NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports that Connor Watson has signed to re-join the Rorters on a 2 year deal

Again, if you want to rort the cap, this current regime is the dream scenario.

In general it's an issue but in the case of Watson, he's a Roosters junior who was squeezed out of the club. Now that spots have opened up, I don't mind him returning to his club on unders. That's how the system should work - reward for actually putting in the effort to develop the player.

Roosters are just proof the salary cap doesn't work. Now I'm not for getting rid of it entirely, and I wouldn't know how to do it, but it has to be fixed.

So with Watson going to the Roosters, must be a good bet Ponga to go there for the smell of an oily rag in a year or two as well, obviously because the Roosters are just such a happy and honourable club and a hand shake deal he had with Watson.

Watson is a good signing for the roosters though. But he's more a long awaited replacement for Mitch Aubusson for them. Covers 5/8th, Lock and Dummy Half off the bench or due to injuries for them.

We should and could develop a utility (an outdated name they should really change to all-rounder anyway) type of player like that.

We should be using Watson leaving to work on Ponga, this is now one less thing to tie him to Newcastle.

Do we even need to wait until November 1 or whatever? Can't we go in yesterday and discuss signing for whatever year he's free? Isn't that what was said when Isaako and TPJ were speaking to the Tigers?

1. Campbell
6. Brimson
7. Fogarty

I'm relatively certain that'll be how they run out next season

Looks like this will be on point. Campbell certainly looks the goods.

Cowboys and Tigpies interested in Luke Thompson from the Bulldogs. he's been given permission to look around, apparently on over 800k a season

Dragons will release Clune to take up a 2 year deal with the Knights

Bulldogs interested in Mitchell Pearce (*insert dog rooting joke here*)

Dragons will release Clune to take up a 2 year deal with the Knights

Bulldogs interested in Mitchell Pearce (*insert dog rooting joke here*)
Pearce would be great for the dogs. What a team

I've heard Sharks are also interested in Pearce... if it's between those two you'd think he goes to sharks, who would have more money than the dogs.

According to Hooper, Ponga has a weird clause in his contract.

essentially, the Knights need to win a premiership before 2023 for Ponga to be eligible to activate his player options for 2023 and 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• jd87
  • Midean
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Redux
  • Justwin
  • Dash
  • LittleDavey
  • lynx000
  • Scorchie
  • sooticus
  • Skathen
  • FACTHUNT
  • NSW stables
  • Sproj
  • Kev_Guz
  • Waynesaurus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • Hurrijo
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.