NRL Players and family members in hot water

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Makes no difference. If Paynes turned himself around from the woman threatening man he was then he knows right from wrong and he knows what a scumbag looks like. If he wants to protect his siblings, he simply has to do it. It would be incredibly irresponsible not to.
It makes every difference, it's complete ignorance to say otherwise.

Most kids with scummy parents continue the trend for a reason.

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
Yes, a lot of people like to think that it's just a completely conscious choice by a person to continue the trend of deadbeat parents, instead of understanding that brains develop incorrectly with parents like that. Not everyone is going to find a mentor or rugby league club that will get them onto the right path and make sure they stay there.

For every story you hear about someone turning their life around, there are many more who don't.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Two men, including the brother of NRL star Payne Haas, have been refused bail for a second time after facing a NSW court accused of trafficking a commercial quantity of methylamphetamine.

The brother of Brisbane Broncos prop Payne Haas is considering taking civil action against authorities after police withdrew all drug charges against him.

I

Inside pass

BRL Player
Aug 22, 2021
Have to admire how he copes with all this while still having to give 100% focus to football….am sure the Broncs administration are rallying behind him with max support.
Having said that they could soon be in for more drama and damage control…fingers crossed all ends up OK.
Meanwhile we tackled our way to a scratchy win last night….a lot to like and a lot to not like…

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
It makes every difference, it's complete ignorance to say otherwise.

Just making excuses as far as i am concerned. The ignorance is coming from you presuming i wouldnt know what things are like.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Yes, a lot of people like to think that it's just a completely conscious choice by a person to continue the trend of deadbeat parents, instead of understanding that brains develop incorrectly with parents like that. Not everyone is going to find a mentor or rugby league club that will get them onto the right path and make sure they stay there.

For every story you hear about someone turning their life around, there are many more who don't.

I think Payne has broken that cycle though. Look at some of the shit he did previously, now he is actively looking after his siblings because they need it. Its exactly why he needs to distance himself from his parents.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Just making excuses as far as i am concerned. The ignorance is coming from you presuming i wouldnt know what things are like.

Honestly, if you can relate by having several of the things he is dealing with, like having a mum in jail forever for killing a family and a father who is in jail for drug trafficking while possibly facing the death penalty, a brother who was disabled and later died as a result of your mother's driving and are a professional athlete trying to take care of your remaining siblings and have turned out pretty well all things considered - you deserve all the credit you get too!

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Honestly, if you can relate by having several of the things he is dealing with, like having a mum in jail forever for killing a family and a father who is in jail for drug trafficking while possibly facing the death penalty, a brother who was disabled and later died as a result of your mother's driving and are a professional athlete trying to take care of your remaining siblings and have turned out pretty well all things considered - you deserve all the credit you get too!

Well, i'm obviously not going to have the exact same situation, but at the same time, in all the time i've posted on here i've never really posted about anything i have no knowledge about. It would be stupid of me to do so imo.

I do think Payne is luckier than most tbf as well. He's got way more support than the average person, plus he has the financial power to make his life easier as well in some aspects. He can still love and care for his parents, but distancing himself from them and protecting any family members he can is 100% the right thing to do at this point in time.

M

mstreet

QCup Player
Sep 3, 2020
If any family needed to wear monitoring devices, it's this family. I would not be surprised if they have a dedicated drone following them. Weekly team talk at the station always gives them a special mention.

You have to think all the uncles, aunties, kids, and associates are monitored. What a vipers nest. It's not sad , as they 100% earned this. Congrats to Payne for taking a different path. Hate to think who he'd be without football.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Just give the guy credit. I doubt many of us if any can truly relate to what it must have been like growing up with these two parents. He’s a credit to himself for how good he has turned out.

Its a fair point you make buddy. I probably shouldnt comment really as its quite an emotional subject for me and i do get over emotional about it, which isnt something i usually do, so i'll probably try not comment so much from now on. Certain things people do just really get me mad, and i think that whole family covers every one of them.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Taylan May has been charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm (DV), and two counts of stalking and intimidation. Due to face court Wednesday week. What a horrific person.

This bloke... surely not... I mean how did he even get arrested they don't snitch in Mt Druitt!!

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
The May family continuing to show how shit of a family they are as well... wonder if the Cleary's will be out in support again.

Active Now

• Alec
  • johnny plath
  • Swordfish
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.