-OFFICIAL- NRL Season Recommencing

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
One thing I do wonder though is, as people who often require significant operations, do the same players refusing the flu shot also refuse local / general anaesthetic when they go under the knife.
I believe it's not about the injection, it's what's in it.

The normal religious / cultural objection is that your body is sacred, and should not be tainted with other living matter. In the case of vaccinations, it's the injection of viruses, regardless of whether they're dead or weakened.

JAHHW

NRL Player
I believe it's not about the injection, it's what's in it.

The normal religious / cultural objection is that your body is sacred, and should not be tainted with other living matter. In the case of vaccinations, it's the injection of viruses, regardless of whether they're dead or weakened.
I appreciate your response and expect you’re simply trying to provide an answer to my rhetorical question, so I’m not trying to be provocative.

But it literally makes no sense to me.

Both anaesthetics and vaccinations are medically researched and engineered foreign liquids injected into your body, each for a very distinct purpose, but both with a composition and origin completely unknown to the person they’re being injected into.

As such, I would expect if someone is going to question vaccinations, it would stand to reason they would question absolutely anything and everything a conventional western doctor proposes to inject them with.

EDIT: maybe there is a better thread for this, as it’s quite a long way from RL now 😂

Last edited:

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
I appreciate your response and expect you’re simply trying to provide an answer to my rhetorical question, so I’m not trying to be provocative.

But it literally makes no sense to me.

Both anaesthetics and vaccinations are medically researched and engineered foreign liquids injected into your body, each for a very distinct purpose, but both with a composition and origin completely unknown to the person they’re being injected into.

As such, I would expect if someone is going to question vaccinations, it would stand to reason they would question absolutely anything and everything a conventional western doctor proposes to inject them with.

EDIT: maybe there is a better thread for this, as it’s quite a long way from RL now 😂
But D-list celebrities and surfers said it's bad so that's the logic halfwits like Bryce Cartwright live by.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
I’ll look for a nice Irish variety.

Recently ran out of this. The price at the moment is stupid for some reason, usually goes for $150, I'm assuming it's something to do with Covid. If you like whisky, highly recommend it.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
It’s a special occasion thing. When I can be bothered, which isn’t often, I like to have a range of three or four whiskeys ranging in quality and price. Start out with first three and end on the cheapie if required.

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Greg Inglis making a comeback......?

Thats as far as I got. I'm not paying newspapers for a subscription.

Tom

State of Origin Captain
lmao this is funny as ****. Didn't Bennett replace him almost immediately with Roberts? Looks pretty sus now.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
One year deal with Warrington.

So much for the medical retirement.
I don't remember him being medically retired. I thought he simply retired and basically forfeited his remaining owed salary with only whatever he gets paid in his off-field role at Souths being included in the cap for the remaining original contract duration.

Last edited:

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
I don't remember him being medically retired. I thought he simply retired and basically forfeited his remaining owed salary with only whatever he gets paid in his off-field role at Souths being included in the cap for the remaining original contract duration.
Bennett wouldn't play him because Inglis required injections to get through games so GI retired. He didn't have to jump through the exact same hoops as Burgess, but Souths were still looking for an exemption which they received.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Bennett wouldn't play him because Inglis required injections to get through games so GI retired. He didn't have to jump through the exact same hoops as Burgess, but Souths were still looking for an exemption which they received.

He didn't medically retire though. My understanding is he literally said okay I retire, and forfeited his entire contract. Burgess/Gillett on the other hand, get the full value of their contract paid out because it was a medical retirement.

The theory is, Inglis retired out of his own free will, he even says it in his last press conference that he felt the time was right to walk away and it was entirely his decision.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
What was unusual about the Inglis situation is a player will very rarely walk away from 1M+, just ask Boyd. So there's plenty of conspiracies to be had for sure, but by the books, he walked away from his contract, Souths pay him nothing and the NRL agreed that if Souths pay him nothing, it won't count against the salary cap other than the money that was already paid up until the point of retirement.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Like I said, he didn't jump through the same hoops as Burgess, but he was effectively told he wasn't going to be selected until his shoulder was right and Souths moved him into another role when those type of incentives were being discouraged (ask Pascoe at Wests all about it).

So yeah not the same as Burgess, but still a "retirement".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulietaRai

Twitter