NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
What part of this rules out the comment though? He is going to be on base wage, he'll appreciate now how easy it is to throw it all away and how hard it can be to get back. He was one of the best talents of his generation, so there is massive upside there and he is still young enough to have a decent career.

This is a strategic risk by the Storm which are the kind of strategic risks we should be making from time to time, especially for one of our juniors. These kinds of decisions are what make the Storm so good. He'd be base wage, so if he comes on, he'll be a steal. If he doesn't, what do you lose? I would prefer to take a minimum wage risk on him than say a Billy Walters as he would potentially add a considerable point of difference, especially as a 14.

I wasn't ruling anything out I was just saying people saying he will 'swim' are basing it on nothing they have no football to make that comment.

I think people assume he's been playing for three years for Dolphins but he's played more for the Brighton Roosters.

The Warriors took him on identical deal the past pre-season and he did his shoulder and then came back and is just playing again in the last month.

I am not being negative, I have spoken to him recently and think he's a great bloke that clearly has turned his life around. I just think if it does work it's not based on anything other than hope and guess work and if he gets down there and works hard and makes it work great for him.

Just too I thought the Telegraph headline was so poor and unprofessional.

All good points and I understand all of them. My post wasn't an attack at Walters either, more that it isn't that this idea of JNik has come from nowhere which is what @1910 suggested. I am ok with Walters coming on, he is a proven depth player but I would have preferred to take a risk on his spot IF we are keeping Croft (though it seems we aren't so no big deal).

Not sure how you arrived at that.

How do the Dragons still have money? Seriously, how?

Because we are subsidising all their Braldi players.

I would assume they have to pay full price for McGuire, Macca and Bird from next year, they have Molo also coming in. Then again, they couldn't believe how lucky they got with Vaughn, so maybe that's how. They couldn't tear up his contract fast enough.

I would assume they have to pay full price for McGuire, Macca and Bird from next year, they have Molo also coming in. Then again, they couldn't believe how lucky they got with Vaughn, so maybe that's how. They couldn't tear up his contract fast enough.

i'm pretty sure you're right.

you're also right in the fact that if the Dragons weren't trying to offload Vaughn's contract he wouldn't have been sacked

Canberra are looking at Ash Taylor, Brent Read reports that they've been offered his services for 250k

Chammas reports that Parramatta will need to offer Gutho $1 million a season to retain him beyond 2022 (as according to his manager, gutho took unders to stay at the Eels last contract)

Canberra are looking at Ash Taylor, Brent Read reports that they've been offered his services for 250k

Chammas reports that Parramatta will need to offer Gutho $1 million a season to retain him beyond 2022 (as according to his manager, gutho took unders to stay at the Eels last contract)

I'd take Taylor for 250k.

He’s good defensively and a over average in attack, pigs ass anyone should pay him that much.

Gutho competes hard and all that, he's an effort player more than a brilliant player

You wouldn't want to throw a mill at him though, that would be madness

It is amazing how many players and their manager think they are worth a million!!??

I think the game has been burnt by all these so called, Million dollar players.

Million dollar players make the base wage players look like 300k players. That's the secret sauce. Make all the players around you better. Which Million dollar player does that today?? A million dollar player 10% of your salary cap. There are 29 more players to go. Player manager's are ambulance chasers.

Will Hopoate has signed with St Helens

Anthony Don has announced his retirement

Raiders looking at having a sneaky splash for Cash Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  • arieals
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.