NRL Players that went to your school.

Daniel Mortimer (Under 20's Eels Player & Son Of Peter) Was in my year at school.

From Memory Darren Britt went to the same high school as me aswell.

Ummmm, theres a Raiders Toyota Cup bloke in year 12? Think he was junior Kangaroo and QLD'er. If that counts haha.

I had heaps. Matt King, The Aubusson bros from the Roosters and Amos Roberts from the Roosters

Also John Roe (former Reds captain) went to my school as well

so thats:

Chris Hartley (QLD Bulls)
Keiron Perkins
John Roe
There was a former Lions player as well but i can't think of his name
also Allan Borders Kid went there as well.

^ My partner's mate is dating one of his daughters. Every Aussie blokes dream isn't it? [icon_razz1

Since we sort of diverted to cricket there with Allan Border... I was in the same class as Michael Kasprowicz, wasn't a bad rugby player either.

I didn't go to school with any RL players that I know of but Wally Lewis is a former student there. (Brisbane State High)

I had.....

Robbie O Davis

Also in Toowoomba....

Shane Walker
Ben Walker
Chris Walker

And many more

Vogstar90 said:
robbie mustoe said:
Dane Carlaw, David Stagg, David Shillington, Paul Vautin.
Padua ay? You guys were always a walk over in Rugby Union. Those were the days [icon_wink

They still are a walkover, but in 97 they sure weren't.

My cousin went to high school in Yamba with Luke Douglas and he is one of his best mates. Also my girl friend was in the year below Kris Kahler in Gympie, lol they are from Gympie.

On a personal note though, I went to a brand new school so we are starting from scratch and most of the kids there (even more so now) are more interested in drugs than sport.

When I was at school...

Napoleoni Vanowale (Signed to Sydney Roosters)
Star Timani (Signed to Cronulla Sharks)

Rugby players of note...

Ben Atiga (Auckland/Blues/All Blacks)
David Smith (Auckland/Blues)
Jamie Hilleur (Auckland/Blues)
Locky Monroe (Auckland/Blues/NZ Sevens)
Brendon Hilleur (Auckland/Blues)
Daniel Bowden (Northland)
Ben Herring (Otago/Highlanders/Southland/Wellington/Hurricanes)
Andrew Van Der Haden (Counties Manukau)
and a couple more that I cant think of...

Daniel Vidot, Jnr Kangaroo and U20s Raiders fullback/center
Mark 'Nosey'. U20s Raiders second row
Marc Herbet, Raiders Halfback
Troy Thompson, Raiders Prop
Nick Kouparitsis, Bulldogs 2nd row
James Hird, AFL
Nathan Buckley, AFL

One PE teacher played first grade for Paramatta in the 80s and another for the Dragons in the 80s.

Its weird how we dont have any decent Rugby Union guys considering that is out main sport....

I'm not sure about any NRL players from my school, but I used to play for Woodridge out of Meakin park where Darren Smith used to play.

My cousin Stuart Henry was in line for Origin selection in '95 only to be pipped by Ben Ikin.

And my dad used to be friends and went to school with Mark Harris, who played for the Roosters then went to the U.S to play American footy. I remember we used to go Mud Crabbing with Mark when I was a lad.

My brother played footy with Billy Dart in the same team for Woodridge, Billy went to play for the Roosters. He had a lot of potential on the field, but he had a problem with stealing cars, the fool.

Lesley Vainikolo
Jeff Lima
Sonny Fai
Mark Leafa
Henry Faafili
John Kirwan
Motu Tony
David Faalogo
George Carmont
Tai Savea (R.I.P.)

...wow thats a few from my school

wally said:
I got nothing... closest was Carl Webb who went to High School at Dalby (nearly an hour away)... his step-sister went to my school (couple years below me), she was a very talented swimmer.

That'd be a first [icon_wink .

Hey what about Benny Ross? Wait.. i don't think my time frame is right.

I've got nothing also.

Haha KFH.... I think we only birthed Ross.... hard to say really, things get so blown outta preportion in places like this.

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • teampjta
  • Lurker
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.