NOT CROSS FORUM NRL Round 3 Discussion

Are ball plants not a thing anymore? Or was this a pity-ruling because Cronulla was getting whupped?

Ball plant 1

Ball plant 2

Ball plant 3

Literally took 3 seconds to stand up like that. H2 - 32nd minute.

That Manly no try against the Eels, that right there is the result of having a black and white interpretation.

Moretti was never stopping that, he wasn't even trying. He was never chasing nor trying to close that gap. But because Trbojevic stands in the defensive line, it technically makes it an obstruction.

Now I'm fine with going with a black and white interpretation, but you just know that at some point in the season something like that is going to happen again but that time it's going to be given. Consistency is a myth.

We gave the bunker discretion at one point, too many howlers were made. But should the bunker be allowed to have discretion again?

I think they were looking for any excuse to take the try away after that pass tbh.

Are ball plants not a thing anymore? Or was this a pity-ruling because Cronulla was getting whupped?

View attachment 26730

View attachment 26731
View attachment 26732
Literally took 3 seconds to stand up like that. H2 - 32nd minute.

I think it only becomes an issue if it results in a lost ball. If the person playing the ball loses control due to being bumped by a defender, it's too bad so sad, lost ball. If they plant it like this but still play it successfully, all good.

Ya for all the talk of us getting our players back from injuries (ie Egan, CNK, Marata), remember we had the whole squad available (minus Metcalf) but it was like the end of the world if SJ can't play

Probably sensible for Metcalf to be doing the goal kicking and taking more last tackle kicks to prepare for games where SJ has to rest or do HIA etc

His goal kicking though, lol, how is he still kicking sideways right in front? Still to see a beautiful strike from him yet lol

I was just watching Melbourne v Newcastle in the background while working, fair to say Pezet had a shocker?

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • porouian
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Midean
  • Jazza
  • Waynesaurus
  • Spoon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • Nerd
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Spooky1013
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • Browny
  • Santa
... and 51 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.