LIVE GAME NRL Round 4 Discussion

Why the **** is that a penalty, but kicking it dead on a short dropout isn't a penalty??

Unnecessary rule change looking dumber by the day
Yeah that shouldn't be worth 2 points. But I guess it's part of the risk of a short drop out

Poor doggies, ref fucked them hard. Not to say they weren’t incompetent in attack but still. Souffs as grubby as ever, LOL at Murray taking the dive and wasting the captains challenge.

The day Walker retires will be a good one.

Well the Ref did give a penalty against them for standing in the defence line after a kick . Which is one of their tactics. The forwards wait for the wingers and full back to bring the ball back to them instead of hustling to get behind the ball . Saving energy for tackling and running the ball .
once

What are some of your pet hates in the game?

Lately I'm really hating the play one deliberate six again. Every team knows the sets are won on the first three tackles, so teams resorting to cynical tactics and copping one extra tackle is a joke. It should be upgraded to a full blown penalty and have a higher chance of resulting in a sin-bin.

Saw it a few times today, I have no idea how Burton stayed on the field in the second half.

No issue with the penalty for the player touching the ball inside the 10 off the kick-off. My only change is that it would make more sense if the attacking team was allowed to attack the ball inside the 10 - I still don't know why that rule exists.

Head clash is going to remain a grey area. I don't think Shaq owed a duty of care to Preston, if he bowed his head and charged in like a rhino OK but on first few it seemed like Preston got his positioning all wrong. Again it didn't tick the same boxes as the May tackle on Walsh, so it's apples to oranges.

Thought the lead-up to the Burgess try was completely rubbish. Even if Latrell was fouled, it should be from the point of the kick and not where it lands they don't deserve a 60m leg-up for such a discretionary call.

**** me... Fox saying duty of care more after the souths game than they did all of last week in relation to Walsh.

Brandy now trying to get rid of kick offs somehow

For what reason and why now?

Weren't they cracking jokes about the injury last week? I was too busy listening to the Penrith Panthers fan call the 9 game to notice.
Talking about how NFL have gotten rid of kick offs as they just kick it over their heads... and in league it's one of the most physical parts of the game where players are charging in full pace at each other... How Preston was never going to go low for a tackle on a kick off so there's always a risk of him making contact like he did and then he ricocheted into his own team mate, etc.

He had no solution, just that it might happen like it has in NFL... except I think the NFL have been trying to bring kick offs back as much as possible by changing rules... touchbacks giving up more yardage, moving kickers further back, etc.

Talking about how NFL have gotten rid of kick offs as they just kick it over their heads... and in league it's one of the most physical parts of the game where players are charging in full pace at each other... How Preston was never going to go low for a tackle on a kick off so there's always a risk of him making contact like he did and then he ricocheted into his own team mate, etc.

He had no solution, just that it might happen like it has in NFL... except I think the NFL have been trying to bring kick offs back as much as possible by changing rules... touchbacks giving up more yardage, moving kickers further back, etc.
Yeah I think you're right, if anything they wanted to get rid of the cynical plays from the kick-off teams and encourage teams to run the ball back. I do think there was some consideration for player safety so that might be what he's getting at, but I'd need stick figures to help explain it to me.

I have no idea how Preston passed his HIA either. Like surely when you're down that long it's game over?

**** me... Fox saying duty of care
Wave your hands in the air like...

Screenlatrell mitchell 1

The amount of tin foil wearing ***** on here the last few days about the Panthers fitness and stamina accusing them of "juicing" is fucking laughable. Almost as embarrassing as us tonight. Get over it. Its a new year. Move on. Get better.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Bucking Beads
  • LittleDavey
  • Allo
  • something
  • teampjta
  • Johnny92
  • LGH
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • eggstar10
  • broncotville
  • Waynesaurus
  • phoenix
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • Behold
  • Old Mate
  • broncos4life
... and 38 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.