CROSS FORUM NRL Round 23 Discussion

I'm not his biggest fan, but if TPJ could just do what he has done in his last spell for the Phins he might have lived up to his potential. He's done nothing stupid, just tucked the ball under his arm and run hard.

I'm not his biggest fan, but if TPJ could just do what he has done in his last spell for the Phins he might have lived up to his potential. He's done nothing stupid, just tucked the ball under his arm and run hard.
Yeah I was surprised, probably a key reason they stayed in the game.

Dumb play by Crossland but if he had a storm roosters or panthers jersey on it’s a fair try

Kyle Flanagan referred straight to the judiciary.

There is very clear vision of him biting Crichton on the nose. He's in trouble.

Buzz Rothfield has blamed that incident on Stephen Crichton, he said and I quote:

"The one thing missing on the NRL’s charge sheet from Kogarah Oval on Saturday night was a grading on Canterbury captain Stephen Crichton for sticking his nose into the mouth of an opponent"

I'm not sure if I would go with that defence personally if I was Flanagan.

I've just seen the obstruction in Panthers match winning try against the Eels ... I can't wait to see how Annesley spins that clanger.

An NFL style blocking play would have been less blatant of an obstruction than that was.

I wish i could say i'm surprised that it was "missed" by the bunker / on-field refs, but unfortunately i'm not.

It was only a matter of time before the Dolphins closed out one of those tight games. They made it difficult on themselves but even during the chaos they always seem comfortable spreading the ball and timing their passes. That try to Averillo to give them the lead was really well constructed.

Have to give Warriors their due, they tried. Barnett reminds me so much of Carrigan, he busts his gut and does everything he can to put them into position. They just lack direction and have too many lapses in their defence to be a boring one-out grind them down side.

I can't remember DWZ getting any good ball when he was such a big part of their system last year.

Newcastle/Wests was a game only a Knights fan could love. Pretty ugly stuff but the Knights were the stronger side. The only question the Tigers seemed to ask at the death was whether Galvin would run, pass or kick. There wasn't much shape, especially after Sezer went off and it made life easy on the Knights defence.

It's difficult to get overly invested in Wests at the moment since it seems like Richo plans on making a host of changes. After Bula stole the show in 2023, it seems like another rookie has stolen it in Galvin. It's too much responsibility on young players and there's just not enough senior voices out there. I think Doueihi has tried, but is still struggling with the physicality of the game after such a long lay-off.

I've just seen the obstruction in Panthers match winning try against the Eels ... I can't wait to see how Annesley spins that clanger.

An NFL style blocking play would have been less blatant of an obstruction than that was.

I wish i could say i'm surprised that it was "missed" by the bunker / on-field refs, but unfortunately i'm not.
Did he have anything to say about the opening try to the Bulldogs when Reyno went down?

It looked eerily similar, with the centre jamming in and causing the blockage.

Buzz Rothfield has blamed that incident on Stephen Crichton, he said and I quote:

"The one thing missing on the NRL’s charge sheet from Kogarah Oval on Saturday night was a grading on Canterbury captain Stephen Crichton for sticking his nose into the mouth of an opponent"

I'm not sure if I would go with that defence personally if I was Flanagan.

He was banging his nose / face into Flanagan who was on his back at the time .
Crichton did stick his nose in his mouth and must wear some accountability .
Play stupid games - win stupid prizes .
He was lucky Flanagan is old school and wears a mouth guard . Lots of current players don`t wear mouth guards which I find baffling .
Still Flanagan should get 6 -8 weeks IMO .

He said the try was fine, panthers didn't run into the hole made by the obstruction, and that the panthers are winners so of course more decisions go their way.

Ok I added that last bit. Still bs.

Annersly talking out his ass

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Skyblues87
  • mitch222
  • davidp
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • leon.bott
  • Dash
  • Dexter
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.