-OFFICIAL- NRL Season Recommencing

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
Again, it all looks good on the surface. There is no pudding, so I will reserve judgement. And you could be right but I have seen a long line of incompetent leaders in the NRL, some of them just take longer to see than others.
No pudding? The game starts again in 4 days because of him. You obviously have your mind made up so I’ll leave you to it.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
No pudding? The game starts again in 4 days because of him. You obviously have your mind made up so I’ll leave you to it.
You do realise the Bundesliga in Germany has already re-started right? This isn't the first sporting comp in the world to re-start.

And yes, I certainly seem like I've got my mind made up but I actually haven't. I'm warning caution. The thing is, he may well be as good as you are saying but that doesn't mean he is AND I would argue more importantly, it doesn't mean the powers that be sitting behind him will let him move the game forward as needs to happen.

Right now, he seems to have permission to make changes but lets see what happens in a few weeks time...or even in 4 days as you said when the first controversy happens on the field.

Greenburg was useless BUT he DID try to make a difference with the penalty crackdown and next thing, guess what happens? He and his administration get torn the shreds by the idiots in the media and the needed changes go out the window on the back of an EXCELLENT game with a million penalties that were just about all correct.

I am reserving me judgement until I see what happens at the first sign of media backlash which hasn't happened yet. If he sticks to his guns for the betterment of the game, THEN I will be on board.

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
You do realise the Bundesliga in Germany has already re-started right? This isn't the first sporting comp in the world to re-start.

And yes, I certainly seem like I've got my mind made up but I actually haven't. I'm warning caution. The thing is, he may well be as good as you are saying but that doesn't mean he is AND I would argue more importantly, it doesn't mean the powers that be sitting behind him will let him move the game forward as needs to happen.

Right now, he seems to have permission to make changes but lets see what happens in a few weeks time...or even in 4 days as you said when the first controversy happens on the field.

Greenburg was useless BUT he DID try to make a difference with the penalty crackdown and next thing, guess what happens? He and his administration get torn the shreds by the idiots in the media and the needed changes go out the window on the back of an EXCELLENT game with a million penalties that were just about all correct.

I am reserving me judgement until I see what happens at the first sign of media backlash which hasn't happened yet. If he sticks to his guns for the betterment of the game, THEN I will be on board.
I didn’t say it was the first sport in the world back up, I am talking about Australia.You can only judge what happens in each country.

tommy

State of Origin Captain
Can't wait for the footy to start but also have a cautious mindset. It's only gonna take 1 player or staff to get the virus and it's season cancelled again.

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Buzz today having a whinge about the chooks tough draw having to play 4 of last years top 8 twice.
This limp noodle doesn't say boo when we get 6 of the previous years top 8 twice every year.

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
Love your style. Exceptionally well priced too. If you like this you should try the Cardhu if you come across it. Very similar, but the Cardhu is a wee bit smoother. Also the McCallen is money well spent.
nice, i'll have to try that ... are you talking about the 12 or 15 year?

Jedhead

NRL Player
nice, i'll have to try that ... are you talking about the 12 or 15 year?
The older the better, it's whatever your budget can afford and what you can justify to your partner. I had the 30 year old at the Samford hotel a few years ago after a dinner. The waiter had never had anyone ask for it before and was so upset that a mere shot cost me $230 so he left me the remainder that was in the bottle. So I ended up scoring another two drams for nix. Bought my wife another couple of cherry brandies so I could settle down and enjoy the night. What a great surprise birthday pressie that was.

broncsgoat

State of Origin Rep
V’landys has done a great job so far and is already angling to have crowds back within 6 weeks. Who would have thought hey? Business as usual.

Xzei

QCup Player
Yet to see what the state government decides what business as usual will be crowd wise,50% capacity?Maybe for a roosters home game but def not a Broncos home game.

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
V’landys has done a great job so far and is already angling to have crowds back within 6 weeks. Who would have thought hey? Business as usual.
mate you should have sent the message a few days ago ... the NSW premier has said that won't be happening

broncsgoat

State of Origin Rep
mate you should have sent the message a few days ago ... the NSW premier has said that won't be happening
And the Qld premier said the borders would be closed until September and how was the response to that? Anyway, if they're already aiming for July 1 even if that goal isn't met you'd expect it wouldn't be too long after until crowds are allowed back in some capacity.

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
And the Qld premier said the borders would be closed until September and how was the response to that? Anyway, if they're already aiming for July 1 even if that goal isn't met you'd expect it wouldn't be too long after until crowds are allowed back in some capacity.
the borders are still closed ... the NRL players are getting special treatment.

last time i checked there would be the general public in the stands ... they type of people who won't get special treatment

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
The borders are still closed, how can you not know this?

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
Well they are now, but don’t see it lasting much longer. Let alone until September lol.
of course they'll stay closed until September, Palachook wil want to use the re-opening as a political stunt during her re-election campaign

besides it doesn't matter whether borders are open or closed ... 50k people gathering in once place won't be permitted for a long time yet. especially with the governements and AMA saying it won't happen

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.