CROSS FORUM NRL Round 12 Discussion

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I just dunno what they expect Val to do there other than not tackle him

that is the same for the majority of "hip drop" tackles

you can have a 120kg guy run at a 90kg half ... then when the half loses his feet and just holds on, he gets pinged for a hip drop.

the NRL has completely fucked this offence up. it should be similar to the cannon ball. i.e. when a player who is STANDING upright in a tackle (which is around the waist). then the tackler drops to the ground to pull the ball runner to the ground ... that is a hip drop

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Happens every single week. And they continue to allow it
Just ridiculous.. I hate it... players walk off the mark all the time and refs keep allowing it.

They half ass it with blowing time off and then commentators complain... there's literally no deterrent to doing it (penalty, rarely get hit for time off, etc.) and it's a massive factor, because it basically creates quick ptb's with markers all over the place

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
What is with the high praise of Staines, the commentators carry on like he is the greatest winger known to man.....................but he's done nothing.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
that is the same for the majority of "hip drop" tackles

you can have a 120kg guy run at a 90kg half ... then when the half loses his feet and just holds on, he gets pinged for a hip drop.

the NRL has completely fucked this offence up. it should be similar to the cannon ball. i.e. when a player who is STANDING upright in a tackle (which is around the waist). then the tackler drops to the ground to pull the ball runner to the ground ... that is a hip drop
Its the same for the crusher also. They bring in the rule for a legitimate reason then they just continue to rule on things it was not bought in for in the first place.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
What is with the high praise of Staines, the commentators carry on like he is the greatest winger known to man.....................but he's done nothing.

Almost deliberately put his leg over the side line for no reason.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Haha Drinkwater just doesn't even need to bother, has he ever made a tackle?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Defence is definitely optional for cows... are they trying to get Payten sacked at this point??

Playing Tigers in Townsville they should win this by 60

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • BroncoFan94
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.