NRL Players and family members in hot water

Yep, after reading this story this morning, I got to thinking where Hunt would be in Broncos history if he had stayed, knuckled down and became a club leader. A 300 game star who could be up to his eyeballs in a decent contract topped up with TPA’s and a big future post football.

Yeah, lets remember that he was only 22 when he left, and he was a gun at the back for a number of years already. He seemed a bit switched off physically in his finally year, probably distracted by his contract details, but he was still silky smooth in setting up tries with his passes and grubbers. Considering that these days most players are still considered rookies at 22, I wonder what he could have been, as every year was pretty much better than his last.

Idiot. I guess an addiction is an addiction and that seems him done.

He could have been a broncos great. Shame really.

Afl treated him and Folau really poorly once they drained the initial publicity out of them. Luckily for Folau he was young enough to recover in union.

Won't be the first and won't be the last ex broncos to fall off the rails. I may be looking at this through maroon and gold glasses but it's happened so many times now with ex broncos that it has to be more then a coincidence.

Hunt will mainly be remembered for loving the coke 10 years from now whereas he could have played 300+ games for the broncos, been our captain, and played 30+ origins. He was on his way to being a legend in our game. Such a waste really...

I was just thinking the other day that him leaving was probably the worst loss of a player for us. Not the best player we have lost, but terrible timing and we weren't in a position to replace him and didn't do so for years.

The only good thing to come from these diabolical code swaps is that it showed that you would have to be an idiot to do it unless you were 30 years old and it was your final contract. The money they made in that one contract would have been made up for 10 fold in the next 3 or 4 contracts they signed in the nrl.

He wont be remembered as an athlete.

Hunt will mainly be remembered for loving the coke 10 years from now whereas he could have played 300+ games for the broncos, been our captain, and played 30+ origins. He was on his way to being a legend in our game. Such a waste really...

I was just thinking the other day that him leaving was probably the worst loss of a player for us. Not the best player we have lost, but terrible timing and we weren't in a position to replace him and didn't do so for years.

We didn't recover from his loss until 2015 when we signed Boyd.

Before then, it was a disaster at the back. He was a big loss that took us years to recover from.

Might get ripped for this, but I wouldn't be too upset at the idea of signing him from this.

Aru could very well tear up his contract, and his contract value could be diminished in comparison. His kicking game has slowly improved, Hunt at 6 anyone?

Won't happen in a million years, but it'd be interesting.
And yes, before anyone gets in and says it I understand that would put us back to square 1 with two running halves and half a kicking game.

If we were to sign him, I would only take him at fullback. Nothing else.

Boyd at left centre, Hunt at the back. Even if it's only for a couple of years. He'll offer more than what Boyd currently does.

But it won't happen. Wayne won't bring him back and no other NRL club will touch him.

His career is done.

If we were to sign him, I would only take him at fullback. Nothing else.

Boyd at left centre, Hunt at the back. Even if it's only for a couple of years. He'll offer more than what Boyd currently does.

But it won't happen. Wayne won't bring him back and no other NRL club will touch him.

His career is done.

Yeah right. Clubs are hoping the NRL will allow Carney to be registered, a player like Hunt will be just as sought after.

Hoffman was named our player of the year in 2010, and back when we had Lockyer, he wasn't too bad a replacement. Before his ego got out of control too.

I'd say the worst loss is still Civo after 2007, we would have won another premiership for sure, especially since he played his best footy after leaving.

Hoffman was named our player of the year in 2010, and back when we had Lockyer, he wasn't too bad a replacement. Before his ego got out of control too.

I'd say the worst loss is still Civo after 2007, we would have won another premiership for sure, especially since he played his best footy after leaving.

Agreed, but how many did we lose because we thought we were keeping KHunt? Poor Civo, should have been a 1 club man

Might get ripped for this, but I wouldn't be too upset at the idea of signing him from this.

Aru could very well tear up his contract, and his contract value could be diminished in comparison. His kicking game has slowly improved, Hunt at 6 anyone?

And yes, before anyone gets in and says it I understand that would put us back to square 1 with two running halves and half a kicking game.

A 31 yo rugby league has been with off field issues?

I'm gonna go with "no"

We just couldn't extend another chance to a bloke with his track record.
Introducing him to our young roster would be too risky.
I know players can find trouble easily on their own but why bring someone in who clearly cannot be trusted.

We just couldn't extend another chance to a bloke with his track record.
Introducing him to our young roster would be too risky.
I know players can find trouble easily on their own but why bring someone in who clearly cannot be trusted.

If KHunt could not learn after his major incident last time (2015) then he is never going to. Loose cannon.

rumours going around are Karmichael Hunt's management are in talks with the Eels at a possible return in the NRL.

Last edited:
Bloody hell, he's 31?!

How time flys.

I guess Carney has no hope then.

Well I would vote "no" to Carney as well, but if I had to take one of them it would be Carney

Reason? I don't view Carney as a rugby league has been

He's been playing the game since he left the NRL whereas KHunt left league behind him years ago and has been playing AFL and Union

Well I would vote "no" to Carney as well, but if I had to take one of them it would be Carney

Reason? I don't view Carney as a rugby league has been

He's been playing the game since he left the NRL whereas KHunt left league behind him years ago and has been playing AFL and Union

Agree, no to Carney as well.

They are both no hoping ***** with football ability but not Bronco material.

Stick with what works, no fuckwits who would drag the club down, certain standards have to be set.
I know judgment calls have to be made in certain situations but you don't invite types on their 3rd and 4th chances ( known traits) into the club and hope for the best.

They go to other clubs that have little choice but to buy tainted troubled talent. It's one reason why those clubs will take forever to work their way from the bottom.

Drugs is not the only scourge among players either. Gambling is as bad., So many on here wish they had a certain talent back but let me tell you, that player has a massive gambling issue so good riddance to him as well I say.

Agree, no to Carney as well.

They are both no hoping ****s with football ability but not Bronco material.

Stick with what works, no fuckwits who would drag the club down, certain standards have to be set.
I know judgment calls have to be made in certain situations but you don't invite types on their 3rd and 4th chances ( known traits) into the club and hope for the best.

They go to other clubs that have little choice but to buy tainted troubled talent. It's one reason why those clubs will take forever to work their way from the bottom.

Drugs is not the only scourge among players either. Gambling is as bad., So many on here wish they had a certain talent back but let me tell you, that player has a massive gambling issue so good riddance to him as well I say.
Are you implying that an ex-Bronco that recently re-signed with a Northern NSW club for a lot of cAsh Taylored his lifestyle so that he could live in The Stars?

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Skathen
  • Allo
  • Tim K
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • RolledOates
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Financeguy
  • Browny
  • Johnny92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Waynesaurus
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.