NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell Moses is reportedly "set to" Reject a $5.2 million, 4 year deal with the Tigers.

He'll instead sign a new long term deal with the Eels worth $1.25 million per year
To be honest, that’s disappointing. Speaking purely as a footy fan, it would be awesome to have Brookes, Teddy, and Moses back at the tigers for one last stint.

Mitchell Moses is reportedly "set to" Reject a $5.2 million, 4 year deal with the Tigers.

He'll instead sign a new long term deal with the Eels worth $1.25 million per year

So he’s ‘sacrificing’ 50k a season? At that salary, it’s not a huge sacrifice. If Tigers want him, they can’t be afraid to up that considerably because that’s the climate we live in now.

While the Roosters are exploiting the system, the other side of the coin is that there are some poorly run clubs like in the NRL.

Ideally it would have been great if the Tigers had kept Tedesco & Moses but the club only has themselves to blame. I can't blame the players for wanting to make the most of their careers and they 100% made the right call.

I just wonder what kind of player Kalyn Ponga would be if he went to the Roosters instead of the Knights. What kind of player would Fifita be if he went to Melbourne instead of the Titans? etc.

Unfortunately you can't save clubs for themselves. There's only so many Gus Goulds who can fly down on their umbrellas and rescue a club.

Rothfield reporting that the Knights and Roosters are in talks regarding an early release for Dom Young (to play in round 1 vs the Phins)

The Knights have asked for a forward in exchange for Young. They were keen on either Nat or Egan Butcher, but the Roosters have rejected that offer. There is "talk" that the Rorters will offer a transfer fee instead

Fox Sports is reporting that the Knights 500k per season offer for Dom Young was the lowest of the 4.

While the Roosters are exploiting the system, the other side of the coin is that there are some poorly run clubs like in the NRL.

Ideally it would have been great if the Tigers had kept Tedesco & Moses but the club only has themselves to blame. I can't blame the players for wanting to make the most of their careers and they 100% made the right call.

I just wonder what kind of player Kalyn Ponga would be if he went to the Roosters instead of the Knights. What kind of player would Fifita be if he went to Melbourne instead of the Titans? etc.

Unfortunately you can't save clubs for themselves. There's only so many Gus Goulds who can fly down on their umbrellas and rescue a club.

100% this.

I will tell you now, Sam Walker won't go to any poorly run poorly coached club- his advice is always less money at the Roosters and coached well is better than money at a rubbish club.

They just don't care about money they care about coaching. Recruiting Walker will always be hard because his family know too much. You can't put anything over them like you could if dad was someone else.

I'm not surprised that players are flocking to the better clubs but Roosters are on another level. There are more successful clubs around that are struggling to keep players together. Roosters on the other hand are keeping their players whilst recruiting established stars and up and comers. Oh and Lodge is on a train and trial.

I'm not surprised that players are flocking to the better clubs but Roosters are on another level. There are more successful clubs around that are struggling to keep players together. Roosters on the other hand are keeping their players whilst recruiting established stars and up and comers. Oh and Lodge is on a train and trial.

Lodge isn't on a train and trial.

Smith, Watson, Allen, Tupou, Hutchinson, Butcher, Baker, Turpin, JWH, Paulo, Suaallii, Tapuha and Radley are all in the last year of their contracts.

13/30 is a pretty big chunk.

So signing a winger for 24 is pretty safe.

Smith, Watson, Allen, Tupou, Hutchinson, Butcher, Baker, Turpin, JWH, Paulo, Suaallii, Tapuha and Radley are all in the last year of their contracts.

So if Lodge is top 30 that should come with a significant pay rise right?

The only reason the storm have that status is because they're still reaping the rewards of cheating. Deadset, the best long term plan for success in the nrl these days is to blatantly cheat the cap to assemble a core of players like the storm did, which then builds a culture of success, and deal with the consequences later. The rorters are probably doing the same thing at a more advanced level (they're likely doing it 'legally' via help from insanely wealthy superfans or doing it in a way where they haven't/ won't be caught).

How many of those guys are on big contracts? This is the issue with the Roosters, they lose no names and replace them with established stars / kids other teams wanted to keep but couldn't compete with financially.

Let's not forget, the Roosters constantly claim players sign on for less and then when they leave, suddenly they were on competitive wages. Other top four-five teams lose stars like Papali'i, Koraisau, Burton, Crichton, B.Smith, Bromwiches, Mahoney, etc and replace them with no names / risky picks. The Roosters however do the opposite to everyone else and sign stars like a B.Smith and lose an average bloke like Verrills, sign a star like Young and lose a fringe first grader in Atoni. They still then have money to pick up guys who might suddenly become available but on big money like Allan or Sua'alii. Then, their big name players who come off contract are happy to stay for reportedly far less than they could get elsewhere.

It doesn't add up.

How many of those guys are on big contracts? This is the issue with the Roosters, they lose no names and replace them with established stars / kids other teams wanted to keep but couldn't compete with financially.

Let's not forget, the Roosters constantly claim players sign on for less and then when they leave, suddenly they were on competitive wages. Other top four-five teams lose stars like Papali'i, Koraisau, Burton, Crichton, B.Smith, Bromwiches, Mahoney, etc and replace them with no names / risky picks. The Roosters however do the opposite to everyone else and sign stars like a B.Smith and lose an average bloke like Verrills, sign a star like Young and lose a fringe first grader in Atoni. They still then have money to pick up guys who might suddenly become available but on big money like Allan or Sua'alii. Then, their big name players who come off contract are happy to stay for reportedly far less than they could get elsewhere.

It doesn't add up.
Victor radley has also just signed on for a further 4 years as well apparently. Kulcha bruh, Kulcha.

Great post though. I absolutely agree that players will take unders to go to and stay at successful clubs but the difference between the roosters and other successful clubs is staggering.

The only reason the storm have that status is because they're still reaping the rewards of cheating. Deadset, the best long term plan for success in the nrl these days is to blatantly cheat the cap to assemble a core of players like the storm did, which then builds a culture of success, and deal with the consequences later. The rorters are probably doing the same thing at a more advanced level (they're likely doing it 'legally' via help from insanely wealthy superfans or doing it in a way where they haven't/ won't be caught).
It certainly played a factor, but Bellamy proved himself before and after that he's a wonderful coach and that was always going to give them an edge. They're one of the better run clubs in the competition and their scouts have brought in some wonderful juniors who have gone onto have quality careers in the NRL.

It doesn't add up.

It's so weird that they have a billionaire super fan who brags about openly meeting with off contract players and has even paid for 'training camps' to the US for players. Surely it's just a coincidence that Nick and his fabulously wealthy mates are deeply involved with a club that has an insanely stacked roster year after year.

Imagine if the Broncos had someone like Clive Palmer obsessed with the club and doing the same sorts of things Politis does with the chooks: I reckon the reception would be a bit different in the media.

It has been reported that the Panthers have reached out to the Knights to sign Young for this season as they will likely get salary cap dispensation because May was injured in the World Club Challenge which counts as a representative fixture apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.