NRL Players and family members in hot water

Rodney Howe, Robbie O'Davis, Adam MacDougall and Wayne Richards in 1998 was a huge story.

A lot of people forgot because he was on the way out, but Mullen's career ended when he tested positive to PEDs.

when was the last time a player was caught doping to this extreme? I know there was the sharks supplements program. And Sandor Earl was done, but I don't recall anything about anabolic steroids.

James Segeyaro 2019

If I was the Sharks, i would be fuming at ASADA.

This test was done in November, and subsequent of the failed test, they made decisions that would likely of been different if they had have been aware of the results.......

Do we know that ASADA is actually to blame? It's starting to appear that the Sharks hung onto the damning evidence?

I guess ASADA could be asked, why announce it now?? ...then again, maybe they only recently received the info...which in itself, sounds weird.

Do we know that ASADA is actually to blame? It's starting to appear that the Sharks hung onto the damning evidence?

I guess ASADA could be asked, why announce it now?? ...then again, maybe they only recently received the info...which in itself, sounds weird.

Sharks claim they were told yesterday by the NRL.

the reports are that the Sharks and NRL were only informed this week.

Xerri's mobile was also reportedly confiscated by ASADA this week ... and there is no way ASADA let him keep his mobile if the Sharks were made aware of this.

Brent Read has said that ASADA refuse to answer questions on why it took so to suspend Xerri, which IMO, is a big sign it was an ASADA delay

Surely the dude knows he's on it and knows he's been tested . Did he fess up to the club? If not this is all on him regardless of what ASADA did when.

Rumours are anonymous tip was relating to the junior system that said he had been doing it since then.

Rodney Howe, Robbie O'Davis, Adam MacDougall and Wayne Richards in 1998 was a huge story.

A lot of people forgot because he was on the way out, but Mullen's career ended when he tested positive to PEDs.

Always felt bad for Mullen tbh. No excuse though.

I know where you're coming from Harry, originally I was a lot harder on Mullen, but pulled my punch ala Tate in Origin.

It certainly doesn't blemish his career - NSW selectors and the media did a good enough job of that.

Some journos are still trying to soften it a bit with the recvering from injury, young guy feeling pressure etc BS.
If what was said on 360 tonight is correct he was outright cheating from a young age which raises a few questions if true.
Who was paying for the drugs.
Who was advising him on dosage.
Was he injecting, if so who was doing that for him.
How did the clubs/coaches etc not know when a member of the public twigged.

There is a lot more to come on this. Xerri has not once said he will fight it or issued a denial of any sort which suggests he is guilty.

The media in rugby league are nothing more than glorified forum trolls. Don’t believe a word they say on that pathetic excuse for a show.

I would just like the smoke and mirrors taken out of the timing of these announcements.
The NRL should introduce a policy along the lines of If a test result is not announced within X days of it being conducted it is null and void and the person has to be tested again before any positive result can be announced much less penalties given.
One day this propensity for ASADA to play ducks and drakes with the timing of their announcements on test results could come and bite us (I certainly hope not but you never know) so I would rather the NRL get on the front foot and do something about it now.

Hopefully the delay in announcing the positive test was to investigate who supplied the drugs.

I would just like the smoke and mirrors taken out of the timing of these announcements.
The NRL should introduce a policy along the lines of If a test result is not announced within X days of it being conducted it is null and void and the person has to be tested again before any positive result can be announced much less penalties given.
One day this propensity for ASADA to play ducks and drakes with the timing of their announcements on test results could come and bite us (I certainly hope not but you never know) so I would rather the NRL get on the front foot and do something about it now.

and then the NRL would likely be banned from operating in this country and in world sport, so yeah perhaps not the best plan...

Anyone want to stop and consider for a second that this timing might be as a result of an on-going investigative strategy?

They delayed the announcement to give them time to covertly investigate and now they are going overt?

Apologies if law enforcement strategies aren’t as convenient as we’d all like them to be...

Once again, such inconvenience can be easily mitigated simply by not breaking the rules...

I’m 43 and I’ve somehow managed to live my life never once requiring 1ml of anabolic steroids...

A lot of knights fans conveniently forget this every time you bring up their first "premiership" win in 97.

and then the NRL would likely be banned from operating in this country and in world sport, so yeah perhaps not the best plan...

Anyone want to stop and consider for a second that this timing might be as a result of an on-going investigative strategy?

They delayed the announcement to give them time to covertly investigate and now they are going overt?

Apologies if law enforcement strategies aren’t as convenient as we’d all like them to be...

Once again, such inconvenience can be easily mitigated simply by not breaking the rules...

I’m 43 and I’ve somehow managed to live my life never once requiring 1ml of anabolic steroids...
That is a fair point but I still have great difficulty accepting the timing as just coincidental with the restart of the season.
If the season had not been interrupted by Coronavirus I really think this announcement would have been made months ago.
ASADA has plenty of form for this sort of stunt the highwater mark or should that be the low water mark being the farcical 'blackest day in Australian sport' farce which was clearly manipulated by the then federal government for political purposes.
Apart from all that I would presume that assuming these drugs are illegal any investigation would be the provence of the police. ASADA should just handover whatever information they have at the time to the police and then step back and concentrate on handling the test reults.
None of this should let Xerri of the hook if he has done the wrong thing but in the broader interests of the game it could have been handled much better.

The sport don't make the rules, you sign up to the WADA code administered by ASADA and you play by their rules or don't be a sport in Australia.

Sharpe was the GM of the Raiders he is a league man- do you honestly think he's sitting there saying really want to harm league might sit on this positive test until we have a pandemic and the game is closed down- then when it starts again I will announce it?

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hurrijo
  • Lostboy
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.