LIVE GAME NRL Round 4 Discussion

I think it’s going to be 4 in a row for Penrith this year.

They have lost Crichton and Leniu but don’t even look like they miss them.

They are going to be the team to beat this year.
I thought the result fair in pecking order. Penrith by a light year, Rooster's.

Rooster's and Penrith schooled Brisbane.

Interesting to see Melbourne this year. Melbourne being the best team of the last 20 year's. Penrith play more like Melbourne, than Melbourne.

That obstruction call on JWH where Edwards ran into him was the grossest thing I've ever seen.
It was terrible. Its almost a penalty the other way for edwards laying him out. JWH didnt line him up.

FFS just give Penrith the trophy again, send them to Portugal and let the other 16 teams duke it out ..
IMG 8764

Ended up being the difference too.

Cleary Sr. has absolutely taken a page out of the Bellamy book where in the NRL, no road is ever low enough.
If the NRL wants to continue to reward cynical football, this will continue for a long time. The issue as I see it is that fans from earlier periods will become more and more disillusioned, but it will be an entertainment product for a new generation who are willing to ignore the obvious cynicism and imbalances for the dopamine rush that 8 tries a match will bring.

Cleary Sr. has absolutely taken a page out of the Bellamy book where in the NRL, no road is ever low enough.
Was it though? Penrith absolutely dominated that game. If it comes down to luck or a single call to win a game...even if by arse the Rooster's won that game, they'd be shitting themselves to play Penrith again.

It's gutter, cynical football.

Cleary's final try in The Game That Shall Not Be Named, I am convinced that the Panthers forwards were deliberately trying to block Walsh's view of Cleary. Cleary puts on a big burst right when the two forwards line up like an eclipse, which gives hit that crucial half second head start that he needs to go for the gap. It's not against the rules, of course, it's just... ugly.

Damn they are so good, high quality football for 80 minutes withiut some stars. Dylan Edwards is unreal, gotta be one of the fittest to ever play the game.

I thought the penalty in the lead up to the Manu no try was pretty suspect. How many times do you see a defensive player loitering in the defensive line? It happens pretty regularly but it's rarely called unless there's a line-break.

We talk about game management and what the officials do to manipulate a contest. That right there was part in parcel.

Good performance from the Panthers. I went Roosters with the understanding that Yeo would be ruled out, but his presence tonight made a huge difference and just allowed the Panthers to stick their structures. The issue with two quality halves partners is that often they'll have to compromise their roles to suit the other. Cleary tends to play better without Luai and I think after tonight you could say the same for Jarome who had more control and had more opportunities to kick the ball and ask some questions of the Roosters.

One of @Sproj and @ZTop 's favourites Schneider also had a quality game and it'll only be a matter of time before he finds himself at another NRL club playing that game manager type role. One of the better halfback performances you'll see and he's not even a first choice player.

Sydney went in with the right attitude and played a nice expansive brand. They just weren't consistent enough with the football and a few players just switched off at crucial moments. At 14-0, it was always going to be tough so I look at what put them there. The lax chase on Walker's kick that deserved a repeat set (good play from Edwards/Turuva all the same), Smith's awful early tackle kick and then Tupou turning the ball over inside the 20 to give Penrith all the momentum.

Even later on Tupouniua spills the ball, then fails to find Suaalii when Suaalii was away down the left. These moments won't cost them against most teams, but when you're playing a team like Penrith, you need to bring your A game.

It's still a long season but I've got Penrith in my Top 4 already. Even with injuries, I can't name four better squads. I'll be curious to see how Sydney respond next week against the Bulldogs. I think they'll bounce back and still expect them to be competitive, but like all those old Brisbane teams that took on Melbourne, they don't even look in the same league to the Panthers.

The obstruction call was the worst call since Gillett got binned for not getting back the 10, after chasing a bloke 40 metres down the field.

Robbo obviously didn't fire up about, can't see any headlines on any of the news outlets.

Damn they are so good, high quality football for 80 minutes withiut some stars. Dylan Edwards is unreal, gotta be one of the fittest to ever play the game.

Probably uses the same ‘fitness regime’ that Liam Martin does ..

I can't be the only one sitting here wondering how Penrith have these 2 wingers that look grossly undersized when you compare them to some of the wingers who run for 200 metres a game, yet here they are doing it week in and week out.

I'm not hating on smaller bodies, the NRL has a place for that, I just can't for the life of me work out how they are able to run for so many metres every single week. It makes you wonder a bit. Penrith also never really seem to suffer from fatigue, they've barely copped a season ending injury to a big name player. Is Dank on their payroll?

Sure, but they definitely gave him some drug to fix his ribs up quick smart. This is literally the definition of performance enhancement.

Anyway, the NRL continues to make a rod for their own back with rule changes every 2 weeks.
I don't give a **** what anyone says that team is on the juice, time will prove me right when they finally are able to detect the drug that is stopping them from finding it, their team has way too much athletic advantages for it to make sense, it's not like their outside backs are lean players to have the stamina they have they are basically body builders the advantage they have over the comp is just straight up illegal bullshit.

Their outside backs all have the same nugget build, muscles require oxygen you telling me every other team is clueless on how to get their players to get stamina for first grade?

The Genetic freaks like Manu and Herbie can get that level due to elite genetics and with time to get to their peak level, but Penrith somehow randomly has it for any new outside back they bring in, **** off **** not buying this bullshit.

It's clear as day their entire team is built on their juiced backs making all the meters allowing their Forwards to be fresh.

Don't think it's a coincidence all their outside backs are Penrith juniors exclusively probably with NDAS to protect their club on it.

To say they are legit is to say Penrith just harbouring State of origin rep level outside backs in reserves like it's normal, because that is the level they all instantly debut at.

This is the real reason why Penrith have been where they are for the last 4 or so years, I have seen the youth development for basically every club in this time and Penrith basically exclusively getting peak Herbie from Debut season I call BS, and Herbie is probably one of the hardest trainers in the game to get to where has got and that is with his elite genetics, something most will not have access to(how many 105kg players you can think of with the athletic ability of him you probably can't even count two).

That obstruction call on JWH where Edwards ran into him was the grossest thing I've ever seen.

Unfortunately, it's the result of having a black and white interpretation.

Problem is, I don't think things are going to be any better giving this bunker discretion either.

I don't give a **** what anyone says that team is on the juice, time will prove me right when they finally are able to detect the drug that is stopping them from finding it, their team has way too much athletic advantages for it to make sense, it's not like their outside backs are lean players to have the stamina they have they are basically body builders the advantage they have over the comp is just straight up illegal bullshit.

Their outside backs all have the same nugget build, muscles require oxygen you telling me every other team is clueless on how to get their players to get stamina for first grade?

The Genetic freaks like Manu and Herbie can get that level due to elite genetics and with time to get to their peak level, but Penrith somehow randomly has it for any new outside back they bring in, **** off **** not buying this bullshit.

It's clear as day their entire team is built on their juiced backs making all the meters allowing their Forwards to be fresh.

Don't think it's a coincidence all their outside backs are Penrith juniors exclusively probably with NDAS to protect their club on it.

To say they are legit is to say Penrith just harbouring State of origin rep level outside backs in reserves like it's normal, because that is the level they all instantly debut at.

This is the real reason why Penrith have been where they are for the last 4 or so years, I have seen the youth development for basically every club in this time and Penrith basically exclusively getting peak Herbie from Debut season I call BS, and Herbie is probably one of the hardest trainers in the game to get to where has got and that is with his elite genetics, something most will not have access to(how many 105kg players you can think of with the athletic ability of him you probably can't even count two).
Their line speed is as quick in the 79th minute as it is in the 1st minute. They are one heck of a sporting organisation........

Active Now

• Spooky1013
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Midean
  • Jazza
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Waynesaurus
  • Maddy
  • winslow_wong
  • Spoon
  • MrTickyMcG
  • mrslong
  • thenry
  • Bish
  • Jedhead
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Dazza 92
  • Wolfie
  • Skathen
... and 59 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.