CROSS FORUM NRL Round 27 Discussion

Would they have paid it if Fuller passed it on? Because we saw a similar instance in the Xerri try against the Broncos where Staggs turned in on Kikau and Viliame took out Reynolds. It's the same obstruction yet they decided in that instance it was fair game.

Definitely a grey area and you're rewarding bad defence.

If he passes it on, I think they don't call it back.

But he runs in the space and scores directly next to where the infringement happened and the fact that Jones manages to make a play on Fuller to try and stop him from scoring, they didn't really give the bunker much choice.

I agree you're rewarding bad defence, but they have been pretty consistent calling those no try this year and even last year. Now a week before the finals isn't really the time to change it.

Jones makes the decision to move in on Lemuelu. Defensive decision. The knock on/captain's challenge on Bostock was a clear-cut ruck infringement and the worse decision.
A fit Flegler and Gilbert, with Katoa playing and Phins would have won in a canter.

On the Fuller no try, I don't really get the blow up.

Lemuelu comes through as a decoy runner, makes contact with Brodie Jones and Fuller runs into the space directly beside where it happened. They were never giving that try.

It was a defensive decision by Cogger, but that doesn't cancel out the contact with Jones which wasn't a defensive decision. It stops Jones for a second and if it doesn't happen, he might be able to get in a better body position to stop the try.

Can't really complain about it when it's been a no try pretty much all year.
It's because cogger forces him towards Jones. If Cogger doesn't make a stupid defensive decision he runs just outside of jones like every decoy is on every shape play. He is trying to dodge running into Cogger. It's been a try all year. If he hit cogger they would have given it no try too. It's a total stuff up. It's when they have ample space to get past and still run into the defender that it should be no try. Cogger is the one that causes the domino's to fall off a bad read and causing their to be no gap to go anywhere

If he passes it on, I think they don't call it back.

But he runs in the space and scores directly next to where the infringement happened and the fact that Jones manages to make a play on Fuller to try and stop him from scoring, they didn't really give the bunker much choice.

I agree you're rewarding bad defence, but they have been pretty consistent calling those no try this year and even last year. Now a week before the finals isn't really the time to change it.
Yeah, when you start splitting hairs it's always going to cause issues.

It's the one rule that until they make it black and white it's always going to spark issues because everyone is going to have their own interpretations.

So The couldn’t make it despite a super easy draw. Next year no Bromwich, Flegler probably and TPJ gone and a rookie coach NRL-wise. Be interesting to see how they go.

As for Bennett, we’ll be didn’t get them to finals and that despite a pretty easy draw. He’s going in to a Souths side that is aging but has enough there particularly in the backline to make finals. Will he? Has the game started to pass him by? His simple game plan will always keep his teams competitive but can they be contenders? Time will tell.

Well done to the Knights, they took the game to an arm-wrestle and just over-powered the Dolphins.

FWIW, I actually thought Bennett was smart with the adjustments he made to the team. The season was virtually over after going 1-5 and they needed to find their most lethal line-up. The only decision I disagreed with was dropping Katoa. I could understand giving him a spell last week, but after a week off, I would have brought him back for this.

Still for them to go 11-13, after they threw an entire side/staff together last minute and to finish above some stalwarts of the competition, is no easy feat. Have no idea what the future holds, but they've built a solid foundation for themselves. It's up to them to continue to build from here.

Yep...dropping Katoa was a head scratcher. I figured he still wasn't right to play.

Super from Ponga

Knights just need to give ponga some runners , he's putting them on a platter

From what I watched, it seemed like Ponga had the game on a string.

Makes a huge difference to your success when your star players are fit and firing when it counts. If Ponga isn't there....the Knights aren't playing semi final football.

Food for thought when offering up criticisms of how the Broncs ended their year.

From what I watched, it seemed like Ponga had the game on a string.

Makes a huge difference to your success when your star players are fit and firing when it counts. If Ponga isn't there....the Knights aren't playing semi final football.

Food for thought when offering up criticisms of how the Broncs ended their year.
Ponga ended up playing more games than Reece, Payne and Reynolds... even though he had a Lisfranc injury

What hurt Wayne and his aspirations to get them into a prelim or perhaps a GF was their inability to recruit a marquee half. He was never really sold on his halves and that was evident with the way he shuffled the team around in a crucial game against Newcastle. He tried to get around that by putting togethor an incredible pack, then Flegler and Gilbert went down.

It worked against us but let's be honest, anything probably would have worked.

I see the dogs v manly game been moved from Saturday night to Sunday so they don’t clash with AFL down the road.
Still scared of the afl as usual knowing too well that Accor will be half empty.
Too bad for their fans that booked for Saturday and can’t make Sunday

I see the dogs v manly game been moved from Saturday night to Sunday so they don’t clash with AFL down the road.
Still scared of the afl as usual knowing too well that Accor will be half empty.
Too bad for their fans that booked for Saturday and can’t make Sunday
Manly fans don't travel across the bridge either... still a success for Vlando ball I'm sure... Sydney team derby, chuck it in the 80k stadium that no one ever wants to go to ... success !!

Manly fans don't travel across the bridge either... still a success for Vlando ball I'm sure... Sydney team derby, chuck it in the 80k stadium that no one ever wants to go to ... success !!
Yep and rorters fans only appear during finals also

What hurt Wayne and his aspirations to get them into a prelim or perhaps a GF was their inability to recruit a marquee half. He was never really sold on his halves and that was evident with the way he shuffled the team around in a crucial game against Newcastle. He tried to get around that by putting togethor an incredible pack, then Flegler and Gilbert went down.

It worked against us but let's be honest, anything probably would have worked.
I thought Katoa was starting to find his feet....... which is why dropping him was a bit of a mystery to me at least.

Yep and rorters fans only appear during finals also
I don't think they'll be putting down their lattes to head out to Mt Druitt for week 1, but week 2 will get a decent crowd at the new stadium.

Vlando and co will absolutely want dogs to win so it's dogs vs rorters at the new stadium... so it would be hilarious if Manly won... it will end up being the manly fans not travelling across the bridge again haha.

Active Now

• mrtij
  • Culhwch
  • maddo
  • Jedhead
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • mitch222
  • Bronco bob
  • Lozza
  • Hammerman47
  • leon.bott
  • BroncosAlways
  • Robboi_321
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.