NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
from Fox Sports:

Dufty to the Bulldogs on a one year deal; contract is basically finalised, will be announce shortly

Napa's manager is shopping him around for 300k (currently on 650k) but has zero interest, may have to drop his request further

Cowboys have added a 3rd year to their offer for Finucane

also from Fox Sports

Madge has 6 games to save his job.

says that Madge has lost the dressing room and quite a few of the players have their noses out of joint and have taken offense to his comments last week after the Rabbitohs game, where he described their performance as "garbage" and they he "needs to find men that are going to be accountable"

they say the DT believe a loss to us would be fatal to Madge

quotes Brent Read:

“The sense I get is they’ll wait until Tim gets here and gets his feet under the desk and a feel for the environment,” he said.

“I’ve been one of Madge’s biggest fans and I cop flak for it but even I acknowledge now the sense is unless things change dramatically in the next month or two, he can’t survive. They’re just making no headway, they’re actually going backwards.

“The players have to take a lot of responsibility for it but as we always see in these situations, it is easier to get rid of a coach than to clean out the dressing room. So ultimately if Tim Sheens gets there and they lose a couple more. If they lose that game [Broncos], that is another mark against him.

“If Tim gets there in August and things haven’t changed, I don’t see how Madge can be there next year.”

also from Fox Sports

says that Madge has lost the dressing room and quite a few of the players have their noses out of joint and have taken offense to his comments last week after the Rabbitohs game, where he described their performance as "garbage" and they he "needs to find men that are going to be accountable"

quotes Brent Read:

“The sense I get is they’ll wait until Tim gets here and gets his feet under the desk and a feel for the environment,” he said.

“I’ve been one of Madge’s biggest fans and I cop flak for it but even I acknowledge now the sense is unless things change dramatically in the next month or two, he can’t survive. They’re just making no headway, they’re actually going backwards.

“The players have to take a lot of responsibility for it but as we always see in these situations, it is easier to get rid of a coach than to clean out the dressing room. So ultimately if Tim Sheens gets there and they lose a couple more. If they lose that game [Broncos], that is another mark against him.

“If Tim gets there in August and things haven’t changed, I don’t see how Madge can be there next year.”

Napa for 200k? I'd take that on.

Napa for 200k? I'd take that on.

I wouldn't even consider him if he paid us. as @Allo says, surely there is someone in QLD cup we can give an opportunity to, that can provide us as much for that cash with the added benefit of not being an absolute moron

Napa is a loose cannon on the field for sure but has he done anything in recent years off the field? A genuine question because I cannot think of anything he has done and he might well realised this is his last chance saloon. If the club spoke with him though in a hypothetical scenario and made the decision he is as a big a douche off the field as he is on, then I would be more than happy to leave it at that. I think we should definitely sniff though and more than happy to be understandably disagreed with.

also from Fox Sports

quotes Brent Read:

I do feel sorry for Maguire here. There is absolutely no way that the roster he has is one that he has had control over. He is a hard disciplinarian and while it can be a detriment long term (as we saw in his last couple of years with the Rabbitohs where he had burned them out), he has the skillset to shape a mentally weak team in to one with starch if he is given the proper support.

And then you go through that roster and spot the fucking Leilua brothers. If there has ever been a genetic disposition for 5% amazingly instinctive and physical brilliance, surrounded with 95% absolutely moronic, instantly-game-losing brain farts, then these two are the candidates. Maguire champions effort and 1%ers to make teams competitive, and there is just no fucking way these players would be in his squad if he had any say in it. Whoever is in charge of recruitment there is the one that needs to go.

I do feel sorry for Maguire here. There is absolutely no way that the roster he has is one that he has had control over. He is a hard disciplinarian and while it can be a detriment long term (as we saw in his last couple of years with the Rabbitohs where he had burned them out), he has the skillset to shape a mentally weak team in to one with starch if he is given the proper support.

And then you go through that roster and spot the fucking Leilua brothers. If there has ever been a genetic disposition for 5% amazingly instinctive and physical brilliance, surrounded with 95% absolutely moronic, instantly-game-losing brain farts, then these two are the candidates. Maguire champions effort and 1%ers to make teams competitive, and there is just no fucking way these players would be in his squad if he had any say in it. Whoever is in charge of recruitment there is the one that needs to go.
I feel like Maguire would be a decent shout as Melbourne coach after Bellamy leaves.

Madge came through the storm system before heading souths and has won a premiership... so he knows what's needed to get it done.

His issue is he has never had a squad that can keep up with his demands. However, the storm squad is used to having that demanding coach and it's one of the reasons they are so strong. Their culture is effectively to do whatever it takes to win the premiership.

If they bring in a softly softly coach after Bellamy they may not keep up those standards

Ryles has just bailed from the storm and I think their current assistant is Kearney, who has failed so many times already.

Madge getting sacked looks inevitable at this point... he could head to storm as an assistant and they could line him up as coach given Bellamy seems like he wants to give it away.

Man, I really hope Walters makes an effort to bring in better assistants, if only to save his own ass. Hagan, Henry, Elliott and Madge would all be good options that could help with the more technical side that Walters can't do himself.

reports from out of Newcastle that Connor Watson wants to test the open market. the reports say that he has been personally calling rival coaches.

Dean Ritchie believes Watson will stay, just testing his value

Brent Read, via Fox Sports, reporting that the Dragons are well and truly in the race for Finucane after freeing up cash by sacking Paul Vaughn

Brent Read, via Fox Sports, reporting that the Dragons are well and truly in the race for Finucane after freeing up cash by sacking Paul Vaughn

I thought this sounded sensible but then I realised he isn't an ex-Bronco, so he's no chance of going to the Dragons or Titans.

I thought this sounded sensible but then I realised he isn't an ex-Bronco, so he's no chance of going to the Dragons or Titans.
He's not likely to be all that useful for us, but a club needing middle Forwards is going to get a great pickup here. The more attention I've paid to him the better he looks.

Corey Jensen?

reportedly signed a 2 year contract with us.

same article says that the Cowboys have re-signed Granville on a 1 year deal with a second year in the clubs favour

reportedly signed a 2 year contract with us.

same article says that the Cowboys have re-signed Granville on a 1 year deal with a second year in the clubs favour
Is he any chop?

Hooper is reporting that a "Tigers Official" picked up the phone to Canberra and made them a trade offer of Luke Brooks and Moses Mbye for Jack Wighton and Josh Hodgson

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Jeza23
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.