NOT CROSS FORUM NRL Round 3 Discussion

Chooks and Manly have got me worried so far, attack looks so fluid and can strike from anywhere, looking deadly early rounds.
Agree the strike they have in those teams is pretty formidable. The key with those games is to try and control the tempo. Those sides get ancy if their not scoring every 5 minutes. Turn it into a grindfest for long periods just go set for set see who blinks first......Websters instilled that resilience in us.......teams like Manly, the Eels, the Chooks who can put points on in a hurry.....im still not so sure.

Cowboys have played Dolphins, Dragons, Knights and still managed to give up over 20 points a game.

Give it a few rounds to see where they're really at.
Cows have had an easy run, bit of fake form until they come up against a tough defensive side where points won't just flow.

If the Broncos were full strength or close I would expect they would get a wake up call.

Unfortunately they don't have a dicey game till Parra, but they also have defensive issues so even then it's not a real test of their potential fragility.

Cows have had an easy run, bit of fake form until they come up against a tough defensive side where points won't just flow.

If the Broncos were full strength or close I would expect they would get a wake up call.

Unfortunately they don't have a dicey game till Parra, but they also have defensive issues so even then it's not a real test of their potential fragility.
It could be fun if they belt the Broncos this week.

It could be fun if they belt the Broncos this week.
Blow out their points diff while they're down and out so they struggle to peg it back when they're full strength again. I like your thinking.

Only one undefeated side left after just 3 rounds.
Always a bit difficult to really say that when there's a Bye for someone each week but, anyway, yes after 3 the Cowboys and old Todd are looking pretty peachy.

Always a bit difficult to really say that when there's a Bye for someone each week but, anyway, yes after 3 the Cowboys and old Todd are looking pretty peachy.
I can't get used to Todd without his goatee, how are supposed to hate Ming the Nice

Hope they can't see this over at broncs hq, our truthful remarks always seem to come back to haunt us when we play them
233c6152 13e2 4099 a4c2 363bf8d11774 text

Mitchell Moses out for 8 - 10 weeks with a broken foot.

Cleary, Moses, Reece, Tino, I'm getting scared for SJ and Addin

Lol... just saw Annesley trying to defend Kenny's blocking attempts by saying he's not looking at the defence so it's all good.

I'm pretty Ennis never used to look at the marker defenders when he would keep running forward to block them from getting to the outside inside passes back through the ruck.

Kenny knows exactly what he's doing and Annesley has just given him a free pass to keep working on it until he gets it right

After I was done kicking stones over the defensive performance, I caught this angle:

Notice how he promotes the ball?

I don't think you could over-turn it but I'm not 100% convinced and I don't think To'o was either.

The Civoniceiva one for those wondering what the hell I was going on about:

Love Civo regathering the ball and planting it down again. Nearly as much as Carlaw's hannibal lector look.

Yeah I saw that angle, but I don't think it's ever short to begin with. It looks like Madden's left hand pushes it forward, but it's very difficult to see either way.

That Manly no try against the Eels, that right there is the result of having a black and white interpretation.

Moretti was never stopping that, he wasn't even trying. He was never chasing nor trying to close that gap. But because Trbojevic stands in the defensive line, it technically makes it an obstruction.

Now I'm fine with going with a black and white interpretation, but you just know that at some point in the season something like that is going to happen again but that time it's going to be given. Consistency is a myth.

We gave the bunker discretion at one point, too many howlers were made. But should the bunker be allowed to have discretion again?

Active Now

• jarro65
  • Xzei
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.