CROSS FORUM NRL Round 27 Discussion

Super Coach O’Brien!

In all seriousness though go **** yourself Wayne, I bet he won’t be out on the field there tonight. Wayne got way too cute with this moving positions bullshit. It worked against us because we are mentally and physically busted but the truth is playing their normal structured team would have beat us and potentially by more but seeing that it worked he doubled down.

Lol Redcliffe. Hope they enjoy the post Bennett curse now.

Knights and to some degree Cowboys, the rest can get fucked.

Nah. **** the lot of them. Finals series from hell.
No way... fucking dream finals series... just look at all those Sydney clubs 😍😍😍

6/8 Sydney clubs... cheating scum of the earth taking out the minor premiership and then the cows... who Sydney just completely forget about and think is about an hour from Brisbane... but whatever they're there as well!!!

It's the kind of finals series that Vlando, Fox and Channel 9 would have a wet dream about... think of all the Sydney viewers... NRL360, Telegraph... all the papers will have so much to talk about... and broncos didn't make it, so they can keep talking about them anyway

Qlders will just watch of course... they'll watch those mighty bulldogs because everyone loves those historic Sydney teams.... or Melbourne because they're full of Qlders like Munster, Harry and .... um .... Billy.

And Ponga is there... Qlders will support Ponga... right....

Well done to the Knights, they took the game to an arm-wrestle and just over-powered the Dolphins.

FWIW, I actually thought Bennett was smart with the adjustments he made to the team. The season was virtually over after going 1-5 and they needed to find their most lethal line-up. The only decision I disagreed with was dropping Katoa. I could understand giving him a spell last week, but after a week off, I would have brought him back for this.

Still for them to go 11-13, after they threw an entire side/staff together last minute and to finish above some stalwarts of the competition, is no easy feat. Have no idea what the future holds, but they've built a solid foundation for themselves. It's up to them to continue to build from here.

On the Fuller no try, I don't really get the blow up.

Lemuelu comes through as a decoy runner, makes contact with Brodie Jones and Fuller runs into the space directly beside where it happened. They were never giving that try.

It was a defensive decision by Cogger, but that doesn't cancel out the contact with Jones which wasn't a defensive decision. It stops Jones for a second and if it doesn't happen, he might be able to get in a better body position to stop the try.

Can't really complain about it when it's been a no try pretty much all year.

On the Fuller no try, I don't really get the blow up.

Lemuelu comes through as a decoy runner, makes contact with Brodie Jones and Fuller runs into the space directly beside where it happened. They were never giving that try.

It was a defensive decision by Cogger, but that doesn't cancel out the contact with Jones which wasn't a defensive decision. It stops Jones for a second and if it doesn't happen, he might be able to get in a better body position to stop the try.

Can't really complain about it when it's been a no try pretty much all year.
Would they have paid it if Fuller passed it on? Because we saw a similar instance in the Xerri try against the Broncos where Staggs turned in on Kikau and Viliame took out Reynolds. It's the same obstruction yet they decided in that instance it was fair game.

Definitely a grey area and you're rewarding bad defence.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
  • Mr Fourex
  • Culhwch
  • Dexter
  • Johnny92
  • marw
  • upthebroncs
  • Bucking Beads
  • BooKhaki
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.