NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Munster would be an idiot to turn down the Dolphins offer really.
The current rumour is Dolphins offering 1.5m while Melbourne are offering him under a mil... Lol. But Melbourne do have billionaire owners.

Anasta drumming up fake interest to get Munster more money. No chance it's true, Munster will never play for us.

which is why it was good for Kevvie to douse that fire today

Matty Johns dropping the 1.5mill figure for Munny on his show. Just a gross situation with all this horse trading

Ben Woolf to Dragons as assistant coach next year.

I just cannot believe that no one in decision making power actually stopped to think, hey a player agent as host of the only nightly TV show might not be a good look and a definite conflict of interest right?
Bring back Tom Waterhouse

Fox sports reporting that:

The Bulldogs have tabled a 4 year, $3.5 million offer to Burton ($875k per year)

the Raiders have tabled a 4 year, $3 million offer to Tapine ($750k per year)

Some Fox Sports player movement rumours:

1. Cody Walker and Latrell Mitchell Linked to the The

Dobbo says

“I genuinely believe the Dolphins will make a play at Latrell Mitchell,” Dobbin said on Triple M.

Hooper says

“Latrell and Cody Walker are clearly joined at the hip right, they are best mates, they do everything together,” Hooper said.

“Where it gets interesting, Souths have been backgrounding people for quite a while now saying in all likelihood, Latrell and Cody will be staying at the Bunnies.

“There’s been a couple of quiet whispers kicking around for the last couple of months now that maybe, they’re just going to wait (to sign an extension with South Sydney).

“They are not saying they won’t stay... but we are getting closer to November 1.”

2. Knights chasing Garrick, looking to move Ponga to the halves

“By signing Reuben Garrick, he can play fullback, which he won’t get the opportunity to do at Manly because Tom Trbojevic is at fullback,” Riccio said on SEN.

“It’s a big opportunity for Garrick and the Knights are certainly going down that path to see if they can get him up there.”

Riccio also explained that Knights salary cap is largely tied up in their forward pack — meaning players will need to be moved to make a play for Garrick.

“They don’t have a lot of salary cap space the Newcastle Knights,” Riccio said.

“It’s spent in their forward pack with the Saifiti boys (Daniel and Jacob), (Tyson) Frizell, (David) Klemmer, there’s a lot of money in that group, they’ve signed Jack Hetherington, Adam Elliott.

“The Knights are in a situation where they don’t have a lot of money to spend on their backline but someone like Reuben Garrick who wants an opportunity to play fullback is absolutely a chance to go.”

3. Gildart wants to stay at the Rorters, not go back to the Tigpies in 2023

Gildart Says:

“One million per cent, I absolutely love it out here,” Gildart told The Daily Telegraph.

“The standard is really high here and it’s only going to develop me as a player and I feel like I’m settling in a little bit.

“I’m still contracted to the Tigers for next season but I’m not sure how things will work out.

“I have made some great bonds there and it’s hard to not want to go back and give everything with those lads as well and I want to see them succeed.”

“I think since I’ve come to the Roosters, I feel like I’ve arrived in an NRL side now. I feel like my journey started since I got here,” Gildart said.

“There are some great lads at the Tigers, don’t get me wrong, but there are more senior players and more leaders at the Roosters.

“I’ve been listening to what they’ve been saying and I feel like that’s really improving me as a player.

“I wanted to see what it’s like to compete week in, week out with a team at the top of the NRL.

“I’ve learnt what it takes in terms of training and the intensity and all the small details.

“I’ve only been here a short time but I feel like I’ve learnt a lot. I can’t really ask for much more.”

And that right there is the problem with the loan system.
Take a bloke from a struggling team and put him in with a front runner and he never wants to go back.
I've got no problem with a struggling team borrowing a fringe player from a top team who are stacked for depth, but it just doesn't work the other way around.

And that right there is the problem with the loan system.
Take a bloke from a struggling team and put him in with a front runner and he never wants to go back.
I've got no problem with a struggling team borrowing a fringe player from a top team who are stacked for depth, but it just doesn't work the other way around.
Also look at lodge, no one wanted him because he was on too much..now he’s basically a top 10 prop playing for free at the roosters and as soon as he got there, they started to get a roll on.

nrl is a joke, your cap hit should stay the same regardless of how long into the season you’re.
Like basically every other cap sport around the world.

surprise surprise ... Anasta talking about Munster again on NRL 360

Melbourne are now "in the ball park" after today.

says "he has to protect his client" when asked about the magical $1 million mark by kent

Pap (somehow on unders (on the cap ofc)), grant (over a mil), Hughes (same as pap) all re-signed this year now they reckon they have over a mil left to offer Munster? Voodoo accounting back in vogue down in Melbourne?

surprise surprise ... Anasta talking about Munster again on NRL 360

Melbourne are now "in the ball park" after today.

says "he has to protect his client" when asked about the magical $1 million mark by kent
Moron is probably doing his client a disservice because Munster has about $1.5m lined up at the dolphins, but Anasta is doing a song and dance with the storm on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Hurrijo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Midean
  • Stix
  • Painin the Haas
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • mitch222
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.