Status
Not open for further replies.
Paps only on 650k?
Must be some nice boat.
The boat in question.
AU Luxury Best New Luxury Ship Scenic Eclipse

Did I hear somewhere that the Dragons are dumping Corey Norman -
and signing Moses Mbye?

Cant really cry foul when we had lockyer here on unders the majority of his career,its not like paps is being paid a pie and a coke its still 650k

It's a pie and a coke mate, 650k in today's game where the elite players are earning 1m and more (even some of them are complete hacks.. Ash Taylor and the like)

Townsend is getting more on his Cows contract, to put things into perspective. This is why Melbourne are one of the best, they rarely ever throw the bank at someone (at least on the contract that goes on record) and they develop players consistently at a high level

Did I hear somewhere that the Dragons are dumping Corey Norman -
and signing Moses Mbye?

assuming they can get the Tigers to carry some of the weight of Mbye's contract for next year

It's a pie and a coke mate, 650k in today's game where the elite players are earning 1m and more (even some of them are complete hacks.. Ash Taylor and the like)

Townsend is getting more on his Cows contract, to put things into perspective. This is why Melbourne are one of the best, they rarely ever throw the bank at someone (at least on the contract that goes on record) and they develop players consistently at a high level
A pie and a coke for him would be 300k, just because clubs like the dragons the cowboys and us untill recently are prepared to throw stupid money around for players doesnt mean that all players are going to value the higher contract the same.
Paps might see his chances at playing rep football higher at the storm and in there system.
Im not going to sit and piss and moan about it we for years had benifited from players staying for unders to play at the broncos.

the Courier Mail reporting that the Storm's initial offer to Brandon Smith is 600k a year

Smith's manager, Stan Martin, says:

“I was pleasantly surprised with their offer,” said Smith’s manager Stan Martin.

“It is certainly a lot higher than I thought it would be. I was really surprised and I think they are aware of what it will take to keep him.”

“We have fielded a number of expressions of interest,” Martin said.

“Yes. There have been six clubs. Easily.”

“We can’t sign any contract with anyone other than the Storm until the 1st of November,” Martin said.

“We can discuss options but we can’t sign. He has another year to go on the contract. I will give them an indication of his value. As an agent I would like to think he could get a million but $800,000 may be a more realistic target.”

Martin on Smith's desire to be a starting hooker

“That is part of the problem,” Martin said.

“And that is the reason we put him on the market originally. We don’t know how they are going to play him at Melbourne and that is fair enough because they have Harry Grant.”

J. Nikorima heading to the Storm.. well, he’ll either become Alan Langer Mark II or Pablo Escobar
3BBCA4ED FCE3 4CBC AA04 C55AACEB76A8

Man, they just keep making good moves, we should have gone for him. In their system, he'll sink or swim and I reckon he is ready to swim.

A pie and a coke for him would be 300k, just because clubs like the dragons the cowboys and us untill recently are prepared to throw stupid money around for players doesnt mean that all players are going to value the higher contract the same.
Paps might see his chances at playing rep football higher at the storm and in there system.
Im not going to sit and piss and moan about it we for years had benifited from players staying for unders to play at the broncos.
This is a balanced view. At the end of your short lucrative career, would your prefer the extra Sydney investment property or the 4 premiership rings?

This is a balanced view. At the end of your short lucrative career, would your prefer the extra Sydney investment property or the 4 premiership rings?

At Melbourne, you likely get both...and a boat.

J. Nikorima heading to the Storm.. well, he’ll either become Alan Langer Mark II or Pablo Escobar
View attachment 14537
This reminds me, whatever happened to Kodi leaving Warriors early ?

That seems to have disappeared and Brown has been talking about Kodi being a hooker next year 🤔

Man, they just keep making good moves, we should have gone for him. In their system, he'll sink or swim and I reckon he is ready to swim.

I understand he's turned his life around and is making a real contribution off the field and now has a great attitude but he's played seven ISC games in three years which is really seven games since 2017 and hasn't played NRL since 2016.

No way anyone can say with any certainty he can contribute football wise still, he's a compete unknown on the field.

I understand he's turned his life around and is making a real contribution off the field and now has a great attitude but he's played seven ISC games in three years which is really seven games since 2017 and hasn't played NRL since 2016.

No way anyone can say with any certainty he can contribute football wise still, he's a compete unknown on the field.
Yep.. that Storm fairy dust & Bellamy’s magic saliva is highly potent but Nikorima will be competing with blokes who’ve been marinating in it for years..

What part of this rules out the comment though? He is going to be on base wage, he'll appreciate now how easy it is to throw it all away and how hard it can be to get back. He was one of the best talents of his generation, so there is massive upside there and he is still young enough to have a decent career.

This is a strategic risk by the Storm which are the kind of strategic risks we should be making from time to time, especially for one of our juniors. These kinds of decisions are what make the Storm so good. He'd be base wage, so if he comes on, he'll be a steal. If he doesn't, what do you lose? I would prefer to take a minimum wage risk on him than say a Billy Walters as he would potentially add a considerable point of difference, especially as a 14.

What part of this rules out the comment though? He is going to be on base wage, he'll appreciate now how easy it is to throw it all away and how hard it can be to get back. He was one of the best talents of his generation, so there is massive upside there and he is still young enough to have a decent career.

This is a strategic risk by the Storm which are the kind of strategic risks we should be making from time to time, especially for one of our juniors. These kinds of decisions are what make the Storm so good. He'd be base wage, so if he comes on, he'll be a steal. If he doesn't, what do you lose? I would prefer to take a minimum wage risk on him than say a Billy Walters as he would potentially add a considerable point of difference, especially as a 14.
The only thing I would say to that is that Walters is a known commodity at NRL and it is known that he can play a role in the 14 jersey next year.

Jnik basically hasn't played since 2016... pre-roosters cocaine he could 100% fill a role in the 14 jersey... however current Jnik may be nowhere near able to play 14 week in and week out.

One thing that we know is none of our hookers can play 80 week in and week out so we need 2 hookers every week.

Next year I think our hookers are Turpin, Paix and Walters... I don't think Walters has been brought in to be a back up 6, as we've got Gamble, Albert (hopefully) and then at a pinch Mam and Staggs, but if desperate measures happen then we've also got Walters as well.

Based on that I think Walters will likely be our 14 next year to give Paix more time in ISC... maybe Paix takes the spot over from Walters by the end of the year, but Billy is on a base deal for 12 months so it's not a whole lot of investment for a guy that we know can provide a role in the 17 every week.

The only thing I would say to that is that Walters is a known commodity at NRL and it is known that he can play a role in the 14 jersey next year.

Jnik basically hasn't played since 2016... pre-roosters cocaine he could 100% fill a role in the 14 jersey... however current Jnik may be nowhere near able to play 14 week in and week out.

One thing that we know is none of our hookers can play 80 week in and week out so we need 2 hookers every week.

Next year I think our hookers are Turpin, Paix and Walters... I don't think Walters has been brought in to be a back up 6, as we've got Gamble, Albert (hopefully) and then at a pinch Mam and Staggs, but if desperate measures happen then we've also got Walters as well.

Based on that I think Walters will likely be our 14 next year to give Paix more time in ISC... maybe Paix takes the spot over from Walters by the end of the year, but Billy is on a base deal for 12 months so it's not a whole lot of investment for a guy that we know can provide a role in the 17 every week.

All good points and I understand all of them. My post wasn't an attack at Walters either, more that it isn't that this idea of JNik has come from nowhere which is what @1910 suggested. I am ok with Walters coming on, he is a proven depth player but I would have preferred to take a risk on his spot IF we are keeping Croft (though it seems we aren't so no big deal).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Painin the Haas
  • bert_lifts
  • IceWorks
  • Ejbroncos
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • barker
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • broncotville
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.