NOT CROSS FORUM NRL Round 6 Discussion

So turns out Titans should have received a penalty in GP for Stewart being offside when he charged down Foran's field goal attempt.

9398dc401950484308045ec2c92f5246.jpg

So turns out Titans should have received a penalty in GP for Stewart being offside when he charged down Foran's field goal attempt.

actually, I think you'll find that Annesley has hedged his bets. he said it was off side, but it shouldn't have been a penalty. it should have been a six-again.

he also "covered" the bunker saying that they can't rule on off side (in relation to the 10m)

actually, I think you'll find that Annesley has hedged his bets. he said it was off side, but it shouldn't have been a penalty. it should have been a six-again.

he also "covered" the bunker saying that they can't rule on off side (in relation to the 10m)

Well he's wrong in that sense because the result of the kick needs to be taken into account on a six again call for an offside player... especially when the offside player impacted on the play.

They've previously called back and given penalties when a team has kicked after calling an offside six again.

And on the last part why cant they call on offside, but they can call for markers not square??... pretty sure they said something about that when they changed the rule to bunker being able to review field goals ... and if that's the case then they're both discretionary from the ref so they can either call on both or call on neither

Well he's wrong in that sense because the result of the kick needs to be taken into account on a six again call for an offside player... especially when the offside player impacted on the play.

They've previously called back and given penalties when a team has kicked after calling an offside six again.

And on the last part why cant they call on offside, but they can call for markers not square??... pretty sure they said something about that when they changed the rule to bunker being able to review field goals ... and if that's the case then they're both discretionary from the ref so they can either call on both or call on neither
Agree with this, if he thinks that should have been a six-again, he’s cooked.

Kent running straight to Ricky's aid on 360... must have Ricky's notes written on his hand.

On this point I actually agree with Annesley. unless the players are exactly on the 10m lines, it would be hard for the bunker to tell if a player is inside the 10m. and if they started call them, it would be extremely inconsistent (even more so than now).

markers being square is a much easier call as you always have a fixed point to line up the markers with (i.e. the man playing the ball)

It would have been six again for Stewart being offside but then play breaks down after that when Titans lose the ball from the charge down so that’s when the penalty would be given and should have been given.

It would have been six again for Stewart being offside but then play breaks down after that when Titans lose the ball from the charge down so that’s when the penalty would be given and should have been given.

I don't disagree ... we've all seen penalties given when there is no advantage from the 6 again. just passing on Annesley's words

Touchie has his eyes painted on ?
Ref is looking open side . Touchie should be watching the short side . And then use the in ear headphone to tip the ref .

Agree with this, if he thinks that should have been a six-again, he’s cooked.
So the way Annesley thinks it should be, if there is 10 seconds to go on the clock and the other team is going to be taking a field-goal, you may as well put yourself offside to stop the kicker from kicking. 6 again, time runs out, game over you win.

I hate that they brought in this 6 again garbage without considering all the ways it can be cheated and even 4 years after they brought it in, still can't get it right.

Dally M votes for Round 6

Knights v Roosters
Dally M votes: Joey Manu 6, Angus Crichton 3, Bradman Best 2, Victor Radley 1.

Storm v Bulldogs
Dally M votes: Viliame Kikau 6, Harry Grant 2, Cameron Munster 2, Josh Addo-Carr 1, Bronson Xerri 1.

Broncos v Dolphins
Dally M votes: Pat Carrigan 6, Selwyn Cobbo 4, Isaiya Katoa 1, Reece Walsh 1.

Warriors v Sea Eagles
Dally M votes: Daly Cherry-Evans 6, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 3, Shaun Johnson 2, Addin Fonua-Blake 1.

Eels v Cowboys
Dally M votes: Clint Gutherson 6, Dylan Brown 4, J'maine Hopgood 1, Scott Drinkwater 1.

Rabbitohs v Sharks
Dally M votes: Ronaldo Mulitalo 6, Blayke Brailey 3, Nicho Hynes 2, Kayal Iro 1.

Wests Tigers v Dragons
Dally M votes: Zac Lomax 6, Jaydn Su'A 4, Jacob Liddle 1, Api Koroisau 1.

Raiders v Titans
Dally M votes: Jamal Fogarty 5, Hudson Young 3, Brian Kelly 2, Kieran Foran 1, Josh Papalii 1.

Foran should lose points for the fact he should've been another 5m's behind the line when taking the FG.

I don't get it. Just take a couple of steps back. There was no reason to take it from there, knowing that players are going to be flying out of line to get in the way.

Foran should lose points for the fact he should've been another 5m's behind the line when taking the FG.

I don't get it. Just take a couple of steps back. There was no reason to take it from there, knowing that players are going to be flying out of line to get in the way.

And if you are going to take it there, don't do it in slow motion.

Active Now

• dasherhalo
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.