CROSS FORUM NRL Round 12 Discussion

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
crazy that if that hits his head he gets extened period on sideland. shoulder charges are either illegal or legal. personally i prefer to see them be made legal but **** me nrl have some consistancy

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
That's not a shoulder charge to me... Taulagi didn't even get a chance to wrap his arm because the tigers player bounced off and dropped it before he even had a chance
So he didn’t wrap his arms?

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
That's not a shoulder charge to me... Taulagi didn't even get a chance to wrap his arm because the tigers player bounced off and dropped it before he even had a chance
Have argued that for years. With people on here too. You can't wrap when you hammer a dude.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
he litererally lead in with his shoulder. thats a text book shoulder chage. a very good one mind you and i wish it was legal again. but if that happenes against a team like penrith then you know it gets blown

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Did Taulagi have to do both efforts on either sideline just then... cows have not turned up.

Feldt is useless now, good reflection of the coach really, just can't let the underperforming old blokes go.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
he litererally lead in with his shoulder. thats a text book shoulder chage. a very good one mind you and i wish it was legal again. but if that happenes against a team like penrith then you know it gets blown

And that lack of consistency is why these rule changes all suck.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I can't wait to see how the spin doctor justifies that one ... because once he does the shoulder charge will be back in a big way.

there is a reason they changed the rule that said the arm had to be tucked into the side ... after 3 players in the same week got off clear shoulder charges because the arm was slightly away from the body.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

Yeah, this.

Worried2Death

NZWarriors
Just noticed this. Probably you guys know..Warriors are the cleanest team in the NRL.... Seriously the bulk of teams have over 18 players fined and suspended..Warriors have 2...
Are we just a sportsman club or are we not going hard enough?

We're too nice, like a whole team of Jake Turbos and no despicables sevens for balance

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Galvin is good

He sure is. Such a shame they probably won't be able to afford to keep him because of all the stupid contracts the previous management handed out.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Players of all ages are taught to drive with your shoulder... first contact will always be with the shoulder and then they'll wrap the arms.

I thought the ruling was more along the lines of 'no attempt to wrap the arms'... in that instance he didn't get a chance.

If his shoulder made direct contact to the head he probably would've been sent off, but to me it was just a strong tackle into the chest and if the tigers player wasn't backing away he probably would've driven him into the ground

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.