NRL Players and family members in hot water

I don't think anyone is excusing predators, but some more than others are so inebriated with the white male victimisation, they can't see the trees through the forest...

P.S. How do you know you performed the act, instead of it being performed on you, if you can't recall anything? Your feelings on the matter after the fact say it all really... because this shit also happens to men, but society looks upon women quite differently from men under these circumstances.
We are supposed to be talking about the Hayne situation. Hayne isn't white and nobody on BHQ is playing the victim regarding this at all.

I really don't want my comments to sound like I'm defending Hayne or predatory behaviour. Because I'm definitely not.

That being said, I have to disagree with your first paragraph. I have most definitely had sex while black out drunk, and awoken with little to no memory of the event, with
women under circumstances that I would not have consented to sober.

Like all men, I pushed the shame and disgust deep inside and made jokes about it to my friends to cover my actual feelings of the event.
Wait didn't you say you were a gay man in the ssm thread?

whats the relevance of that?

I thought some women's opinions about women being drunk/raped was relevant to a discussion of women being raped while drunk, is all.

But no, let's all keep it on subject: men's victimization via social perceptions.

And also, wahh.

Wait didn't you say you were a gay man in the ssm thread?
haha, I thought that was obviously a joke. Sorry if I mislead anyone.

I thought some women's opinions about women being drunk/raped was relevant to a discussion of women being raped while drunk, is all.

But no, let's all keep it on subject: men's victimization via social perceptions.

And also, wahh.

I'd be happy to hear a woman's opinion but I don't think that means we aren't allowed to talk about it in their absence.

My post literally said that I didn't have answer for how to address this issue, I was never playing the victim. Maybe the correct answer is to be harsh on men under these circumstances because the ends would justify the means if it prevented and punished predatory behaviour.

Did you have a rough Christmas mate?

Sorry, I don't quite understand the question. There are a couple ways that I feel it can be interpreted and would like to have clarity on your intended meaning before I answer.
What I mean, is that if you were that drunk that you can't remember it, it's also unlikely you were an active participant in it, so the act was performed on you, rather than by you. Does that make more sense?

haha, I thought that was obviously a joke. Sorry if I mislead anyone.

I'd be happy to hear a woman's opinion but I don't think that means we aren't allowed to talk about it in their absence.

My post literally said that I didn't have answer for how to address this issue, I was never playing the victim. Maybe the correct answer is to be harsh on men under these circumstances because the ends would justify the means if it prevented and punished predatory behaviour.

Did you have a rough Christmas mate?

I didn't suggest we weren't allowed to discuss it.

If I was having a rough christmas, I would probably be in the religion thread bagging out christians on christmas...

I am saying what else is there left to say? Not all women are victims, not all men are perps..done. Feel better?

We are literally going around in circles discussing this. And a few that are late to the party obviously haven't read what others have posted previously.

Does anyone have anything else to add to the Hayne situation? Pertinent to it? Otherwise, perhaps we should start a Rape/Alcohol discussion thread...

What I mean, is that if you were that drunk that you can't remember it, it's also unlikely you were an active participant in it, so the act was performed on you, rather than by you. Does that make more sense?

As per the scenario I just highlighted above.

And a couple of more relevant articles:

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...-education-department-can-restore-due-process

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...roversy-jerry-brown-sides-education-secretary

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...tle-ix-overreach-curbed?target=topic&tid=6702

Re the Hayne allegations, there are a number of concerning aspects to the allegations, and I can well understand the reluctance of the DA to pursue a criminal charge based on the version as indicated in the court documents. I also find the behaviour of stealing a pair of his underwear to be questionable. I am somewhat cynical about this case, two possible explanations for her actions re the underwear are (a) she was seeking a trophy after bedding a 49'ers player or (b) she was already thinking of collecting evidence to support a claim.

If she truly believed that she was raped, why not seek medial treatment and get a rape kit done? That would hopefully provide compelling evidence of sexual intercourse and the identity of the other party. It may also provide evidence supporting a sexual assault - eg nature of the injuries etc.

There is much that we don't know. Is there any evidence of fresh complaint, of her complaining to a trusted friend within a short period of time that she was raped. Or did the allegation first surface months later?

If Hayne has retained competent representation, they probably have an investigator already looking into her story. If they can produce one or more former partners who have had sex with her, does her story start to fall apart?

The most likely outcome is it will be the subject of a confidential settlement. The size of that settlement (which we will never know) will provide the most accurate view of whether there is any substance to the allegation. If she settles for basically go away money, I would think there is doubt over her version.

And a couple of more relevant articles:

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...-education-department-can-restore-due-process

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...roversy-jerry-brown-sides-education-secretary

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...tle-ix-overreach-curbed?target=topic&tid=6702

Re the Hayne allegations, there are a number of concerning aspects to the allegations, and I can well understand the reluctance of the DA to pursue a criminal charge based on the version as indicated in the court documents. I also find the behaviour of stealing a pair of his underwear to be questionable. I am somewhat cynical about this case, two possible explanations for her actions re the underwear are (a) she was seeking a trophy after bedding a 49'ers player or (b) she was already thinking of collecting evidence to support a claim.

If she truly believed that she was raped, why not seek medial treatment and get a rape kit done? That would hopefully provide compelling evidence of sexual intercourse and the identity of the other party. It may also provide evidence supporting a sexual assault - eg nature of the injuries etc.

There is much that we don't know. Is there any evidence of fresh complaint, of her complaining to a trusted friend within a short period of time that she was raped. Or did the allegation first surface months later?

If Hayne has retained competent representation, they probably have an investigator already looking into her story. If they can produce one or more former partners who have had sex with her, does her story start to fall apart?

The most likely outcome is it will be the subject of a confidential settlement. The size of that settlement (which we will never know) will provide the most accurate view of whether there is any substance to the allegation. If she settles for basically go away money, I would think there is doubt over her version.

Yes, just a perfunctory look at what was reported raised quite a few questions for me at least. We must always go into these things with an open mind and bearing in mind the litigious nature of american culture.

WALLABIES star Karmichael Hunt has been charged with cocaine possession, after being allegedly caught by police in a Brisbane car park.
It is understood Hunt, 31, was arrested with another man about 3am today in McLachlan St, Fortitude Valley.
His high-profile lawyer Adam Magill said an incident happened this morning and his client was arrested.
“An incident involving Karmichael Hunt occurred which resulted in his arrest,” he said.
“At this stage no further instructions have been taken.
“There were two males involved and there has a subsequent charge of possession. They have been charged conjointly.”
A police spokesman confirmed a 31-year-old man had been charged with two counts of drug possession.
Police will allege the men were on the side of the road on McLachlan St.
His court date has been scheduled for January 29.
Another man, 32, was charged with possession of a thing used in regards to a drug offence.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e/news-story/6fec2566f5813d40d9dbaba88067dcac

HAHAHAHA Suck shit.

Who are you going to dog to save your sorry ass this time?
Bet his dealer is shitting bricks right about now.

Might get ripped for this, but I wouldn't be too upset at the idea of signing him from this.

Aru could very well tear up his contract, and his contract value could be diminished in comparison. His kicking game has slowly improved, Hunt at 6 anyone?

Won't happen in a million years, but it'd be interesting.
And yes, before anyone gets in and says it I understand that would put us back to square 1 with two running halves and half a kicking game.

He's 31. His career as a professional athlete is done. Unless he can get a gig back in T-Ball.

He could have been a broncos great. Shame really.

Afl treated him and Folau really poorly once they drained the initial publicity out of them. Luckily for Folau he was young enough to recover in union.

Won't be the first and won't be the last ex broncos to fall off the rails. I may be looking at this through maroon and gold glasses but it's happened so many times now with ex broncos that it has to be more then a coincidence.

Hunt will mainly be remembered for loving the coke 10 years from now whereas he could have played 300+ games for the broncos, been our captain, and played 30+ origins. He was on his way to being a legend in our game. Such a waste really...

I was just thinking the other day that him leaving was probably the worst loss of a player for us. Not the best player we have lost, but terrible timing and we weren't in a position to replace him and didn't do so for years.

The only good thing to come from these diabolical code swaps is that it showed that you would have to be an idiot to do it unless you were 30 years old and it was your final contract. The money they made in that one contract would have been made up for 10 fold in the next 3 or 4 contracts they signed in the nrl.

He could have been a broncos great. Shame really.

Afl treated him and Folau really poorly once they drained the initial publicity out of them. Luckily for Folau he was young enough to recover in union.

Won't be the first and won't be the last ex broncos to fall off the rails. I may be looking at this through maroon and gold glasses but it's happened so many times now with ex broncos that it has to be more then a coincidence.

Hunt will mainly be remembered for loving the coke 10 years from now whereas he could have played 300+ games for the broncos, been our captain, and played 30+ origins. He was on his way to being a legend in our game. Such a waste really...

I was just thinking the other day that him leaving was probably the worst loss of a player for us. Not the best player we have lost, but terrible timing and we weren't in a position to replace him and didn't do so for years.

The only good thing to come from these diabolical code swaps is that it showed that you would have to be an idiot to do it unless you were 30 years old and it was your final contract. The money they made in that one contract would have been made up for 10 fold in the next 3 or 4 contracts they signed in the nrl.
Yep, after reading this story this morning, I got to thinking where Hunt would be in Broncos history if he had stayed, knuckled down and became a club leader. A 300 game star who could be up to his eyeballs in a decent contract topped up with TPA’s and a big future post football.

Active Now

• Broncs1459
  • NSW stables
  • Manlyman
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.