NOT CROSS FORUM NRL Round 9 Discussion

You know what Souths could have used tonight? A halfback that knows how to get his team over the line and manage a game.

They had one, then they decided he was asking for too long of a deal.. Then they go ahead and give that same length of deal he was asking for to Walker. And then they decide to offload the halfback that was meant to be the future of that club and become better than the halfback they got rid of.

Can't help but laugh.

Real Madrid Lol GIF
They have signed Dodd from England. See how he goes.

You know what Souths could have used tonight? A halfback that knows how to get his team over the line and manage a game.

They had one, then they decided he was asking for too long of a deal.. Then they go ahead and give that same length of deal he was asking for to Walker. And then they decide to offload the halfback that was meant to be the future of that club and become better than the halfback they got rid of.

Now they're in this mess. Can't help but laugh.

Real Madrid Lol GIF

We should sign Ilias, make him Reynolds' successor, and win a comp just for the lols.

South’s remind me of us in 2020…20 mins of hope in a game and then 60 mins of dog shit and you end up losing by 30 points with maybe 2 or 3 players seeming to even care
And just like the 2020 Broncos, they've been ravaged by injury. In total they have around 15 unavailable players* and that was before the injuries to Jye Gray and Dean Hawkins. Considering Arrow is playing busted and ought to pull the pin this season, you can understand why they've been struggling.

That doesn't excuse everything that's led up to this point but injuries make such a huge difference in this competition.

Unavailable Players
Latrell Mitchell
Alex Johnston
Campbell Graham
Taane Milne
Lachlan Ilias
Tevita Tatola
Shaq Mitchell
Tyrone Munro
Leon Te Hau
Ben Lovett
Jacob Gagai
Richie Kennar
Thomas Fletcher
Ethan Ferguson
Haizyn Mellars

It ultimately had no impact but pisses me off that penrith gave 3-4 "6 agains" when defending their line within about 2 mins. No penalty, no 10 mins, not even a warning.

Taruva also pulling on arrow's jersey why arrow was driving a penrith player back in a tackle, which the NRL said would be penalised.

However Since these are not the rule/flavour of the month (like the "down town" rule was) and it is penrith, it is just ignored.

It ultimately had no impact but pisses me off that penrith gave 3-4 "6 agains" when defending their line within about 2 mins. No penalty, no 10 mins, not even a warning.

Taruva also pulling on arrow's jersey why arrow was driving a penrith player back in a tackle, which the NRL said would be penalised.

However Since these are not the rule/flavour of the month (like the "down town" rule was) and it is penrith, it is just ignored.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Penrith (like Melbourne) must succeed because it is a honey pot and it is in potential AFL expansion territory. It's just business. Success means money for the NRL. It's the same with Redcliffe, except NRL rules supreme in QLD. If the Titans weren't such a poorly managed enterprise, they would be petitioning the NRL for more "support".

I see people on social media blowing up about Thompson's try last night. Saying if that's a try then so is Api's.

Like what the actual ****? They aren't even close to being the same. You can't compare the two.

There is no debate about Thompson's try, ball still in both hands, no separation whatsoever, planted before his hand goes into touch, it's clear as fucking day. Try.

There needs to be a criminal investigation into Penrith as every week they “accidentally” (heavy heavy sarcasm) take out a key opposition player forcing them to make major positional changes which they then exploit.

I don’t see this as injuries playing the game but more deliberate targeted attacks. This is called ASSAULT which should carry real JAIL time!!

This thread needs some more copium by the looks of the last few pages. Bring in the doctor.

Whats Jamal Fogartys contract situation? He might be adding a few digits onto it the way the Raiders are playing since he got injured

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.