take awhile for these higher values to be normalised.

It does make you wonder though, how do the Dogs afford him? Moses that is. I know Crichton has been tipped to go there for a while and I guess you factor in them discarding TPJ, it can be made to work but they also have signed Mahoney, Kikau, Burton and now Crichton on top of poaching a number of kids from elsewhere.

I'm happy to see the Dogs on the up though, it is good for the NRL.

The Bulldogs have reportedly pulled out of the race to sign Mitchell Moses after signing Karl Oloapu

The Dragons have pulled out of their bid to bring Croft back to the NRL, because Salford have placed a 250k transfer fee on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • Broncorob
  • kiwibronco
  • Fatboy
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.