NRL Players and family members in hot water

What in the **** is the point of a backdate suspension?

Now those players will know they REALLY did something wrong. Yes sir, if it wasn't for the fact that some time had passed, they'd be spending some time on the sideline, thinking about what they'd done. Next time, watch out, because, wow, if they are found to have done something wrong IMMEDIATELY after they'd done it, there will be all sorts of punishment-related situations they'd have to potentially think might be coming their way.

Double fucking standards, not even being sneaky about it anymore.

Staggs didn't even do anything wrong.....
Immoral maybe. Illegal, nope.

But apparently getting rejected is a far worse crime than punching on.

I know it's lockdown and stuff but it seems a little screwy to me that 34 guys can cuddle for 80 mins but half a dozen of those guys can't have a beer together after a game. OK OK before you get crazy please dismount. It's kind of unbalanced, like authorities are happy enough to let 250 odd guys swap spit and blood for the sake of tv ratings but 6 or 8 who won't be getting physical are a danger to society. I'd understand the outrage if they'd banned rugby league and these guys fucked up but it seems a tad hypocritical.

Of course, I probably don't have all the facts.

I agree with you here to some extent, but I think it's assuming that these footballers control themselves in only having one beer. However, they've already proven they are unable to control themselves in not attending a gathering that was expressly forbidden. Furthermore, some players drove there and others were reported to have run home 5k or so. Now, if we assume that potentially one beer turns into a few more, then those who traveled by car are now really risking a drink-driving offense. So, perhaps they retain the services of an Uber, with a driver outside of the bubble. Or they walk home, and are met on the way by a group of people who are also outside the bubble. Or perhaps enter a local döner shop. Or perhaps invite just one other mate. Or some people stop by.

The risk is that there are potential breaches that could occur IF they're unable to maintain their control and the integrity of the NRL covid bubble. And, as I said before, they seem unable to even control themselves in not participating in a forbidden BBQ.

But yes, the measures are rather draconian, but they are also agreeing to those measures by playing the sport in the professional sense. There are measures that they could employ, should they disagree with those measures, but as it stands, they've agreed to them.

The pitfalls of private enterprise, fame and contractual obligations. I suppose in terms of a different business this wouldn't be so much the case, because people probably wouldn't agree to it, so that it wouldn't impinge so heavily on their personal rights. By that I mean you gotta fight for your right to party.

the NRL has given Curtis Scott a "backdated" 3 game ban and a $15k fine for the incident at a Canberra night club.

apparently Staggs is the only player they won't backdate a ban for
dafuq!?

To be fair, has anyone seen the woman he brought back to the hotel?

I'd break COVID rules for her.

Please do show and tell.

Well SF.....we're waiting.

Im Horny Zach Galifianakis GIF

The 5 Bulldogs at the center of their COVID breech have been fined an undisclosed amount by the club in addition to the fines the NRL handed down. the money will be paid to the Bulldogs community programs

Kane Evans has been fined 5k for the obscene writing on his wrist tape.

he reportedly wrote the words "fold some ****" on his wrist tape

If it wasn't his wife that Koroisau snuck into the NSW camp then he is dumber than dog shit from cheating on her

this 10 is his wife:
Capture

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Manifesto
  • Brocko
  • Howzat
  • Old Mate
  • RolledOates
  • johnyE
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lurker
  • Morkel
  • Bish
  • Morepudding
  • Fozz
  • john1420
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.