NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys, if this happens I feel sorry for the Sharks fans, we’ve been there, we know what they are in for over the next few years. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone other than the Roosters and Storm.

If the Cows spend big on Finucane they've lost their minds, he's a seasoned pro and will do a job but we've seen in the past you take players out of that Storm system and they're just run of the mill first graders

I even have my doubts on Hynes for the above reason, look how useless Proctor has been for the Titans. I can't remember the last time he came up with a big play, Mclean the same, Adam Blair at the Tigers.. it just goes on and on.

If the Cows spend big on Finucane they've lost their minds, he's a seasoned pro and will do a job but we've seen in the past you take players out of that Storm system and they're just run of the mill first graders

I even have my doubts on Hynes for the above reason, look how useless Proctor has been for the Titans. I can't remember the last time he came up with a big play, Mclean the same, Adam Blair at the Tigers.. it just goes on and on.
Tohu Harris has been even better since leaving the Storm, Folau, Inglis, Widdop, Cronk, Maloney.

It's just a myth that Melbourne players can't go elsewhere but just like every other team you have players in form patches or their weaknesses aren't highlighted because the Storm are rarely under the pump. You've just got to be smart.

That being said, I don't rate Finucane for the salary he wants. I wouldn't actually offer him anything above 400k given his age and injury history.

Where do the Cows want to put him? If at lock, where does JT2 go?

Hooper just said that Sam Walker will sign a 2 year extension with the Roosters, wanted him to sign a 5 year deal but couldn't make the numbers work. it will be $1 milllion+ over 2 years.

hasn't signed yet, but to quote Hooper, the deal is "DONE, DONE, DONE"

He's right, but it would have come from Ikin and given to Hooper. Ikin continues the illusion he is not Ben Walker's mate.

Hooper just said that Sam Walker will sign a 2 year extension with the Roosters, wanted him to sign a 5 year deal but couldn't make the numbers work. it will be $1 milllion+ over 2 years.

hasn't signed yet, but to quote Hooper, the deal is "DONE, DONE, DONE"
Dearden on 350k who looks like a plodder. Walker looks like a superstar =500k a year. Typical Roosters.

Lucky the housing market is booming.

Dearden on 350k who looks like a plodder. Walker looks like a superstar =500k a year. Typical Roosters.

Lucky the housing market is booming.
There is just no way other clubs wouldn't be prepared to pay significantly more than $500k a season for him. Hell, we should probably be one of them.

There is just no way other clubs wouldn't be prepared to pay significantly more than $500k a season for him. Hell, we should probably be one of them.

Of course they would but he's too smart. He won't get sucked into making mistakes with his football.

I have been saying this now for months. He knows the 200k he sacrifices now will be there eventually.

He's right, but it would have come from Ikin and given to Hooper. Ikin continues the illusion he is not Ben Walker's mate.
Huh? Illusion? Ikin said it very very clearly just the other night, along the lines of "I'm very close mates with".

Huh? Illusion? Ikin said it very very clearly just the other night, along the lines of "I'm very close mates with".

He very rarely speaks about Sam, he gives them the info to do it then just smiles and acts all surprised. He didn't even announce the signing of Sam to the Roosters he let Kent do it.

Sorry guys, if this happens I feel sorry for the Sharks fans, we’ve been there, we know what they are in for over the next few years. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone other than the Roosters and Storm.

Pfft, **** the Sharks. Their fans can suck my hairy bean bag considering the pot shots they've been taking at us for the last few years.

Of course they would but he's too smart. He won't get sucked into making mistakes with his football.

I have been saying this now for months. He knows the 200k he sacrifices now will be there eventually.

Walker's manager Clinton Schifcofske told NRL.com before the deal was confirmed that the club culture was an integral factor in the teenager staying with the Roosters.

"When you do a deal there are a number of factors. Obviously money is important, but there are a whole heap of other things - who is your coach, what is the culture like, what style of footy do they play," Schifcofske said.

"A lot of things are just as important as the money when you have a switched on kid like him."

Walker's manager Clinton Schifcofske told NRL.com before the deal was confirmed that the club culture was an integral factor in the teenager staying with the Roosters.

"When you do a deal there are a number of factors. Obviously money is important, but there are a whole heap of other things - who is your coach, what is the culture like, what style of footy do they play," Schifcofske said.

"A lot of things are just as important as the money when you have a switched on kid like him."

So what kind of kickbacks is Clinton getting from Uncle Nick?

Gives us 2 seasons to get our club culture in order while he develops at the roosters

Why would we not go after Dale Finucane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• thenry
  • Socnorb
  • Swordfish
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Maddy
  • Spoon
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Galah
  • Midean
  • pennywisealfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Lurker
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Fatboy
  • Brocko
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.