NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from James Hooper though and when Gordie of all people challenged that figure on 360, Hooper looked like he'd been sprung making things up. The other panelists saved his butt by then taking over.
It's been quite funny with Gordie being on the panel.

I thought going into it that Gordie would be absolutely cooked with some of the takes he comes up with, but he hasn't actually been that bad.

He provides a better player perspective than Braith, even though he retired like a decade before him, and he doesn't sit back and allow an echo chamber to be created, because his points actually sound valid whilst disputing the media talking heads... and half the time they don't seem to have a come back.

Even on Wednesday when they were talking about training methods he was able to expand to pretty good detail about what happens in the Qld camp even though he hasn't been there for near on 20 years... was actually quite insightful.

I thought going into it that Gordie would be absolutely cooked with some of the takes he comes up with, but he hasn't actually been that bad.

He provides a better player perspective than Braith, even though he retired like a decade before him, and he doesn't sit back and allow an echo chamber to be created, because his points actually sound valid whilst disputing the media talking heads... and half the time they don't seem to have a come back.

Even on Wednesday when they were talking about training methods he was able to expand to pretty good detail about what happens in the Qld camp even though he hasn't been there for near on 20 years... was actually quite insightful.

Absolutely agree, Gordie has been pretty good for sure, much better than the moron he has replaced.

Anasta on the other hand is a waste of space. Only an idiot would have appointed him to that role and expect anything other than the uselessness we have got.

Yeah Gildart is rubbish. If he cant crack the Tigers or Dolphins squad then he really has no shot at a marquee NRL club. Forget the super league stats that are a joke wherein any sub standard half goes over there and wins their player of the year, the NRL is where the big dogs are.
Pretty sure that's not the case. There is a lot of quality in England, but if they make the wrong move to the wrong club they seem to fall flat on their faces.

There's very few things that shock or surprise me these days but Gordie being a positive addition to that show is right up there. The bold is easily the best part for mine. He doesn't back down from the points he makes...without resorting to shouting like the muppet he replaced. He definitely toes the line, but doesn't wilt away from confrontation when presented.

There's very few things that shock or surprise me these days but Gordie being a positive addition to that show is right up there. The bold is easily the best part for mine. He doesn't back down from the points he makes...without resorting to shouting like the muppet he replaced. He definitely toes the line, but doesn't wilt away from confrontation when presented.

That's the thing, he doesn't shout everything, instantly makes him better and lets other people speak, also makes him better.

I actually think Brooks is doing the Tigers a favour by packing his bags. He's been there since 2014, they haven't played finals and it clearly wasn't working out. Both parties needed to move forward and it wouldn't shock me if they both came out better for it. If I hazard a guess, I'd presume the Tigers will look to sign another half out of the Super League and compliment it with an up and coming option.

That's where Mitchell Pearce would have been handy, but he's reportedly set to sign with the Roosters. Obviously the accountants at Bondi are earning their pay cheque.

It would definitely be a gamble if the Cowboys signed him. I just think he's a very similar player to Dearden who for mine should be groomed as Chad's replacement with another player like a Jake Bourke or Tom Duffy - somebody who has been in your system a few years stepping in. I would have thought Bulldogs would have been the best destination for him.

Townsend has shut it down, he's said it is all just made up by the media (that would never happen).

Townsend has shut it down, he's said it is all just made up by the media (that would never happen).

It would not surprise me if Chad has been kept out of the loop, if the Cowpats are after Brooks then they are not going to tell the current halfback the whole story and that he can leave until the new guy is signed.

Omg lol @JayPee how happy would you be?
If it gets Townsend's money off the books and is at the right price it's not the worst thing we have ever done. Stop gap obviously.

If it gets Townsend's money off the books and is at the right price it's not the worst thing we have ever done. Stop gap obviously.
Townsend the buy of the season last year? That Townsend? Yikes.

Townsend the buy of the season last year? That Townsend? Yikes.
I never said he was buy of the season. I hated the signing. He played well for who he is and what he is but still not at that price and length. He was carried by Dearden and Drinkwater if we are being honest. Shouldn't have to pay 800k for a powderpuff kicking game. That's all he does now. I'd say the salary cap is starting to sting too.

I never said he was buy of the season. I hated the signing. He played well for who he is and what he is but still not at that price and length. He was carried by Dearden and Drinkwater if we are being honest. Shouldn't have to pay 800k for a powderpuff kicking game. That's all he does now. I'd say the salary cap is starting to sting too.
Yeah sorry, I wasn't quoting you, but there were plenty banging on about him being the buy of the season last year. Agree that Dareded and particularly Drinkwater made him look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Bronx48
  • broncsgoat
  • RodF
  • vertigo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Organix
  • KateBroncos1812
  • barker
  • Scorchie
  • Fatboy
  • Galah
  • MrMoore
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • winslow_wong
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • simplythebest
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.