vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to picture a scenario where it’s not a certainty. All it will take is one player to test positive and the whole show will be over. Still hopeful though.
Well under what I understand to be the protocol, that player and the rest of the team and support staff would have to go into isolation. If that happens across 2-4 teams, it will have to be canned you would think.

I think the bans will be lifted. Regardless of what WHO says, it is out of control now, China is getting an increase in infections from travelers going back in who have picked it up elsewhere. It’s in cycles now, it won’t be contained.

I think the bans will be lifted. Regardless of what WHO says, it is out of control now, China is getting an increase in infections from travelers going back in who have picked it up elsewhere. It’s in cycles now, it won’t be contained.
True, but the longer we can slow down the spread, the better chance we have of evading it until a vaccine is available. There’s also a glimmer of hope it might slow down in summer. Unfortunately, that’s our winter.

A vaccine isn’t a cure and plenty of people get the flu vaccine yet it still has a greater mortality rate each year than the coronavirus has had or looks to have based on the trends. So if it is a certainty that the season will be cancelled as some people are claiming how do we ever have a season of football?
It’s not about dying, it’s about 1 in 5 needing life support. I don’t want to derail this thread but I’ve written a long piece on it here and provided more information you should read:
Any business that can survive with its staff working from home will be trying to do that.

Last edited:
Know one doubts he is a great guy, he clearly is. As a person I have huge respect for him and he is one of the players I would most like to have a beer with. That being said fans shouldn’t be made to feel guilty because they don’t want to see him on the footy field anymore because of how poor his performances are.
I admit I have no idea if he is a great guy or not. I don't know him. Certainly female journalists I know don't think highly of him. But that could be a biased opinion too. In any case I agree, if you cant do your job it doesnt matter how nice you are.
[automerge]1583448313[/automerge]
A vaccine isn’t a cure and plenty of people get the flu vaccine yet it still has a greater mortality rate each year than the coronavirus has had or looks to have based on the trends. So if it is a certainty that the season will be cancelled as some people are claiming how do we ever have a season of football?
Corona virus appears to have a greater mortality rate and still has the potential to mutate. I think it is a much bigger threat than the flu, particularly for vulnerable groups in the community. Hopefully a vaccine goes a long way to improving that. As long as Bryce Carwright and the anti vaxxers don't ruin it for everyone.

Last edited:
Now that Darbs has announced his retirement, Broncos by 12

I admit I have no idea if he is a great guy or not. I don't know him. Certainly female journalists I know don't think highly of him. But that could be a biased opinion too. In any case I agree, if you cant do your job it doesnt matter how nice you are.
[automerge]1583448313[/automerge]

Corona virus appears to have a greater mortality rate and still has the potential to mutate. I think it is a much bigger threat than the flu, particularly for vulnerable groups in the community. Hopefully a vaccine goes a long way to improving that. As long as Bryce Carwright and the anti vaxxers don't ruin it for everyone.

What information has shown a greater mortality rate than the flu? Must have come in overnight.

Maybe by 4, depends how many stillnox the boys have had pre game

What information has shown a greater mortality rate than the flu? Must have come in overnight.

Current figures are 3.4%

That's about 34 times higher than your typical flu.

HOWEVER, it's complex. On the one hand, it is estimated that the virus itself is probably much less deadly than that. On the other, it has much higher hospitalisation rates, and intensive care rates. With that, there being no vaccine for it, and it spreading exponentiallly, this makes it a huge threat which could overwhelm our healthcare systems and sadly lead to many more people dying. This is a excellent, fairly short, fact-based article on that. I highly recommend it:

With its exponential gowth rates, the numbers of cases will start to explode soon. Our best hope.is to slow it down as much as possible to spread the infections out over a longer period of time and to put less load on our health care system at any one time. It's very likely that large public gatherings (like football games) will end up being banned. Maybe the players could play without anyone in the stands, I don't know

Last edited:
Like what was said above. Originally reported as 40 times higher but that will likely come down over time. In its current state is very much unknown. It is premature to presume it will drop to flu levels or less, especially when there is an even larger mortality rate to vulnerable groups. It could still mutate. A vaccination has not been developed like with the flu which is relevant too. I also read they think their may be two strains one mild one severe.

Broncos captain Alex Glenn does not think he will be fit to line up against the Cowboys in round one as he battles a hamstring injury.

The veteran back-rower was asked by Channel Nine's Danika Mason on stage at the Broncos season launch whether he would be right for the historic clash at the Cowboys' new stadium.

"I don't think so," he said. "I had a great pre-season but the last couple of weeks have been annoying me with this injury. I want to make sure that when I play I am 100% and not have any doubt in my mind.

"I want to be smart. It is a long season so I want to make sure I am looking after my body now so I am not carrying this injury into the season and I can fire up for the boys."

If Glenn is out for the Broncos then back-rower Jamil Hopoate or prop Ethan Bullemor are in contention to come onto the bench and make their NRL debuts.

Source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/23/casualty-ward-all-the-latest-nrl-injury-news/
[automerge]1583461053[/automerge]
I thought we established the other day that Bullemor is still a development player?

If he's available, I'd much prefer him than Hopoate on the bench tbh.

Source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/23/casualty-ward-all-the-latest-nrl-injury-news/
[automerge]1583461053[/automerge]
I thought we established the other day that Bullemor is still a development player?

If he's available, I'd much prefer him than Hopoate on the bench tbh.

How bad was his hamstring? I could be wrong but it feels like it has been almost a month since I heard he did something to it. Seeing as the comp is still another week away, it must have been at least a grade 2 or 3 strain/tear by the sounds of it if it’s still not ready. I don’t think I ever officially heard what the diagnosis was

Last edited:
This was a frustrating game. It didn't matter who you were supporting, you were going to be pulling your hair out.

Broncos were on a 5 game winning streak coming into this game and had scored a combined total of 117 points during that streak. But watching them in this game, you wouldn't think they were on a roll and sitting 1st on the ladder. The first half was very much a case of who was going to drop the ball next? They just couldn't build any momentum and break the Cowboys down. They had barely spent any time in their 20 and whenever they looked likely, they would come up with an error. Whenever they made a half break, they would be taken over the sideline. Whenever they put in a good kick and looked like they would produce a result from it, Bowen would bamboozle them and nearly run away and score. Cowboys had spent a lot of time in the Broncos end and to the Broncos credit, they held strong and only trailed by 6 going into half time.

In the second half the tables had turned for the Broncos. Suddenly it was them camping in the Cowboys end. While they were still making too many bad errors, you could tell it was just a matter of time until they finally broke the Cowboys. They were looking very fatigued while the Broncos had bit of energy in their play. 58 minutes in and the Broncos finally score through a bit of luck after a Lockyer kick rebounded off a Cowboys player which was picked up by Lockyer who linked up with Bott on the edge to finally produce the Broncos first try. The flood gates opened after that and not long after, Lockyer produced a pearler of a pass to put McGuire through a hole. It was all one way in that second half with the Broncos scoring 23 unanswered points to win 23-6.

If you believe Danny Weidler, Darius Boyd has told his team mates last night (assuming at the season launch) that he will hang the boots up at the end of the 2020 season.
Might be the first thing Weidler has ever gotten right ... Well, I guess he was due

With kick off just a week away, I'll be uploading a few old matches between the Broncos and the Cowboys.

First up, Round 1 2001.

Just wanted to say that this is still the best away jersey of all time and was the first ever jersey I ever got as a 13 year old kid for my birthday. Still have the jersey with my name on the back in my closet. Even the away pants were mint too.

Why the **** don’t we have away kits like that anymore? Can’t believe my favourite bronco memory over the 20 year period I’ve supported the club was done in that hideous all white jersey in the 2006 GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Fozz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • marw
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.