NRL Season Recommencing

Well the backdown came but it took a little longer than usual.

Sanity prevails.

Insisting people get vaccinated from a disease as a result of a pandemic of another disease that has disappeared from our country is fucking lunacy.

Last edited:
Sanity prevails.

Insisting people get vaccinated from a disease as a result of a pandemic of another disease that has disappeared from our country is fucking lunacy.

It's really not.

Having everyone vaccinated for influenza will save a LOT of trouble over the next 6 months. Think about how many footy players would come down with the flu on average throughout a season of football, now if nobody is vaccinated, that's going to spread throughout teams, each person that develops symptoms will have to be quarantined and tested. Each player they've come in contact with will have to be quarantined until the test results are come back to confirm it's not COVID-19. You could have a scenario where one player getting the flu knocks out an entire team from playing whilst they wait for test results.

It's really not.

Having everyone vaccinated for influenza will save a LOT of trouble over the next 6 months. Think about how many footy players would come down with the flu on average throughout a season of football, now if nobody is vaccinated, that's going to spread throughout teams, each person that develops symptoms will have to be quarantined and tested. Each player they've come in contact with will have to be quarantined until the test results are come back to confirm it's not COVID-19. You could have a scenario where one player getting the flu knocks out an entire team from playing whilst they wait for test results.
FWIW you can still get the flu after receiving the flu shot. And in my experience you're more likely to get unwell in the period shortly after receiving the shot.

hmmmm, a known anti-vaxxer gets a "medical" exemption to play ...

well done Palachook, performing your usual back flip after a hardline stance. I hope you realise, this won't get you any extra votes in October, as the Titans have **** all fans ... and the ones they do have were praying Cartwright would be unable to play this season

FWIW you can still get the flu after receiving the flu shot.

That's how it works, it's not a 'cure'. It just vastly reduces the likelihood of getting the current seasonal flu.

And in my experience you're more likely to get unwell in the period shortly after receiving the shot.

That's definitely not how it works, you must be really unlucky.

p.s - It takes 2 weeks or so for the antibodies to develop in the body and start providing protection, so if you're referring to that 2 week window, it's nothing to do with the vaccine.

After you get a shot, don't go looking for people to sneeze into your face thinking "bring it on".

Medical exemption based on the fact that he’s a braindead dafty.
Medical exemption based on the fact you can’t make an adult inject themselves with something they don’t want to*

I’m surprised so many on this forum are willing to be dictated too.

If the government told you, you MUST inject a substance into your body, you would do it?

Sanity prevails.

So lying is sanity?

Last edited by a moderator:
Quoting edited post.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's how it works, it's not a 'cure'. It just vastly reduces the likelihood of getting the current seasonal flu.

That's definitely not how it works, you must be really unlucky.

p.s - It takes 2 weeks or so for the antibodies to develop in the body and start providing protection, so if you're referring to that 2 week window, it's nothing to do with the vaccine.
I think he's probably referring to the symptoms one feels due to the immune response to the vaccine. It isn't "sickness" per se, but there can be an exaggerated immune response to the vaccine. However, this would more than likely be a far lesser response than that of the actual (live) virus.

It is this adverse reaction that puts people off vaccines in the first place. Couple that with the selection of influenza virus strain being only a (highly) educated prediction and you have a recipe for people to be misinformed, disinformed and persuaded by facebook to avoid vaccines.

I do agree with the liberal view of not being forced to take an injection without your consent, but I think it also falls within the realm of societal conformity. If you want to play NRL, you have to abide by their rules. This is why a lot of these objectors have overcome their objections for a paycheck.

If the belief is strong enough and the science agrees, then you should challenge it with all your might. However, deciding on whether the fight is worth fighting is another matter entirely.

Last edited:
I’m surprised so many on this forum are willing to be dictated too.

If the government told you, you MUST inject a substance into your body, you would do it?

If that substance was safe and it enabled me to get an exemption to the LAW allowing me to play a game i love and a game that pays me hundreds of thousands of dollars ... then abso-fucking-lutely

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
  • Justwin
  • Brocko
  • broncos4life
  • broncsgoat
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Nerd
  • I bleed Maroon
  • sooticus
  • Rambstien
  • Organix
  • bazza
  • cento
  • Financeguy
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.