NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't paste the full thing here at the moment but this is fucken yooj.

"Another agent, Isaac Moses, has been issued a show cause notice and faces having his registration cancelled for "counselling or assisting a person to not co-operate fully with the NRL Integrity and Compliance Unit," according to the NRL.

Moses disputes the allegations and the matter will be considered in the new year once Moses has had an opportunity to respond to the notice. The Moses stable of clients includes Cameron Smith, Aaron Woods, David Klemmer and coaches including Stephen Kearney and Anthony Seibold."

I can't paste the full thing here at the moment but this is fucken yooj.

"Another agent, Isaac Moses, has been issued a show cause notice and faces having his registration cancelled for "counselling or assisting a person to not co-operate fully with the NRL Integrity and Compliance Unit," according to the NRL.

Moses disputes the allegations and the matter will be considered in the new year once Moses has had an opportunity to respond to the notice. The Moses stable of clients includes Cameron Smith, Aaron Woods, David Klemmer and coaches including Stephen Kearney and Anthony Seibold."

... And half of our players...

In JT's final year it looked like JT was trying to take a back seat and let Morgan run things but he was unable to... and then last year they weren't able to get anything going with Clifford/Morgan halves pairing.

I saw it the other way, with Morgan struggling to find his way into the team after missing the first few weeks and trying to negotiate with JT and Coote how much ball he could get his hands on. Morgan never overcame the injury and JT's final season ended on a wimper.

Dexter said:
This year is his big test no doubt.
He took over a good squad at Wynnum and at the Cows. Credit to him though, he got them to play for him, but this squad is his now.

I agree with the summation. Green is somebody who fell in love with his premiership squad and instead of bringing through the next generation in Ponga, B. Smith, Kikau etc. he got stuck in his ways to the dentriment of the club. It's a similar story with the Brisbane Broncos, except I would argue that Green was even more stubborn than Wayne.

Their recruitment drives suggests they're trying to rectify that mistake, it's just a question of whether the rot has sunk in.

I saw it the other way, with Morgan struggling to find his way into the team after missing the first few weeks and trying to negotiate with JT and Coote how much ball he could get his hands on. Morgan never overcame the injury and JT's final season ended on a wimper.
It just seemed like there was total confusion on who was doing what in the halves and potentially both were sitting back waiting for the other to take over the game.

I felt early on JT was playing within himself in terms of getting around the ruck, taking over games and playing in front of the advantage line (which I perceived to be him allowing Morgan to step up as he was the future of the club)... after a few weeks it appeared JT decided to take more control, but wasn't able to play at the same level as he normally could.

I think it resulted in an over reliance on Coote and the sweep around the back.... or at least I can recall it being very predictable and repetitive

So he is wearing another club's colours before signing? tsk tsk
I can't blame him, I would want to take as long as I could before being seen in Titan's colours.

Last edited:
I mean he’s in Titans gear but hasn’t signed yet.
I would imagine he signed the actual contract before that photo was taken?

They needed to see if the spare jersey they had would fit him, as they can't afford to buy him a new one

Apparently Tino has backflipped on the Warriors to sign a 3 year / $2m deal with the Titans. 😂

Didn't we have to essentially choose between Tino and Fifita/Haas? Gotta say we've got that one right so far.

Great signing for the Titans.

If there's teams willing to pay $650-700K a year for a guy who has barely played first grade, how much are we going to have to pay to keep Fifita, who is essentially already what people dream Tino will be at his peak? $1.2m+?

Didn't we have to essentially choose between Tino and Fifita/Haas? Gotta say we've got that one right so far.

I think Tino got poached by the Storm, Don't think we wanted to lose him.
[automerge]1576727598[/automerge]
If there's teams willing to pay $650-700K a year for a guy who has barely played first grade, how much are we going to have to pay to keep Fifita, who is essentially already what people dream Tino will be at his peak? $1.2m+?

I think probably this contract we will get Fifita for between 800-900k. Who knows next time around

Last edited:
I think Tino got poached by the Storm, Don't think we wanted to lose him.
[automerge]1576727598[/automerge]
Could be wrong, but I thought he was poached because we had to make a choice between him and some other gun youngster. We chose the latter, so he was "poached".

Could be wrong, but I thought he was poached because we had to make a choice between him and some other gun youngster. We chose the latter, so he was "poached".

Don't recall we had to make a choice, but we may have.

So likely to be something like:

Year 1 - $600k
Year 2 - $600k
Year 3 - $800k

of course my figures are made up but likely so are those in the art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.